• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

U.S. guns tied to crime south of border

rodbender

No other state has produced more guns seized by police in the brutal Mexican drug wars than Texas. In the Lone Star State, no other city has more guns linked to Mexican crime scenes than Houston. And in the Texas oil town, no single independent dealer stands out more for selling guns traced from south of the border than Bill Carter.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/12/12/AR2010121202663.html

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
That was typical fascist propaganda wasn't it? I didn't even finish it. What mexico actually needs desperately is MORE GUNS, in the hands of it's citizenry. This would effectively protect them from both the cartels and their own gov't. It's sort of hard to tell which one's worse.

Dreamer

That was typical fascist propaganda wasn't it? I didn't even finish it. What mexico actually needs desperately is MORE GUNS, in the hands of it's citizenry. This would effectively protect them from both the cartels and their own gov't. It's sort of hard to tell which one's worse.

What they conveniently left out of thsi article is the TENS of THOUSANDS of fireams that they seize annually that they DON'T trace to US dealers, but are coming from China, Russia, Israel, and foreign militaries.

What they aren't showing is the tens of thousands of select-fire M-16s that were manufactured with no serial numbers on them by Ruger and Colt for the CIA to give to the Contras in Nicaragua, and therefore CAN'T be traced. Most of those have, in fact, made their way out of Nicaragua, and are now in the hands of the Mexican cartels.

What they aren't telling you about is the container ship LOADS of military-grade weapons (grenades, rocket launchers, large machine guns) that are being bought on the international market (often from GOVERNMENT sources) with CASH by the cartels, from nations that are supposedly our allies, like France, Israel, and Russia.

What they aren't telling you in this article is the fact that the DEA often refuses to prosecute Cartel members, because a LOT of the Mexican drug trade is intimately tied in to the US "intelligence community" and prosecution of these thugs would run the risk of having to expose "classified information".

What they aren't telling you is that the reason the drug problem is so bad in Mexico is because it is one of the only profit-making industries left in this hemisphere that isn't completely controlled by big corporate sociopaths (it's controlled by small, family sociopaths), and the fact is, they are, for the most part, serving a VERY useful role in the Globalist agenda...

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
What they conveniently left out of thsi article is the TENS of THOUSANDS of fireams that they seize annually that they DON'T trace to US dealers, but are coming from China, Russia, Israel, and foreign militaries.

What they aren't showing is the tens of thousands of select-fire M-16s that were manufactured with no serial numbers on them by Ruger and Colt for the CIA to give to the Contras in Nicaragua, and therefore CAN'T be traced. Most of those have, in fact, made their way out of Nicaragua, and are now in the hands of the Mexican cartels.

What they aren't telling you about is the container ship LOADS of military-grade weapons (grenades, rocket launchers, large machine guns) that are being bought on the international market (often from GOVERNMENT sources) with CASH by the cartels, from nations that are supposedly our allies, like France, Israel, and Russia.

What they aren't telling you in this article is the fact that the DEA often refuses to prosecute Cartel members, because a LOT of the Mexican drug trade is intimately tied in to the US "intelligence community" and prosecution of these thugs would run the risk of having to expose "classified information".

What they aren't telling you is that the reason the drug problem is so bad in Mexico is because it is one of the only profit-making industries left in this hemisphere that isn't completely controlled by big corporate sociopaths (it's controlled by small, family sociopaths), and the fact is, they are, for the most part, serving a VERY useful role in the Globalist agenda...

Fortunately most people who own guns are aware of the facts. It's certainly worth pointing out that even a lot of the guns that can be traced were given to the mexican military before ending up in criminal hands. Most of the guns the cartels are using cannot be traced to the US at all from what I understand. This clearly illustrates a strategy to restrict our commerce by falsly laying the blame at the recreational gun industry. We argue (A LOT) about certain points and issues, but we do agree that gun control is an agenda of international marxists, and it has nothing to do with promoting a safer or more peaceful society. It has everything to do with having a population that cannot resist their "utopia".

MK

They should allow the arming of their citizenry and we should legalize marijuana and it would take a big bite out of crime for both countries.

