Thread: iPhone snitch app.

iPhone snitch app.

http://www.infowars.com/iphone-snitch-network-launched/

Now smartphone users can conveniently inform on their fellow citizens.

Bronson
    Last edited by Bronson; 12-14-2010 at 05:12 PM.
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    http://www.infowars.com/iphone-snitch-network-launched/

Now smartphone users can conviently inform on their fellow citizens.

Bronson
    Great...
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Banned
    The comments are pretty good though, the people are right, those with these phones need to use it to turn the tables.

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar
    patriot app? that's a good one.
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

I call fake!

There was a nearly identical app that was geared for children. It was fake, even though it was a real app. Very Orwellian.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? (who will watch the watchmen?)

I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of posts should be construed as legal advice.

take pictures of cops and send them in as "i saw someone with a gun in PUBLIC!!!"
    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. Declaration of Independence July 4, 1776

Michigan Concealed Pistol Instructor. Cost 80.00 With advanced techniques included free. PM for more information!

Banned
    Its a sad state or State, when we are the ones that feel targeted by these things.

Last edited by stainless1911; 12-14-2010 at 08:07 PM.

well this idea worked pretty well for the SS and nazi's,,,,
    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. Declaration of Independence July 4, 1776

Michigan Concealed Pistol Instructor. Cost 80.00 With advanced techniques included free. PM for more information!

Im gonna call fake on this as well. There is a droid app that lets you do "background checks" of people by simply placing their finger on the screen and the phone will take a fingerprint. The joke is that you put all of their information in before having them scan their finger, then add a bunch of fake crimes that they committed. Good party gag, but fake.

I think its a good idea. Whats so bad about a help LEOs app. I would like to see people reporting crimes and possibly putting more criminals behind bars, or at least off the streets for a night.

And if its used to harass OC people, so what! Nothing LEOs can do against you anyways its legal. This could fast track OC awareness.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy05 View Post
    I think its a good idea. Whats so bad about a help LEOs app. I would like to see people reporting crimes and possibly putting more criminals behind bars, or at least off the streets for a night.

And if its used to harass OC people, so what! Nothing LEOs can do against you anyways its legal. This could fast track OC awareness.
    Because its way way too much like Nazi Germany, and their informant programs. We are a nation who doesn't learn well from History.

I would say lets use it. Use it and its network until it overloads.

Lets report every proper lane change, speed limit follower, law abiding citizen we can for doing absolutely nothing wrong. When the system crashes with no legal benefit maybe just maybe somebody might wise up and pull the plug on the boondockle.

I know wishful thinking right.

Radioman

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Spoken, dare I say, like a Federal Agent

Look beyond the so called intended use. Sure it's good if just criminals are contacted, but do you not see some of the abuses that will take place? If it's real of course.
    Last edited by Venator; 12-15-2010 at 01:03 PM.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

It's like the Salem witch trials. If I accuse you of being a witch then I must not be a witch myself.

My big concern is the nebulous "Suspicious Activity." Just what and who is suspicious? How is it determined?

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post
    Spoken, dare I say, like a Federal Agent

Look beyond the so called intended use. Sure it's good if just criminals are contacted, but do you not see some of the abuses that will take place? If it's real of course.
    When it comes down to it, only criminals will get in trouble.

I may be overlooking the potential abuses, but all I see so far is people using it to report on OC, but nothing would happen from that so who cares!

I may be overlooking the potential abuses, but all I see so far is people using it to report on OC, but nothing would happen from that so who cares!
    The OCers time would be wasted. Police effort would be wasted.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Quote Originally Posted by TheQ View Post
    The OCers time would be wasted. Police effort would be wasted.
    Yeah, but this would fast track acceptance! Eventually LEOs would be like not this crap again! I mean thats the goal right? Get people to quit calling and LEOs to stop harassing.

At least in my opinion

Banned
    That is a good point.

Ever heard of the boy who cried wolf? I am afraid that things like this might lead to harm.

The picture they show has buttons for "government waste" and "crime report".
    An OCer being detained is gov't waste, and when being illegally detained is a crime.
    And how about those TSA agents groping little kids?

But I agree, the concept is scary, and people who would use it against fellow citizens are even scarier.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

I'm not talking about OCers. Read some history, read 1984 and then think about it some more. It's just the beginning of something bad.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Well ill download the app. When I get harassed for Gov waste, Ill use the App to report Gov waste! haha. Its a vicious cycle!