• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Alternative to voice recorders

Harry25

So, I've seen countless times that you should carry a voice recorder when you're OCing.

This is great, and I'm sure it's helped record, and catch unlawful acts by various individuals (and exonerate others).

There's one big problem I have with these, and that's if a LEO, or someone else really wants to ensure that their deed is covered, all they need to is confiscate the recorder, or get rid of it. So, I'd like to share something I came across a while back: freeconfrencecalling.com

It's simple to use. Just register, follow the instructions, and you're on your way. Most phones will allow you to pre-program pauses into a phone number, allowing you to program in the confrence codes right into the phone number, so it will do it automatically. Once you've done this, you just dial it up, and it will record through the phone, and store it on their site... safely out of reach of anyone who might try to cover something up.

Personally, I have it saved under an inconspicuous name, so if someone looks at the phone while it's recording, it looks like I was in the middle of a call, and forgot to hang up.

Hope this helps someone out,
-Harry

HeroHog

I bought this handy little device for recording anything and everything that may need recording for a whopping $11.00 INCLUDING shipping! It shows NO lights in video/audio record mode and will record up to about 2 hours on a charge. I am using an 8gb micro SD card in mine and have been VERY pleased with its performance.

140.jpg

since9

Campaign Veteran
I bought this handy little device for recording anything and everything that may need recording for a whopping $11.00 INCLUDING shipping! It shows NO lights in video/audio record mode and will record up to about 2 hours on a charge. I am using an 8gb micro SD card in mine and have been VERY pleased with its performance.

View attachment 4791

Cool! Unfortunately, I just purchased a voice-only recorder. However, it has some extra features as I use it with Dragon Naturally Speaking for writing.

Last edited: