Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do not patronize On Duty Gear Port Huron

Do not patronize On Duty Gear Port Huron

Here is a letter received from On Duty Gear in Port Huron when I questioned them banning non-LEOs from carrying in their store.

Thank you for your email in reference to your concern for our No Firearms Sign.

We formed this business to serve those who serve and protect us, but we have certainly enjoyed meeting individuals from the private sector and assisting them with finding a quality holster that suits their needs.

Unfortunately, we do not know who has actually been trained with the weapon they carry, or if they are simply carrying "because they can". We have had more than one incident here where "lawfully carrying" individuals have pulled their gun out of their pants/coat or holster and laid it on the counter pointed at my personnel. When a private citizen, exercising their 2nd Amendment freedom, uses bad judgment it also makes all of you look bad. We do not need to see your gun in order to order your holster. Further, if private citizens feel the need to carry their weapon in our store for their protection, we choose our right to refuse service.

While it is unfortunate that we could not come to an amicable solution, I appreciate you contacting us to voice your concern. If you could please pass along to your membership, I would be grateful.

Best Regards,

Paul S. Riddell
    President
    On Duty Gear, LLC
    www.ondutygear.com
    888-880-4441 Toll Free
    810-966-3445 Direct

"We formed this business to serve those who serve and protect us..."

Bwahahahahaha. First of all, I protect myself, thanks very much.

It's hard for me to see what those who carry government-issued weapons do (whether domestically or abroad) has to do with protecting my person, my rights, or my property. But leaving that aside, and for what it's worth, I wouldn't spend a dime with any establishment that perpetuates this false distinction we are now supposed to recognize, between "those who serve" and us mere "civilians," in their statement-of-purpose.

I think I'll pass on the total state.
    Last edited by ManInBlack; 12-14-2010 at 06:00 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ManInBlack View Post
    "We formed this business to serve those who serve and protect us..."

Bwahahahahaha. First of all, I protect myself, thanks very much.

It's hard for me to see what those who carry government-issued weapons do (whether domestically or abroad) has to do with protecting my person, my rights, or my property. But leaving that aside, and for what it's worth, I wouldn't spend a dime with any establishment that perpetuates this false distinction we are now supposed to recognize, between "those who serve" and us mere "civilians," in their statement-of-purpose.

I think I'll pass on the total state.
    yeah **** that noise

we choose our right to refuse service.
    Duly noted.

I should be in P.H. after Christmas, I'll try to stop in and let them know why I'm not spending any money in their store. Maybe I'll even buy something at THS and take it over to On Duty and tell them why I didn't buy it from them.

Where is their store located?

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. Thomas Paine

I am going to call him a LIAR! He implies that too often open carry people just walk in and draw guns pointing them at his employees. This is a clear attempt to smear citizens and promote a title of Nobility towards Government employees in hopes he can curry favor with the oppressive despots in power and line his pockets with tax payer monies. If he doesn't like the taxpayer he shouldn't get any of their money via Law Enforcement sales. All dept's have a spending allowance for gear, and it comes from the Taxpayer he just insulted in that piece of trash he wrote. I wish I lived closer I would picket that sh*t hole and let the community know what he really thinks of them and their constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by sprinklerguy28 View Post
    Here is a letter received from On Duty Gear in Port Huron when I questioned them banning non-LEOs from carrying in their store.

Thank you for your email in reference to your concern for our No Firearms Sign.

We formed this business to serve those who serve and protect us, but we have certainly enjoyed meeting individuals from the private sector and assisting them with finding a quality holster that suits their needs.

Unfortunately, we do not know who has actually been trained with the weapon they carry, or if they are simply carrying "because they can". We have had more than one incident here where "lawfully carrying" individuals have pulled their gun out of their pants/coat or holster and laid it on the counter pointed at my personnel. When a private citizen, exercising their 2nd Amendment freedom, uses bad judgment it also makes all of you look bad. We do not need to see your gun in order to order your holster. Further, if private citizens feel the need to carry their weapon in our store for their protection, we choose our right to refuse service.

While it is unfortunate that we could not come to an amicable solution, I appreciate you contacting us to voice your concern. If you could please pass along to your membership, I would be grateful.

Best Regards,

Paul S. Riddell
    President
    On Duty Gear, LLC
    www.ondutygear.com
    888-880-4441 Toll Free
    810-966-3445 Direct
    Exo 22:2 "If anyone catches a thief breaking in and hits him so that he dies, he is not guilty of murder.
    Luke 22:36: "Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luk 11:21 "When a strong man, with all his weapons ready, guards his own house, all his belongings are safe.

The address is on the web page that was provided.

http://www.ondutygear.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    I should be in P.H. after Christmas, I'll try to stop in and let them know why I'm not spending any money in their store. Maybe I'll even buy something at THS and take it over to On Duty and tell them why I didn't buy it from them.

Where is their store located?

Bronson
    Exo 22:2 "If anyone catches a thief breaking in and hits him so that he dies, he is not guilty of murder.
    Luke 22:36: "Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luk 11:21 "When a strong man, with all his weapons ready, guards his own house, all his belongings are safe.

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar
    not surprisingly, his website features a picture of a cruiser belonging to the jack-booted thugs from marysville.
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

" pass this on to your membership" pretty much says it all! no lawful gun owners welcome!
    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. Declaration of Independence July 4, 1776

Michigan Concealed Pistol Instructor. Cost 80.00 With advanced techniques included free. PM for more information!

:"When a private citizen, exercising their 2nd Amendment freedom, uses bad judgment it also makes all of you look bad. We do not need to see your gun in order to order your holster. Further, if private citizens feel the need to carry their weapon in our store for their protection, we choose our right to refuse service."

