Thread: Baltimore Body Count reached 210...

Baltimore Body Count reached 210...

Yet another tragic homicide in "Charm City" this weekend:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/bs-...,5901601.story

With over 20 days left in the calendar year, homicides trending up in Baltimore, and the holidays (and shopping, partying, and people carrying larger amounts of money on the streets) approaching, it is distinctly possible that the homicide count in "Charm City" could break 250 for 2010.

So, how's that "gun control" thing working out for ya, O'Malley, Gansler, and Sheridan?

For what it's worth, the homicide rate in Washington DC so far this year is 126 (down 7.4% from 2009)

http://mpdc.dc.gov/mpdc/cwp/view,a,1...,mpdcNav,|.asp

And in the "Windy City", the bodies are dropping like snowflakes. The Chicago homicide rate for 2010 passed the 400 mark a week before Thanksgiving, and could very well top 450 by years end.

http://homicides.redeyechicago.com/

How's that "gun control" thing working out for ya, Mayor Daley?

The Washington Times apparently sees things our way though. They ran an article in May of this year, giving Mayor Daley the solution to the out-of-control crime in Chicago:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...icago-murders/

But I guess Mr. Daley feels that an armed citizenry poses too much of a safety threat to his constituency of political cronies, business associates, thugs, drug dealers, embezzlers, bribers, and thieves... (and those are just his associates with offices in City Hall...)
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Founder's Club Member PrayingForWar's Avatar
    Maybe Chicago needs Iraqi police too...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IRAQ_031_s640x713.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	81.1 KB 
ID:	4797

They're probably just as thuggish, have equal gun safety skills, and work for less money.
    If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training. You will become a minister of death, PRAYING FOR WAR...

Quote Originally Posted by PrayingForWar View Post
    Maybe Chicago needs Iraqi police too...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IRAQ_031_s640x713.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	81.1 KB 
ID:	4797

They're probably just as thuggish, have equal gun safety skills, and work for less money.

Great pic, and although you may be right about the level of integrity of the majority of the Iraqi police force, that pic you posted is a little misleading.

I agree that the cop in the pic has TERRIBLE trigger discipline, at least with his right hand...

But what you failed to note was that the reason that cop is holding half a dozen or so Glocks is because his buddies are all VOTING in their election, and in Iraq, even the cops can't carry in polling places. So he is holding his fellow officer's firearms while they vote.

That's actually pretty honorable, in my book.

There are at lest THREE sides to every story, and propaganda is the art of using innocuous images to propagate negative emotion, while hiding or discrediting the positive.

FUD is wrong, no matter WHAT it's being spread about...
    Last edited by Dreamer; 12-15-2010 at 06:23 PM.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Founder's Club Member PrayingForWar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    Great pic, and although you may be right about the level of integrity of the majority of the Iraqi police force, that pic you posted is a little misleading.

I agree that the cop in the pic has TERRIBLE trigger discipline, at least with his right hand...

But what you failed to note was that the reason that cop is holding half a dozen or so Glocks is because his buddies are all VOTING in their election, and in Iraq, even the cops can't carry in polling places. So he is holding his fellow officer's firearms while they vote.

That's actually pretty honorable, in my book.

There are at lest THREE sides to every story, and propaganda is the art of using innocuous images to propagate negative emotion, while hiding or discrediting the positive.

FUD is wrong, no matter WHAT it's being spread about...
    You have a point. I should say that while some of the IPs (Iraqi Police) I ran into were obviously working against us, I know that a lot of them took their jobs seriously and wanted to secure their people from anyone who they considered a threat. Be they US troops or islamic jihadists.
    If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training. You will become a minister of death, PRAYING FOR WAR...