• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

iPhone snitch app.

stainless1911

Banned
Its a sad state or State, when we are the ones that feel targeted by these things.

Amerika.jpg

Last edited:

Tucker6900

Im gonna call fake on this as well. There is a droid app that lets you do "background checks" of people by simply placing their finger on the screen and the phone will take a fingerprint. The joke is that you put all of their information in before having them scan their finger, then add a bunch of fake crimes that they committed. Good party gag, but fake.

jeremy05

I think its a good idea. Whats so bad about a help LEOs app. I would like to see people reporting crimes and possibly putting more criminals behind bars, or at least off the streets for a night.

And if its used to harass OC people, so what! Nothing LEOs can do against you anyways its legal. This could fast track OC awareness.

stainless1911

Banned
I think its a good idea. Whats so bad about a help LEOs app. I would like to see people reporting crimes and possibly putting more criminals behind bars, or at least off the streets for a night.

And if its used to harass OC people, so what! Nothing LEOs can do against you anyways its legal. This could fast track OC awareness.

Because its way way too much like Nazi Germany, and their informant programs. We are a nation who doesn't learn well from History.

Radioman

I would say lets use it. Use it and its network until it overloads.

Lets report every proper lane change, speed limit follower, law abiding citizen we can for doing absolutely nothing wrong. When the system crashes with no legal benefit maybe just maybe somebody might wise up and pull the plug on the boondockle. :banghead:

I know wishful thinking right.

Radioman

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter

Spoken, dare I say, like a Federal Agent:uhoh:

Look beyond the so called intended use. Sure it's good if just criminals are contacted, but do you not see some of the abuses that will take place? If it's real of course.

Last edited:

Bronson

It's like the Salem witch trials. If I accuse you of being a witch then I must not be a witch myself.

My big concern is the nebulous "Suspicious Activity." Just what and who is suspicious? How is it determined?

Bronson

jeremy05

Spoken, dare I say, like a Federal Agent:uhoh:

Look beyond the so called intended use. Sure it's good if just criminals are contacted, but do you not see some of the abuses that will take place? If it's real of course.

When it comes down to it, only criminals will get in trouble.

I may be overlooking the potential abuses, but all I see so far is people using it to report on OC, but nothing would happen from that so who cares!

TheQ

I may be overlooking the potential abuses, but all I see so far is people using it to report on OC, but nothing would happen from that so who cares!

The OCers time would be wasted. Police effort would be wasted.

jeremy05

The OCers time would be wasted. Police effort would be wasted.

Yeah, but this would fast track acceptance! Eventually LEOs would be like not this crap again! I mean thats the goal right? Get people to quit calling and LEOs to stop harassing.

At least in my opinion

MKEgal

The picture they show has buttons for "government waste" and "crime report".
An OCer being detained is gov't waste, and when being illegally detained is a crime.
And how about those TSA agents groping little kids?

But I agree, the concept is scary, and people who would use it against fellow citizens are even scarier.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter

I'm not talking about OCers. Read some history, read 1984 and then think about it some more. It's just the beginning of something bad.