• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Okay so I got some questions about open carrying?

elixin77

What if i'm carrying in the passenger seat of someones car, weapon on my right side. What to do if stopped buy a cop?

When I rode shotgun with Dreamer a few times, I would have my gun on my thigh, and my hand resting on it so it wouldn't move around. If something did happen, I'd immediately put it on the dash, and cross my arms. was fine traveling that way

Dreamer

If something did happen, I'd immediately put it on the dash, and cross my arms. was fine traveling that way

Yeah, but I drive like a paranoid grandpa, so the chances of anything happening are pretty slim... :p

The other answer to this dilemma is to just get your CHP. If you've got a permit, you can leave your firearm in the holster on your hip while driving--where it belongs...

hotrod08

Most times I keep the weapon between the seats with the butt sticking up.
When I was pulled over I just pulled it out and laid it on the dash as soon as I seen a LEO behind me.

I carry with a loaded mag and one in the pipe, Never had a problem with LE because one was in the chamber.

Last edited:

muccione

NC law says NOTHING about loaded or unloaded... I carry fully loaded and more... Your gun is useless if its not within EASY reach and ready to do its job...... A gun is only concealed to a LEO and no one else.... If you get the blue lights behind you... move it to a open spot... it should be so easy to retrieve that you shouldn't even move your upper body to get it... so the LEO wouldn't think anything was "fishy"..
I have my kids with me 90% of the time...16yo/8yo... Both know not to touch ANY gun... If they feel the need to touch or handle one... all they do is ask and I stop doing what ever it was I was doing and clear it..show them I cleared it... and they make sure its cleared.. then they can handle it...as a loaded weapon... I didn't gun proof my house... I gun proofed my kids....

Hope this helps
Keep reading
Knowledge is power

B

bgreene89

NC law says NOTHING about loaded or unloaded... I carry fully loaded and more... Your gun is useless if its not within EASY reach and ready to do its job...... A gun is only concealed to a LEO and no one else.... If you get the blue lights behind you... move it to a open spot... it should be so easy to retrieve that you shouldn't even move your upper body to get it... so the LEO wouldn't think anything was "fishy"..
I have my kids with me 90% of the time...16yo/8yo... Both know not to touch ANY gun... If they feel the need to touch or handle one... all they do is ask and I stop doing what ever it was I was doing and clear it..show them I cleared it... and they make sure its cleared.. then they can handle it...as a loaded weapon... I didn't gun proof my house... I gun proofed my kids....

Hope this helps
Keep reading
Knowledge is power

I totally agree with your statement and i back it 100 %
Thank you for your advise i just wanted to make sure that i could have it loaded and reachable and in plain sight before i made a huge mistake.

Thank You Everyone For Your Advise,
Blake