• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Do not patronize On Duty Gear Port Huron

Bailenforcer

There's a good chance the idiot watches this site, so watch what we say, with his twisted mindset if his business suddenly grinds to a halt he wouldn't be smart enough to figure out why.

I'd send him an email explaining that you'll be using a printout of his prices to haggle a better deal elsewhere. Also, remind him that he should veil his contempt for the unwashed masses better.

Bailenforcer

Apparently hes part of that street gang. I made a few telephone calls to officers I know who have been there and they won't be giving him any more business. He is oblivious that some Police Officers despise his type of anti Constitutional mindset.

They supply the largest street gang in America and they don't want you on their turf.

Last edited:

scot623

email posted on their site using sidewiki. hopefully it will shed some light on their mindset. I find the following sentence from his email quite revealing...

"When a private citizen, exercising their 2nd Amendment freedom, uses bad judgment it also makes all of you look bad."

It makes all of YOU look bad? Guess he doesn't think of himself or any LEO as a private citizen. Must be nice feeling so superior.

jeremy05

If the store is in a area with people who don't know how to handle guns, can you blame him! Hell just from working at a gun store I can tell you from personal experience

THE GENERAL PUBLIC DO NOT OBEY BASIC GUN SAFETY RULES!

I don't know how many times a guy would bring a gun off the range because of a jam or whatever and set it on the counter pointing right at me!

I'm guessing this place got sick of a similar situation.

You could try filing a law suit against the business under the Public Accommodations act. It says something like if a business is open to the public that the business cannot discriminate against any individual. I would guess this would extend to the 2nd amendment, but of course this hasn't been tested so there is nothing on books until it happens.

ManInBlack

It makes all of YOU look bad? Guess he doesn't think of himself or any LEO as a private citizen. Must be nice feeling so superior.

A proud member of the tax-consuming caste looks down upon us mere revenue-producing serfs...may we be grateful that he deigned to respond at all!

Beerme

Banned
If the store is in a area with people who don't know how to handle guns, can you blame him! Hell just from working at a gun store I can tell you from personal experience

I don't know how many times a guy would bring a gun off the range because of a jam or whatever and set it on the counter pointing right at me!

You could try filing a law suit against the business under the Public Accommodations act. It says something like if a business is open to the public that the business cannot discriminate against any individual. I would guess this would extend to the 2nd amendment, but of course this hasn't been tested so there is nothing on books until it happens.

then why not go with the popular rule of all firearms must be either holstered or in a case?

that is the rule at our gunshop
he is just and ******* on a powertrip

Last edited:

scot623

Just because a member of the general public puts a badge on, he doesn't magically start following gun safety rules. There are plenty of cases of LEO's shooting themselves or other LEO's. I'm quite sure his no firearms policy does not extend to those with a badge.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
From their website.

Welcome to On Duty Gear, LLC!

Message from Paul Riddell (President):

I retired from Port Huron Police Dept. in Michigan effective January 1, 2006 after a Duty-related auto accident. Retirement was difficult for me, especially since I had to leave Police Work before I was ready. On Duty Gear, LLC had already been in existence via our website for 7 years, so my wife Cissy (whom is the owner of On Duty Gear, LLC) and I decided to open up a retail store in downtown Port Huron to serve those with whom I had worked and those I had come to know.

Besides; I was amazed at the mis-information that was being given to my police family by those that had never used their own gear in an actual street environment. I felt I now had a duty to dispel the myths about police equipment, both old and new. My life is now dedicated to product testing and evaluations, research and more research, so I can give factual opinions about the equipment we sell. If it doesn't work, or if we believe that it will not work when you need it most, we won't sell it, period.

We built our company on the same foundation that is the cornerstone of the Military, Law Enforcement, Fire & EMS Industries we serve; Honesty, integrity and bound by Honor. We are driven by top-notch customer service. Our belief is that nobody is too big nor too small to receive the utmost respect and attention from us, from offering honest advice about a product when asked to following up after the sale.

We are excited to say that we have experienced both unexpected and unprecedented growth. We have salespersons spread throughout the State of Michigan, all of them Law Enforcement Retired or Active Duty, and have plans to add more Nationally as we grow. We are also now testing and evaluating products that will carry our brand, and they are being molded by Law Enforcement Officers so they will withstand the exacting standards you demand.

We offer training from top-notch instructors in the areas of Standardized Field Sobriety Testing w/Horizontal Gaze Nystagmus Certification, Basic and Advanced Traffic Stops, Patrol Rifle Certification, Off Duty Survival, and Surviving Deadly Force Encounters among others.

We thank you for your service to our communities and our Country, and you have our utmost respect for laying your life on the line each and every day.

Be Safe!
Ofcr. Paul S. Riddell (Ret.)
President
On Duty Gear, LLC

Our contact information & hours

Hours(Eastern Time):

Monday 9am-4pm
Tuesday 9am-4pm
Wednesday 9am-4pm
Thursday 9am-4pm
Friday 9am-4pm
Saturdays Closed
Sundays Closed

By email:

sales@ondutygear.com

By standard mail:

On Duty Gear, LLC
309 Huron Avenue
Port Huron, MI 48060

By phone:

888-880-4441 Toll Free
810-966-3445 Direct
810-966-3446 Fax

Bailenforcer

It is an attitude that they are all knowing and the unwashed masses need not to have equal footing IE rights. This is a growing and pervasive attitude in Law Enforcement today. It is the proverbial "us against them" attitude I have dealt with with law Enforcement. I have spent many years trying to educate that attitude out of Law Enforcement as they always seem to forget that before they were handed a badge they were in fact just one of the unwashed masses. They were not born into some Royal or privileged class, nor were they invited or begged into Law Enforcement as some consequence of them having some title of Nobility, all knowing spirit or transformation. It's a job, no more or less important than any other job. They need to read that Constitution they swore to uphold, as it mentions there are no privileged classes.