I would be curious if Mr. Riddell would agree with the statement "If one cop violiates my rights it makes all cops look bad." I for one dont think that all cops are bad. just like the rest of society, in an group you have people that make bad decisions. what I find lacking in his response is a statement that he was robbed or assulted by the "private citizens." I have witness police that are "trained " to hand weapons do it in an unsafe manor. The impression that I get when I look at the website is that he is upset that he can no longer be a LEO. Mr. Riddell from my psycological profile is suffering from The Thin Blue Line Syndrome or TBLS. This is a condition when police typically place themself and there co workers above the rest of society. some do it arrogantly and some unknowingly. It is a kind of "us" against the world thing. they say this to each other and begin to beleive it. The sadness lies in the fact that this could be farther from the truth. Us "private citizens" help police solve crimes all the time. Those of us that choose to defend ourselfs need considerably less "protection" than others. WE are probably LEO's best allies,especially when thing get tough. I am also curious how Mr Riddell would feel if businesses stopped serving police unless they leave ther guns outside because a few of them have made some bad decisions. I can only imagine what our country would look like if LEO's and Constitutional law citizens were on the same side. From my perspective let look at it like this. Draw a 1 inch circle and color it black. this represents "bad." Put the thin blue line around it. Then around that a 12 foot circle. This represents us " oc/cc gun nuts ." With this image in your mind I will openly ask any LEO/LEA why try to fight outward?? Why not focus your energy inward??? for those of you that respect us and our constitutional rights be assured that "We Got your back."

I won't look at my holster and mag pouch the same way ever again. I'm pissed I gave that anti-2A loser my hard earned money. Too bad he doesn't have the stones to post his anti-2A policy on his website.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailenforcer View Post
    I am going to call him a LIAR! He implies that too often open carry people just walk in and draw guns pointing them at his employees. This is a clear attempt to smear citizens and promote a title of Nobility towards Government employees in hopes he can curry favor with the oppressive despots in power and line his pockets with tax payer monies. If he doesn't like the taxpayer he shouldn't get any of their money via Law Enforcement sales. All dept's have a spending allowance for gear, and it comes from the Taxpayer he just insulted in that piece of trash he wrote. I wish I lived closer I would picket that sh*t hole and let the community know what he really thinks of them and their constitution.
    he wasn't just insulting OC'ers but ALL LAWFULL GUN OWNERS!
    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. Declaration of Independence July 4, 1776

Michigan Concealed Pistol Instructor. Cost 80.00 With advanced techniques included free. PM for more information!

Please add the company to http://www.friendorfoe.us/ its an amazing tool to spread the word of friend of the 2nd Amendment.

Well I should have known, the place is owned by cops. "Cops protecting cops" is the site motto. Now we known why he acts like a Jack Booted thug.

http://www.ondutygear.com/

Quote Originally Posted by smellslikemichigan View Post
    not surprisingly, his website features a picture of a cruiser belonging to the jack-booted thugs from marysville.

Email sent.

They supply the largest street gang in America and they don't want you on their turf.
    Someone who can't be trusted to walk free in public with a firearm shouldn't be walking around free.

Quote Originally Posted by scot623 View Post
    I won't look at my holster and mag pouch the same way ever again. I'm pissed I gave that anti-2A loser my hard earned money. Too bad he doesn't have the stones to post his anti-2A policy on his website.
    http://www.google.com/sidewiki

Enjoy!
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

You could always take them back in and ask him about his return policy.

After all, since he believes we civilian gun owers are so inept, I'm sure he'd be happy if all the civilians who have ever bought anything from him simply got their money back instead of inexpertly using his goods, right?

I'd send him an email explaining that you'll be using a printout of his prices to haggle a better deal elsewhere. Also, remind him that he should veil his contempt for the unwashed masses better.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TheQ View Post

just installed and enjoyed thoroughly

Thanks Q
    Last edited by Beerme; 12-15-2010 at 10:15 AM.

There's a good chance the idiot watches this site, so watch what we say, with his twisted mindset if his business suddenly grinds to a halt he wouldn't be smart enough to figure out why.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesIan View Post
    I'd send him an email explaining that you'll be using a printout of his prices to haggle a better deal elsewhere. Also, remind him that he should veil his contempt for the unwashed masses better.

Apparently hes part of that street gang. I made a few telephone calls to officers I know who have been there and they won't be giving him any more business. He is oblivious that some Police Officers despise his type of anti Constitutional mindset.

Quote Originally Posted by MarineSgt View Post
    They supply the largest street gang in America and they don't want you on their turf.
    Last edited by Bailenforcer; 12-15-2010 at 10:27 AM.

email posted on their site using sidewiki. hopefully it will shed some light on their mindset. I find the following sentence from his email quite revealing...

"When a private citizen, exercising their 2nd Amendment freedom, uses bad judgment it also makes all of you look bad."

It makes all of YOU look bad? Guess he doesn't think of himself or any LEO as a private citizen. Must be nice feeling so superior.

If the store is in a area with people who don't know how to handle guns, can you blame him! Hell just from working at a gun store I can tell you from personal experience

THE GENERAL PUBLIC DO NOT OBEY BASIC GUN SAFETY RULES!

I don't know how many times a guy would bring a gun off the range because of a jam or whatever and set it on the counter pointing right at me!

I'm guessing this place got sick of a similar situation.

You could try filing a law suit against the business under the Public Accommodations act. It says something like if a business is open to the public that the business cannot discriminate against any individual. I would guess this would extend to the 2nd amendment, but of course this hasn't been tested so there is nothing on books until it happens.

Thumbs up

It makes all of YOU look bad? Guess he doesn't think of himself or any LEO as a private citizen. Must be nice feeling so superior.
    A proud member of the tax-consuming caste looks down upon us mere revenue-producing serfs...may we be grateful that he deigned to respond at all!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast