• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NRA now supports Constitutional Carry!

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
Huh, would you look at that!

I'm guessing though, that they'd like "shall issue" first as a framework for carry in other states; at least from how they chose their words. I'll be interested to see if anyone get's a reply from them about their actual plans in Wisconsin. If the 800lb gorilla pushes constitutional carry as well, we have a darn hard ticket to beat; even from people like Gunderson who seems to be strict "shall issue".

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
If the NRA would come out and say that is what they want from the legislature and governor, it would be a HUGH unifier for Wisconsin gun owners. There is no need for compromise. All that needs to be said to compromisers is: "Enforce existing laws."

Last edited:

springfield 1911

Founder's Club Member
When i see the NRA walk the walk and lobby our Wi. legislators for constitutional carry I'll believe it, otherwise it's just talk the talk and nothing more.

Last edited:

protias

hell-michigan.JPG

LR Yote 312

When i see the NRA walk the walk and lobby our Wi. legislators for constitutional carry I'll believe it, otherwise it's just talk the talk and nothing more.

+1000

If the NRA were as Anti Registration as they would like us to think we never would have had a permit system in the first place,and Constitutional Carry would be nothing new.
Its my own thought they dropped the ball on this many years ago.

LR Yote

M

McX

nra supports constitutional carry...................about damn time!

LR Yote 312

nra supports constitutional carry...................about damn time!

Yup....after all the criminals have been doin it for decades...if not than a century or more.
Its been often said that "Criminals have more Rights than Victims"...so that makes Constitutional Carry just another circumstance that proves the point "Criminals have more Rights".

LR Yote

Last edited:

XDFDE45

I have to agree with that. They have always been more on the side of CC across the country but if they are serious about it good for them. Time will tell.

Yooper

Huh, would you look at that!

I'm guessing though, that they'd like "shall issue" first as a framework for carry in other states; at least from how they chose their words. I'll be interested to see if anyone get's a reply from them about their actual plans in Wisconsin. If the 800lb gorilla pushes constitutional carry as well, we have a darn hard ticket to beat; even from people like Gunderson who seems to be strict "shall issue".

Wouldn't it be grand if you guys could get both Constitutional carry AND shall issue at the same time? that way, if you wanted to come to a state like MI, you could easily get your permit, but if you had no desire to carry out of state, you wouldn't need a permit.

Support The 2nd

Wouldn't it be grand if you guys could get both Constitutional carry AND shall issue at the same time? that way, if you wanted to come to a state like MI, you could easily get your permit, but if you had no desire to carry out of state, you wouldn't need a permit.
With all do respect there Yooper:

Wouldn't it be GRAND if you guys in MI could get your legislature to accept non resident permits from MN, UT, FL, ect? OR BETTER YET, get MI to go to Constitutional carry? Wouldn't that solve the MI problem?

If we wanted to go down the have WI solve a MI problem, then WI should solve the CA, and NY problems also, right? How would we do that, with a VERY STRICT "may issue?" The reason WI residents cannot carry in MI has nothing to do with WI and everything to do with MI.

For those WI residents who want to carry in MI, or any other state, I would hope you would work for less restrictive carry in THOSE states instead of more restrictive carry in WI.

paul@paul-fisher.com

This will sound more terse in written form than I intend, however, I'd rather not have to hire sate employees and burden the folks of WI with permits just so I can overcome the shortcomings of another state.

Yooper

With all do respect there Yooper:

Wouldn't it be GRAND if you guys in MI could get your legislature to accept non resident permits from MN, UT, FL, ect? OR BETTER YET, get MI to go to Constitutional carry? Wouldn't that solve the MI problem?

If we wanted to go down the have WI solve a MI problem, then WI should solve the CA, and NY problems also, right? How would we do that, with a VERY STRICT "may issue?" The reason WI residents cannot carry in MI has nothing to do with WI and everything to do with MI.

For those WI residents who want to carry in MI, or any other state, I would hope you would work for less restrictive carry in THOSE states instead of more restrictive carry in WI.

It would be awesome if every state had Constitutional Carry. My post wasn't MI specific, but used as an example. Many states require permits from your home state in order to carry. Having a law like AZ and AK isn't more restrictive. It gives you the option of getting a permit if you want reciprocity with other states, and also gets rid of the federal GFSZA, and can get rid of the NICS check for gun purchases. Also, it would help eliminate a person from having to get several non-resident permits to carry outside of the state. NH has a non-resident permit that is cheap, and easy to get, but they don't recognize permits issued to people who live in a state that differs from where the permit is issued. Same with Florida (though theirs costs a ton). Wouldn't you rather give your money to your own state, rather than fork out a bunch of money across other states for the option to get a permit if you choose?