• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

For those worried about UN troops on American soil

M

McX

dropped this one in another thread; U.N. that stands for Unilaterally Nothing.....right?

zoom6zoom

Blue helmets stand out against our environment very well.

Yes, they do.
UN_helmet-small.jpg

since9

Campaign Veteran
2% of the US population is 6,140,131 people (as of 2010), your telling me the UN could handle 6 million heavily armed combatants that know their way around local terrain?

Absolutely not, and that doesn't begin to include the rest of us (all wars combined which comprise as many at Ten Times that number, none of whom (and I think I speak for at least 60%, if not 80% of them), who would defend our homeland to every last man, woman, and child.

The only difference over the last 473 years is that "our homeland" isn't Japan. It's the United States of America. We fought against insurmountable odds 200+ years ago, yet we prevailed. Ah, ha. If our country were attacked by UN ideology, does anyone on our entire globe of operations think for one stinking second that we would somehow succumb to UN Rule?

Yeah. Thought so.

I don't even know who the U.N. commander is these days, but it really doesn't matter, as our country's daily operations eclipse that of the U.N.'s by several hundred to one, economically.

On a more practical scale, what of it?

Perhaps on a more moral scale, What Of It?

Seriously, World People! We're not the bad guys, and if you think the US folks in Cuba are the "bad guys," then it's time you stop acting like 'bad guys' as you're way long past smelling like 'bad guys.'

I just saying... Game's up. You know; got it; let's press on.

CenTex

There's no need of an invasion by the U.N. Our own government is taking us down one bill at a time. It's the old story of a frog in water in a pan on the stove top. Our Founding Fathers would have revolted long ago.

since9

Campaign Veteran
There's no need of an invasion by the U.N. Our own government is taking us down one bill at a time. It's the old story of a frog in water in a pan on the stove top. Our Founding Fathers would have revolted long ago.

Yet if our current leaders have sold us up the river, in violation of the honor we've inherited from long ago, there's a time, then, there's a time, depending upon the frogs' tolerance for pain. Of course, our entire populace is "the frog." Fortunately, 83% of us...

DevinWKuska

Rodger that. All systems go for tactical retreat to Nevada state line.

I think I could let parts of VA go... but only if the blue hats promise to burn DC to the ground! Buts seriously.. WHo is afraid of the UN? they would lost to .5%of 1 state. They wont shoot back unless they are told they can! They are worse then the french in the Iraq conflict!

j4l

Good Lord, is this even still a concern for anyone?
1) The UN "troops" would be hard-pressed to organize a bake-sale,much less pose any threat here.
2) The "black helicopters" are usually TF-160 on training flights-when not deployed.
3)No we are not beaming mind-control signals to anyone's heads in this country.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Reminds me, back in the mid-90's when on biz in Detroit, had some local yokel try to tell me they saw a Russian tank at a NG armory....
-the tank was Iraqi,and a captured war-trophy on display in front of an Armored unit from the Desert Storm...
:banghead: :banghead:

Cavalryman

Campaign Veteran
The UN doesn't even have any troops. Troops have to be committed by member nations to whatever project is at hand. Does anyone think the leader of any nation in the world would actually be willing to commit his troops to an armed occupation of the United States? How many nations have armies that even belong on the same battlefield with ours? Five? And the soldiers from those nations have seen us fight and know what they would be facing. Even if our military would allow it to happen (doubtful), the millions of Americans with weapons and the hundreds of thousands of veterans to lead them would make it foolhardy in the extreme. Trust me, if the UN General Assembly ever asks for volunteers for that mission, the silence will be deafening.