• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Were any of you at The Armory on Sunday, 12/12/2010?

FretlessMayhem

I stopped by The Armory to snatch up a Kimber Ultra Super Carry as they actually had one in stock. I spoke briefly with some other customers about various things (Bloomberg being a felon, amongst others). A man walked holding a baby. He looked EXTREMELY familiar to me, and I think I've seen his picture from one of the open carry dinners.

It those were any of you, nice to meet you in person!

And the Super Carry is an exquisite work of art.

ocholsteroc

I stopped by The Armory to snatch up a Kimber Ultra Super Carry as they actually had one in stock. I spoke briefly with some other customers about various things (Bloomberg being a felon, amongst others). A man walked holding a baby. He looked EXTREMELY familiar to me, and I think I've seen his picture from one of the open carry dinners.

It those were any of you, nice to meet you in person!

And the Super Carry is an exquisite work of art.

The man holding the baby did he work there, and had a back holsters and the gun is upside down?

FretlessMayhem

Don't think so

The man holding the baby did he work there, and had a back holsters and the gun is upside down?

I don't believe that man to have been an employee. He had a beautiful baby girl, and talked briefly about pink guns.

I'm going to try and see if I can find that picture. I was sure of it at the time, but didn't want to be socially awkward in case I was wrong.

nova

I'm going to try and see if I can find that picture. I was sure of it at the time, but didn't want to be socially awkward in case I was wrong.

"hey didn't I see a picture of you and your baby on the internet?"
:uhoh:

:lol::lol:

curtiswr

Wow... what?

Probably means a standard small of back holster:

067-2T.jpg

Last edited:

vt800c

067-2T.jpg

the yellow leather jeans scare me. More than any firearm would...

(what has been seen cannot be unseen.)

ODA 226

067-2T.jpg

the yellow leather jeans scare me. More than any firearm would...

(what has been seen cannot be unseen.)

That is one of the DUMBEST ways to carry a pistol that I've ever seen. (And I've seen quite a few dumb ways to carry a pistol!)

Last edited:

JoeSparky

Centurion
Yup, thats what I am talking about.

Those yellow jeans are creepy.

I do not like this type of holster, almost impossible to draw.

How about changing the last line to "almost impossible to draw WITHOUT MUZZLING either the carrier or someone else when bringing it to low ready!

Also, when openly carried as such one would need to almost be in a perpetual 360 degree swivel to be exercising good situational awareness to avoid the "infamous" gun grab!

Last edited:

Elkad

How about changing the last line to "almost impossible to draw WITHOUT MUZZLING either the carrier or someone else when bringing it to low ready!

Also, when openly carried as such one would need to almost be in a perpetual 360 degree swivel to be exercising good situational awareness to avoid the "infamous" gun grab!

I sure wouldn't use that for open carry. And don't grind it into your spine by falling on it. But as to muzzle-sweep, that's what trigger discipline, mechanical safeties, and the primary safety between your ears is for. Multiple safety rules means you can deliberately and carefully violate them one at a time.