• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WAVE's Petition Inagration Gift to Republicans

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
WAVE's Inauguration Petition Gift to Republicans

WAVE knows that Wisconsin citizens will soon have greater freedom to exercise the consitutional right to carry firearms for protection. One of WAVE's strategies is to have the legislature take away locations where this freedom can exist.

WAVE is presently attempting to get names on this emotional petition:

Quote:

"A society that encourages its citizens to be armed is one that is choosing to shine a spotlight on the worst aspects of human nature - fear, distrust, hatred. That's not the kind of society I want for myself, my family or my friends.

Therefore, I am signing this petition as a show of my opposition to the state of Wisconsin allowing people to carry guns - openly or concealed - at banks, concert venues, daycare centers, grocery stores, parks, restaurants, sporting events, Summerfest or other festivals, taverns, and other public places. "

or btw: "to hell with the right to protect one's self" (Lennon's "Imagine" playing softly in background.)

http://org2.democracyinaction.org/o/5610/c/238/t/4911/p/dia/action/public/index.sjs?action_KEY=4751

They have set an "Action Alert" to other "save the world" organizations in an attempt to harvest signers.

http://marquettetribune.its.mu.edu/peacemaking/currentissuesandactionalerts.shtml

http://www.peaceactionwi.org/index.php

http://wnpj.org/node/4737

I suspect Ol' Jer is planning a media event at the Capitol as she presents this with wailing and cries the the old west will soon exist in Wisconsin, and that we must keep our childern safe. Whatever the age a person considered a child for gun control advocates is, which isn't what is commonly accepted.

http://www.tincher.to/deaths.htm

It would be nice to send Governor Walker, State Senator, and State Representative a congratutions card on their inauguation or re-inaugration, asking him or her if there is anything you can do to assist in the passage of Constitutional Carry.

Last edited:

XDFDE45

I read that. So it really boils down to "We don't want them to be able to carry guns ANYWHERE." The more things change, the more they stay the same.

1FASTC4

Pssst. WAVE, in the Wild West of Arizona, the murder rate went DOWN when more people started CCW'ing and constitutional carry was introduced.

Kelevra

We may intellectually comprehend that what you say is true 1FASTC4 and it is a really great point, but if we do not make a lot of noise to counter the roar from WAVE, it may be a moot point. The squeaky wheel gets the oil... We have got to make some noise and let our legislators know that we know the truth. They need to know the truth from those who voted them in and the consequences of not listening. If all they hear is the emotional bleating of this WAVE Org. with just a few uncommitted comments from the gun crowd, who do you think they will listen to? JMHO

rcav8r

WAVE is presently attempting to get names on this emotional petition:

Quote:

"A society that encourages its citizens to be armed is one that is choosing to shine a spotlight on the worst aspects of human nature - fear, distrust, hatred. That's not the kind of society I want for myself, my family or my friends.

Irony. Thats exactly what WAVE is trying to generate-fear, distrust, hatred.

Touchdown

Pssst. WAVE, in the Wild West of Arizona, the murder rate went DOWN when more people started CCW'ing and constitutional carry was introduced.

And by the way, WAVE, violent crime has gone down in the U.S. for the last several years, in spite or record numbers of gun and ammunition sales, and increases in CCW permit holders.
And, oh yeah, violent crime has gone down EVERYWHERE CCW has been allowed.

M

McX

And by the way, WAVE, violent crime has gone down in the U.S. for the last several years, in spite or record numbers of gun and ammunition sales, and increases in CCW permit holders.
And, oh yeah, violent crime has gone down EVERYWHERE CCW has been allowed.

the one that is down to the touch speaketh the truth!