• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

AMF Bowling Centers - No Firearms, No Exceptions

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
As a result of an incident at a local AMF Lanes where I was asked to disarm or leave while trying to have a nice afternoon bowling with my wife I found out yesterday that AMF corporate policy prohibits both employees and customers from carrying sidearms for protection. Fortunately I found a local place that had no issue with either me or my wife carrying our sidearms and was much less expensive. Take a look over at the link to the Virginia forum where I've talked about the incident and the result.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...rmed-Self-Family-Protection-Means-Not-Allowed!

If you go bowling, take a moment to let AMF Bowling know what you think of their policy. Here's a link to make it easy! :)

http://www.amf.com/corporate/inquiries/contact.amfx

since9

Campaign Veteran
Here's my letter, just sent:

As a retired member of the USAF, I spent more than 20 years serving my country, under an oath which read: "...protect and defend the Constitution of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic."

I risked my life for our Constitutional Freedsoms, including the right to keep and bear arms, as necessary to the security of a free state.

Because of your un-American firearms policies, I will no longer support your organization with my hard-earned income.

Fortunately, two other bowling alleys are here in town, and both of them fully respect our Constitutional rights and freedoms.