Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NRA now supports Constitutional Carry!

NRA now supports Constitutional Carry!

I am glad they have joined the fight. Please contact them and tell them we expect their support for Constitutional Carry in Wisconsin.

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?ID=6095
    Jim Burgess
    NRA Lifetime

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    Huh, would you look at that!

I'm guessing though, that they'd like "shall issue" first as a framework for carry in other states; at least from how they chose their words. I'll be interested to see if anyone get's a reply from them about their actual plans in Wisconsin. If the 800lb gorilla pushes constitutional carry as well, we have a darn hard ticket to beat; even from people like Gunderson who seems to be strict "shall issue".
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Well, Kudos to the NRA.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

If the NRA would come out and say that is what they want from the legislature and governor, it would be a HUGH unifier for Wisconsin gun owners. There is no need for compromise. All that needs to be said to compromisers is: "Enforce existing laws."
    Last edited by Flipper; 12-13-2010 at 03:38 PM.
    When in danger you can dial 911 and hope for the police to arrive a few minutes later armed with guns.
    Why do police carry guns?

The Joyce Foundation funded firearm control empire:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...lFundingR1.png

"Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Founder's Club Member springfield 1911's Avatar
    When i see the NRA walk the walk and lobby our Wi. legislators for constitutional carry I'll believe it, otherwise it's just talk the talk and nothing more.
    Last edited by springfield 1911; 12-13-2010 at 07:16 PM.

No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by springfield 1911 View Post
    When i see the NRA walk the walk and lobby our Wi. legislators for constitutional carry I'll believe it, otherwise it's just talk the talk and nothing more.
    +1000

If the NRA were as Anti Registration as they would like us to think we never would have had a permit system in the first place,and Constitutional Carry would be nothing new.
    Its my own thought they dropped the ball on this many years ago.

LR Yote
    *NOTE: No Longer under the tyranny of Milwaukee County.

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    - Frank Outlaw

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post

You may be right.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

I sure hope this comes to Wisconsin....Would really make winter easier.

Quote Originally Posted by kelevra View Post
    i sure hope this comes to wisconsin....would really make life easier.
    ftfy
    Last edited by protias; 12-13-2010 at 10:52 PM.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

McX
    nra supports constitutional carry...................about damn time!

Regular Member oliverclotheshoff's Avatar
    that picture hails from michigan its a little town and i have traveled through there when i was a kid
    SCOTT

"When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns"

"When seconds count police are minutes away"

"Dialing 911 only takes seconds but waiting for help may take the rest of your life"

http://g2-elite.com/phpbb/index.php Shed Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    nra supports constitutional carry...................about damn time!
    Yup....after all the criminals have been doin it for decades...if not than a century or more.
    Its been often said that "Criminals have more Rights than Victims"...so that makes Constitutional Carry just another circumstance that proves the point "Criminals have more Rights".

LR Yote
    Last edited by LR Yote 312; 12-14-2010 at 12:05 PM. Reason: Clarity
    *NOTE: No Longer under the tyranny of Milwaukee County.

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    - Frank Outlaw

Quote Originally Posted by springfield 1911 View Post
    I have to agree with that. They have always been more on the side of CC across the country but if they are serious about it good for them. Time will tell.
    Wisconsin Carry Member
    My Castle Doctrine Law

Don't wish ill upon your enemy......plan it.

Quote Originally Posted by oliverclotheshoff View Post
    that picture hails from michigan its a little town and i have traveled through there when i was a kid
    And most of the weddings in that town happen in the winter...when it's frozen over.
    Rand Paul 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Brass Magnet View Post
    Huh, would you look at that!

I'm guessing though, that they'd like "shall issue" first as a framework for carry in other states; at least from how they chose their words. I'll be interested to see if anyone get's a reply from them about their actual plans in Wisconsin. If the 800lb gorilla pushes constitutional carry as well, we have a darn hard ticket to beat; even from people like Gunderson who seems to be strict "shall issue".
    Wouldn't it be grand if you guys could get both Constitutional carry AND shall issue at the same time? that way, if you wanted to come to a state like MI, you could easily get your permit, but if you had no desire to carry out of state, you wouldn't need a permit.
    Rand Paul 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Yooper View Post
    Wouldn't it be grand if you guys could get both Constitutional carry AND shall issue at the same time? that way, if you wanted to come to a state like MI, you could easily get your permit, but if you had no desire to carry out of state, you wouldn't need a permit.
    With all do respect there Yooper:

Wouldn't it be GRAND if you guys in MI could get your legislature to accept non resident permits from MN, UT, FL, ect? OR BETTER YET, get MI to go to Constitutional carry? Wouldn't that solve the MI problem?