CO-Joe

What they aren't showing is the tens of thousands of select-fire M-16s that were manufactured with no serial numbers on them by Ruger and Colt for the CIA to give to the Contras in Nicaragua, and therefore CAN'T be traced.

I think it's more likely that many of these tens of thousands of M-16s, M4s, the grenades, grenade launchers, heavy machine guns have come straight from the Mexican military's own armories, and are for the most part fully traceable--if they haven't had their numbers ground off... Only they don't want to follow through on these traces because it would give them a big F'n black eye when it becomes apparent that their government is so thoroughly corrupt or incompetent that they'd let thousands of military arms go to drug traders.

When they say "they were made in the US", that's probably the only truth they're willing to let go, because nobody else makes these products, and it's less painful to say they came across the border illegally rather than suffer the embarrassment of admitting their own government bought these items legitimately, and then let them fall into the wrong hands.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
I think it's more likely that many of these tens of thousands of M-16s, M4s, the grenades, grenade launchers, heavy machine guns have come straight from the Mexican military's own armories, and are for the most part fully traceable--if they haven't had their numbers ground off... Only they don't want to follow through on these traces because it would give them a big F'n black eye when it becomes apparent that their government is so thoroughly corrupt or incompetent that they'd let thousands of military arms go to drug traders.

When they say "they were made in the US", that's probably the only truth they're willing to let go, because nobody else makes these products, and it's less painful to say they came across the border illegally rather than suffer the embarrassment of admitting their own government bought these items legitimately, and then let them fall into the wrong hands.

What Dreamer is refering too are the weapons given to anti-communist resistance forces in central America by clandestine US operatives. I certainly doubt Colt, Ruger ETC. would make receivers with their company stamps but no serial #'s for any reason, since I have to guess that would violate international laws regardless of who the weapons were sold too. I also seriously doubt such clandestine endeavors were under taken with malice towards our own people, as has been implied by certain internet malcontents who sell 9/11 conspiracy videos.

I'm sure our own gov't would prefer that everyone was unaware of the efforts to arm anti-commie fighters, (even if laws passed in the US by pro-communist democrats prohibited it) or the arming of any of the various groups good or bad that we secretly used to fight the soviets by proxy. Many people do know anyway, and quite a few attempt to use it as evidence that our country is standing on lower moral grounds than people who are devoted to killing as many of our people as they can because muhamed told 'em too.

As far as I'm concerned killing communists is a noble endeavor. Everytime a communist dies, the collective property and lives of every productive person on earth is that much more secure. Therefore "the ends justify the means", but it's unfortunate these people weren't competent enough to ensure these weapons didn't end up in the wrong hands.

eye95

It makes sense that these companies would leave off serial numbers but put their company logos on the weapons. However, tinfoil information rarely has good sources. But, that's what makes it useful for them. That a source cannot be cited for the information simply feeds the conspiracy theory.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
It makes sense that these companies would leave off serial numbers but put their company logos on the weapons. However, tinfoil information rarely has good sources. But, that's what makes it useful for them. That a source cannot be cited for the information simply feeds the conspiracy theory.

I don't have a cite, but I would have to bet it would be VERY illegal to crank out guns W/O serial #'s. When I worked for STI every receiver SER# went into a UN database, and if a reciever had to be destroyed it created an increased cost to delete it. We are talking about 80's operations though, so maybe the law was different. I still can't see why a company would put it's brand on weapons going to rebel resistance groups.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
That article is just so much BS and pissed me off.

I'm sure the primary objective of the Washington Post's "journalists" was to misinform, but I'm sure James V. Grimaldi and Sari Horwitz would be delighted to know they've also pissed people off who know better. Just be glad that the only people stupid enough to believe such drivel are so thoroughly programmed you couldn't persued them to even consider the truth. Even if you had the means to sell a "newspaper" that can barely keep itself on the market.

Knowing these facts delights me.:banana:

MKEgal

I saw this on the national TV news a night or so ago, and as they were showing the Mexican military destroying perfectly good guns of all sorts they were also bemoaning the "fact" that their military is outgunned by the drug cartels.

Well, DUH! Stop destroying the weapons you seize! Idiots.