• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bianchi 82 CarryLok. Anyone using it?

Freedom First

I bought a non-standard gun (Taurus 945) and have been having trouble finding any form of positive retention holster for it. The fobus is fine for the range or at home but I am concerned about some dork making a grab for it in walleywerld...

The reviews I have found for Bianchi are all 5 star and the price is not unreasonable. $60ish. Any comments?

Tomas

I'm using the Bianchi 82 for my Taurus PT709 Slim, and I like it - it's well made, fits my odd little Taurus quite well, and the release is quite natural to hit while drawing - not at all awkward after a bit of practice to make it automatic.

Holds the weapon close in with a 2" belt (using a leather 5.11, 2")

pt709_bianchi82.jpg

(The one I use is the 82 CarryLok Holster Black Right Hand Glock 26 27)

I don't know how the locking mechanism fit would be on your Taurus - on mine there is NO slack - seems almost custom made.

cbpeck

I'm not familiar with the CarryLok system, but what I can say is that I'm not impressed with the quality of the newer Bianchi holsters. Their stuff used to look pretty good (I still have and occasionally use an Italian made Bianchi Professional for my Beretta 85), but ever since production was relocated to Mexico a year or two ago the quality of their materials and workmanship has diminished significantly.

cbpeck

I'm using the Bianchi 82 for my Taurus PT709 Slim, and I like it - it's well made, fits my odd little Taurus quite well, and the release is quite natural to hit while drawing - not at all awkward after a bit of practice to make it automatic.

Holds the weapon close in with a 2" belt (using a leather 5.11, 2")

pt709_bianchi82.jpg

(The one I use is the 82 CarryLok Holster Black Right Hand Glock 26 27)

I don't know how the locking mechanism fit would be on your Taurus - on mine there is NO slack - seems almost custom made.

Just from looking at the photo I would guess this is an older, Italian made Bianchi. The newer Mexican ones don't look this nice.

Tomas

Just from looking at the photo I would guess this is an older, Italian made Bianchi. The newer Mexican ones don't look this nice.

Actually, it's a Mexican made one that I've had about 3 months.

Some of the newer models DO seem to be of lesser quality, but my model 82 is just fine. Nice leather, good fit and finish, good stitching. Overall a lot like my older Bianchis.

(The boning of the crease around the retention could have been a little less bold, but that's just taste. Overall, I'm quite happy with it.)

Superlite27

Great holsters

I bought a model 82 for my 3" 1911 and loved it. It firmly retains the firearm with a solid "click" that won't let go until the button is pushed. It holds my pistol firmly close to my body, and has belt slots big enough to handle any size belt I may want to wear. The whole thing is double thickness hard leather, not that flimsy crap that Bianchi usually makes.

I liked the model 82 well enough for my 1911, that I bought one for my XDm as well. It takes a little getting used to in order to depress the button with your middle finger as you draw, but once this happens often enough, it easily becomes "muscle memory" enough to notice its absence when using non retention holsters.

Great holster. Excellent quality.

BTW: Did I mention it's made in Mexico?

cbpeck

Actually, it's a Mexican made one that I've had about 3 months.

Some of the newer models DO seem to be of lesser quality, but my model 82 is just fine. Nice leather, good fit and finish, good stitching. Overall a lot like my older Bianchis.

(The boning of the crease around the retention could have been a little less bold, but that's just taste. Overall, I'm quite happy with it.)

Good to hear.

since9

Campaign Veteran
...ever since production was relocated to Mexico a year or two ago the quality of their materials and workmanship has diminished significantly.

I hate to be a spoilsport, but while looking for a good locking leather holster for my CZ 85 B this last year, Bianchi was one of the manufacturers I considered and rejected, as their circa-$70 holster could not improve on the cheap ($25) nylon slung snap-retention holster I'm still using until I can find a hip or paddle holster that'll allow me to carry and draw faster and with less worry than I can now.

zack991

Bianchi products I do not trust at all, the one I had owned had fallen apart(stitching came undone) the fit and finish was poor. Maybe i got a lemon but it only takes one bad product to sour me to any of their other products. Since they have moved their production to Mexico I am not impressed in the least with their products and the cheap quality I see at the gun stores and gun shows. I am not willing to roll the dice with them again and I gone with Galco and Black Hawk Serpa products instead.

Last edited:

Freedom First

Moot Point...

The wife got me a Supertuck. Works great and is very comfortable. It's just that she isn't sold on the OC aspect of my life. Maybe next time... :p

Freedom First

All those years of good clean livin'!

I just found a Serpa for the SIG 226 for $20 barely used! Grabbed it and I just finished grinding it down to fit my Taurus 945 I love. I had heard that it would fit and was disgusted when I went to the store and tried a new one. I wasn't about to drop $50+ for a holster I would have to possibly break to get it to fix.

Life is good and I love the "click"! :banana:

Freedom First

Finally got the pics thing workin'...

Here's the Taurus 945 in a Serpa CQC for Sig228/229 modified. You can see the hole on the retention clip where I modified the catch for the trigger guard. Did a bit of grinding inside too. No rattles and clicks right in every time. Much better draw stroke than the Fobus RU-97 I was using.

PT-945andCQC-1.jpg

Looks and carries great both OC and CC. I use the Supertuck for church and trips to places I know will choke at the sight of a firearm...

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
I have a CarryLok for my Beretta 9000S, also a difficult gun to find a holster for. I have not had any problems with my CarryLok and I have worn it and drawn from it at the range extensively. I would definitely recommend it to you.