As far as the crap hole in Port Huron, I will keep telling everyone I know to boycott his dump. He is hostile to the concept of Freedom and equal rights for all American citizens, and should pay the price for his arrogance.

Just because a member of the general public puts a badge on, he doesn't magically start following gun safety rules. There are plenty of cases of LEO's shooting themselves or other LEO's. I'm quite sure his no firearms policy does not extend to those with a badge.

Last edited:

scot623

I posted the question "Are LEO's exempted from your stores "No Firearms" policy?" on On Duty Gear's facebook page. So, do they A. Answer the question B. Delete the question C. Delete the question and ban me from their page?

Feel free to ask your own questions or post you own statements. I'm sure they'll love it.

Bailenforcer

Are you joking?

I ran a specialty weapons shop dealing with Law Enforcement as over 90% of my business. I have had two almost kill me with accidental discharges, one from a 1911 and the other was a Detroit area Motor Cycle cop who loaded a magazine into a S&W model 3913 and fired is 1.5 inches from my head penetrating a wall next to me. Both incidents were LE and both times it was less than a foot from hitting me. Never have I had a citizen do that or even come close. So my experiences tells me that Law Enforcement is inept at best with firearms. Not to mention I have seen officers who at Macomb Indoor range (now closed) who cloud not hit a silhouette target at 25 feet!!! I had to teach both of them how to shoot so they could qualify. Also I have seen weapons so rusted we could get them open as the idiots never once cleaned the weapon in 10 years.

I could list a few more outrageous experiences with LE's but my main point is I do NOT judge 327 Million people by the acts of one or two, and if you do, then you have no reason to be in this forum as you have little or no concept on how rights work. There is a better way for him to handle this and he refuses to, based on his admitting a bias towards LE and not citizens. I don't buy the lie that he has had many incidences as he hints at in that tiny doughnut shop turned LE gear peddler in that small of a city.

jeremy05

Im not saying LEOs are better at gun safety, but have at least heard the rules.

Gun Shops are a Unique Zone. I believe they need more rules.

1. Leave your gun in its holster AT ALL TIMES, or be banned from the store. Obviously unless needed for self defense, but does that really need to be said? If you need to take your gun out of the holster, see store employee.

2. When Shooting on the range gun must be POINTED DOWN RANGE at all times! ( People seem to think that the mag is stuck to the gun and want to walk the gun all over just to load the mags. ) This is the most common broken rule. People walk their guns all over the place with loading them, just flagging everyone on the range!

I don't know anyone that would or should be upset by this.

jeremy05

Are you joking?

I ran a specialty weapons shop dealing with Law Enforcement as over 90% of my business. I have had two almost kill me with accidental discharges, one from a 1911 and the other was a Detroit area Motor Cycle cop who loaded a magazine into a S&W model 3913 and fired is 1.5 inches from my head penetrating a wall next to me. Both incidents were LE and both times it was less than a foot from hitting me. Never have I had a citizen do that or even come close. So my experiences tells me that Law Enforcement is inept at best with firearms. Not to mention I have seen officers who at Macomb Indoor range (now closed) who cloud not hit a silhouette target at 25 feet!!! I had to teach both of them how to shoot so they could qualify. Also I have seen weapons so rusted we could get them open as the idiots never once cleaned the weapon in 10 years.

I could list a few more outrageous experiences with LE's but my main point is I do NOT judge 327 Million people by the acts of one or two, and if you do, then you have no reason to be in this forum as you have little or no concept on how rights work. There is a better way for him to handle this and he refuses to, based on his admitting a bias towards LE and not citizens. I don't buy the lie that he has had many incidences as he hints at in that tiny doughnut shop turned LE gear peddler in that small of a city.

I never said LEOs are any better.

Bailenforcer

No you didn't but you were very precise in your condemnation of NON Law enforcement. It is pretty clear by your own words where you sit on this subject. Don't play the game of semantics with me, I didn't just fall off the turnip truck.

"THE GENERAL PUBLIC DO NOT OBEY BASIC GUN SAFETY RULES!" tells a lot about your attitude.

I never said LEOs are any better.

Last edited:

jeremy05

No you didn't but you were very precise in your condemnation of NON Law enforcement. It is pretty clear by your own words where you sit on this subject. Don't play the game of semantics with me, I didn't just fall off the turnip truck.

"THE GENERAL PUBLIC DO NOT OBEY BASIC GUN SAFETY RULES!" tells a lot about your attitude.

Well that is from working in a gun store for a couple years, so thats based on my experience.

I have found that your average citizen who shoots often, or goes to shooting events, hell people who are passionate about guns I personally have never had problems with and are the least likely to disregard the safety rules.

mark-in-texas

I've been shooting IDPA for about 15 yrs now. The only 2 times I've ever personally seen someone asked to leave and not come back were cops! And not just for the poor gun handeling but for the piss ant attitude when it was pointed out to them.