• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Examiner.com - Florida legislature takes up firearms carry reform

StogieC

Campaign Veteran
Last edited:

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
As I've mentioned in other threads; I don't get it.

We have a super-majority. Why are we stepping over dollars to pick up dimes?

Incremental-ism is fine when facing serious opposition. But we're not.

I understand the court plan, but why take that huge gamble when you can easily legislate it?

It just doesn't make sense. ....unless..........

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
As I've mentioned in other threads; I don't get it.

We have a super-majority. Why are we stepping over dollars to pick up dimes?

Incremental-ism is fine when facing serious opposition. But we're not.

I understand the court plan, but why take that huge gamble when you can easily legislate it?

It just doesn't make sense. ....unless..........

I stated this:

What will happen to the unlicensed exceptions when/if it turns green?

They still exist, as far as I've read the bill. You can still OC without license if you're doing one of the activities.

While OC may be banned, we have a supermajority!

We have a supermajority of the Republican party. That doesn't mean we have a majority in both houses that would go for unlicensed OC at this time.

Last edited:

Gray Peterson

We, we both concede that a very large number of these 'republicans' are RINOs.

I don't like getting into partisan politics or throw around terms like RINO's, DINO's, and such. My only care in terms of the tally is:

1) How many votes do we have in each house for unlicensed OC?

2) If we don't have the votes, how many votes do we have with licensed OC?

We know Governor Scott will sign whatever bill comes on his desk.

JeepSeller

I'm curious....I keep seeing these kind of statements. How do we KNOW exactly? Because a politician made a campaign promise?

Not to be a fuddy-dud, but, I'm afraid I have a hard time being as confident. I'm just one of those who believe that a kept campaign promise is a myth on par with Big Foot, UFO's and the Florida Skunk Ape. ROFL

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
I don't like getting into partisan politics or throw around terms like RINO's, DINO's, and such. My only care in terms of the tally is:

1) How many votes do we have in each house for unlicensed OC?

2) If we don't have the votes, how many votes do we have with licensed OC?

I would tend to agree, again. Partisan Politics are a perverse reality. False pretense in an individual, Scott's Promise, or False Pretense as a group, RINOs. Why do we continue to elect Politicians instead of our neighbors or each other?

brboyer

I'm curious....I keep seeing these kind of statements. How do we KNOW exactly? Because a politician made a campaign promise?

Not to be a fuddy-dud, but, I'm afraid I have a hard time being as confident. I'm just one of those who believe that a kept campaign promise is a myth on par with Big Foot, UFO's and the Florida Skunk Ape. ROFL

Because some involved have been in communications with Scott's team during the transition and Scott's has staff involved in the current (and future) Pro 2A legislative process.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
It would be our distinct pleasure to serve you, sir. :lol:

I do hope you all realize, Green doesn't count.

"A RIGHT unexercised is a RIGHT lost." <-- Licensed OC is not a RIGHT.

I WANT to eat it, I really do. But I don't abide cheaters.

Last edited:

Gray Peterson

I guess John Pierce, the owner of the forum, is a cheater too, since he lives in Minnesota which is also a green state.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Green is better than brown. Granted that unlicensed OC or constitutional carry would be far superior.

I guess John Pierce, the owner of the forum, is a cheater too, since he lives in Minnesota which is also a green state.

Not sure how where one lives determines their personal integrity. This is solely about whether Florida will reenter the ranks of OC legal states and how.

Last edited:

ixtow

Founder's Club Member

Your conversation started out civilized, but now you're putting words in my mouth. Where one lives clearly and obviously is not the point. Sadly, one vote does NOT count.

Green is not a RIGHT to Carry. This is a fact.

I was referring to fighting for a privilege while pretending to be fighting for a right. Both of those concepts are fact as well.

3 facts.

Pretending that Green is a Right to claim an accomplishment that is not accomplished, is intellectual fraud. I was being nice when I called it 'cheating.' Now that you've pulled it twice, I'm not being nice anymore. We were having a perfectly reasonable and civilized conversation, why ruin it?

And on another note, I am wearing a Green shirt. O, the pearls of humor and irony that I'm casting/wasting...

Tactical Bacon!