If we wanted to go down the have WI solve a MI problem, then WI should solve the CA, and NY problems also, right? How would we do that, with a VERY STRICT "may issue?" The reason WI residents cannot carry in MI has nothing to do with WI and everything to do with MI.

For those WI residents who want to carry in MI, or any other state, I would hope you would work for less restrictive carry in THOSE states instead of more restrictive carry in WI.

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    ^^^ It sure would be nice!

Then again, screw you guys and your Lions!
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    This will sound more terse in written form than I intend, however, I'd rather not have to hire sate employees and burden the folks of WI with permits just so I can overcome the shortcomings of another state.

Quote Originally Posted by Support The 2nd View Post
    With all do respect there Yooper:

Wouldn't it be GRAND if you guys in MI could get your legislature to accept non resident permits from MN, UT, FL, ect? OR BETTER YET, get MI to go to Constitutional carry? Wouldn't that solve the MI problem?

If we wanted to go down the have WI solve a MI problem, then WI should solve the CA, and NY problems also, right? How would we do that, with a VERY STRICT "may issue?" The reason WI residents cannot carry in MI has nothing to do with WI and everything to do with MI.

For those WI residents who want to carry in MI, or any other state, I would hope you would work for less restrictive carry in THOSE states instead of more restrictive carry in WI.
    It would be awesome if every state had Constitutional Carry. My post wasn't MI specific, but used as an example. Many states require permits from your home state in order to carry. Having a law like AZ and AK isn't more restrictive. It gives you the option of getting a permit if you want reciprocity with other states, and also gets rid of the federal GFSZA, and can get rid of the NICS check for gun purchases. Also, it would help eliminate a person from having to get several non-resident permits to carry outside of the state. NH has a non-resident permit that is cheap, and easy to get, but they don't recognize permits issued to people who live in a state that differs from where the permit is issued. Same with Florida (though theirs costs a ton). Wouldn't you rather give your money to your own state, rather than fork out a bunch of money across other states for the option to get a permit if you choose?
    Rand Paul 2016

It would be awesome if every state had Constitutional Carry. My post wasn't MI specific, but used as an example. Many states require permits from your home state in order to carry. Having a law like AZ and AK isn't more restrictive. It gives you the option of getting a permit if you want reciprocity with other states, and also gets rid of the federal GFSZA, and can get rid of the NICS check for gun purchases. Also, it would help eliminate a person from having to get several non-resident permits to carry outside of the state. NH has a non-resident permit that is cheap, and easy to get, but they don't recognize permits issued to people who live in a state that differs from where the permit is issued. Same with Florida (though theirs costs a ton). Wouldn't you rather give your money to your own state, rather than fork out a bunch of money across other states for the option to get a permit if you choose?
    27 states allow OC with no permit, so, the majority of the country you can defend yourself without any state oversight. Let's get the other 23 to tag along.

I hope that the NRA realizes they have an opportunity to stick a stake in the Joyce Foundation's attempt to bring Chicago style gun laws to Wisconsin. Maybe adoption of Constitution Carry will cause WAVE perform its mission of anti-violence education, not gun control.

NRA Life Benefactor Member
    Last edited by Flipper; 12-15-2010 at 03:19 PM.
    When in danger you can dial 911 and hope for the police to arrive a few minutes later armed with guns.
    Why do police carry guns?

The Joyce Foundation funded firearm control empire:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...lFundingR1.png

"Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Flipper View Post
    Maybe adoption of Constitution Carry will cause WAVE perform its mission of anti-violence education, not gun control.
    I will raise a glass to that. Then thier money will be used to accomplish good things.

From the email I received from Wi-Force today:

WI-FORCE's position has not changed: "Constitutional Carry" which, as it implies, is very close to the right as the Constitution guaranties, is the concept that we support.
    WCI...........Member

Quote Originally Posted by polekat View Post
    From the email I received from Wi-Force today:

WI-FORCE's position has not changed: "Constitutional Carry" which, as it implies, is very close to the right as the Constitution guaranties, is the concept that we support.
    Wow! Can you copy that email here?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast