• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

For those worried about UN troops on American soil

j4l

its_a_conspiracy1_Uber_Awesome_Randomness-s400x300-51761.jpg

Lol ^^ funny you post that. Shortly after my comment I saw this in the news today:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-causing-TV-presenters-brains-melt-down.html

SPRINGFIELDMAN-21

I dont think any of us actually think the UN can or would try a armed occupation of the United States. Its just a big joke. Altho i could be wrong just what i got out of it. And j4l i aggree people can be extreamly stupid. A russian tank at a NG armory :D WOW

Gunslinger

The UN "troops" would be hard-pressed to organize a bake-sale,much less pose any threat here.

Love it! My only thought is Mark 855, 5.56 NATO steel penetrator rounds. Welcome to Colorado--if they get past Arizona....Kalifornia? Acceptable casualties.

rscottie

Doubtful this could happen, but...

Many people never thought that Japan would attack us at Pearl Harbor.

Many people never thought Al Queda could pull off an attack like 9/11.

Any troops that would ever be put here would probably only occur after some internal strife or civil war where our government invites them as a last straw to save themselves. At that point many would have already been killed and battle lines drawn.

We are far more likely to have our own troops systematically attempt to disarm us like how it was done during Katrina.

The media will not report the story to the rest of the country fast enough for any sort of organization to resist. The media will further portray any resistance as being criminals or rogue militias.

The Doomsday Preppers have thought of everything except one thing. What happens if it is their own government coming after them?

Many of the Doomsday Preppers are not prepared for that. The ones that are would never appear on TV showing everyone their preparations. It is called OPSEC.

We should all prepare to defend ourselves from all enemies, foreign and domestic.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
Many people never thought that Japan would attack us at Pearl Harbor.

Many people never thought Al Queda could pull off an attack like 9/11.

Any troops that would ever be put here would probably only occur after some internal strife or civil war where our government invites them as a last straw to save themselves. At that point many would have already been killed and battle lines drawn.

We are far more likely to have our own troops systematically attempt to disarm us like how it was done during Katrina.

The media will not report the story to the rest of the country fast enough for any sort of organization to resist. The media will further portray any resistance as being criminals or rogue militias.

The Doomsday Preppers have thought of everything except one thing. What happens if it is their own government coming after them?

Many of the Doomsday Preppers are not prepared for that. The ones that are would never appear on TV showing everyone their preparations. It is called OPSEC.

We should all prepare to defend ourselves from all enemies, foreign and domestic.

I know of no instance where troops disarmed innocent people. I have read stories and seen a video of police doing so. One video was a cop from california tackling a frail little old lady for her .38 special in her own home. The reason there were cops in New Orleans from all over the country is because half the NO police force took their crown vics and their guns home. You can more than expect that in a nationwide calamity, more than half the troops and cops are going to take their gear, "retreat to the rear" and defend their families, friends and neighbors.

rscottie

I know of no instance where troops disarmed innocent people. I have read stories and seen a video of police doing so. One video was a cop from california tackling a frail little old lady for her .38 special in her own home. The reason there were cops in New Orleans from all over the country is because half the NO police force took their crown vics and their guns home. You can more than expect that in a nationwide calamity, more than half the troops and cops are going to take their gear, "retreat to the rear" and defend their families, friends and neighbors.

The "troops" I saw in the video, while not "troops" like you mean, were certainly dressed like troops and armed like troops.

They were wearing combat clothing and carrying fully automatic M16's and driving Hummers and other assorted military vehicles. I think the saying is, walks like a duck, talks like a duck...

Instead of nit picking my analogy, you could at least acknowledge that gun confiscation of law abiding citizens was occurring at the request of the authorities all over the place after Katrina.

My point being that the authorities that make the blanket disarmament orders will always find someone to do their bidding and then only after the action has occurred will anyone say that perhaps they should not have done so. At that point it is too little too late.

We cannot ever allow ourselves to be disarmed.

Last edited:

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
The "troops" I saw in the video, while not "troops" like you mean, were certainly dressed like troops and armed like troops.

They were wearing combat clothing and carrying fully automatic M16's and driving Hummers and other assorted military vehicles. I think the saying is, walks like a duck, talks like a duck...

HORSESCAT. They were not US TROOPS. I don't like the fact that police forces get geared up and assault people's homes as if they're entering Bin Laden's compound. I also don't like it when they die on the rare occassion they're outgunned. SWAT needs to be dramatically scaled back no doubt, but they're NOT troops.

Instead of nit picking my analogy, you could at least acknowledge that gun confiscation of law abiding citizens was occurring at the request of the authorities all over the place after Katrina.

You are the one nit picking, and I do believe I voiced my disgust that peole were disarmed during Katrina.

My point being that the authorities that make the blanket disarmament orders will always find someone to do their bidding and then only after the action has occurred will anyone say that perhaps they should not have done so. At that point it is too little too late.

It was the local authorities, backed by mindless democraps at the state level who did nothing to hold the local failures accountable. Ray Nagan should be in prison for gross neglegence at the very least. The authorities that made the disarmament orders had too search nationwide for pigs to help them in that endeavor. If anything good came from that, laws have been passed in many states that prevent future occurences.

We cannot ever allow ourselves to be disarmed.

That is 100% correct. I cannot fathom a scenario where US troops could be employed to conduct such an operation with any sort of reliability.

On second thought I can. In a scenario where idiot malcontents shoot at troops, they'll be neutralized quickly. So it's real simple, don't follow malcontents on suicide missions.

Last edited:

rscottie

That is 100% correct. I cannot fathom a scenario where US troops could be employed to conduct such an operation with any sort of reliability.

On second thought I can. In a scenario where idiot malcontents shoot at troops, they'll be neutralized quickly. So it's real simple, don't follow malcontents on suicide missions.

I think that you are arguing with my wording and not what I actually meant.

Here is what I said, "We are far more likely to have our own troops systematically attempt to disarm us like how it was done during Katrina."

I was talking about if we go in to Martial Law via some catastrophe, natural or Obama made, which leads Obama to order whoever he can get to listen to disarm the people.

The "how it was done during Katrina" part was really not talking about the "who" but the "how".

Sometimes my brain works faster than my typing fingers.

Beretta92FSLady

I can not fathom a quicker means to purge our country of the malignancy that is the UN, than to send in foriegn troops with blue helmets.

If I was a UN troop, the last thing I would want to do is touch down on American soil. Urban warfare never works out for the invading force; think Afghanistan, think Vietnam.

The day that happened, f*ck social issues, it is an American issue. But, since it won't happen...after the war is won, we can get back to the political B.S. that seems to get us all riled-up with one another.

Last edited:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
If I was a UN troop, the last thing I would want to do is touch down on American soil. Urban warfare never works out for the invading force; think Afghanistan, think Vietnam.

Not only would it get ugly in urban areas, it would get real f'in ugly out here in the sticks. Trust me on that.

I think we could disappear quite a few blue-helmets up here in the mountains. :eek: :lol:

GhostOfJefferson

The day that happened, f*ck social issues, it is an American issue. But, since it won't happen...after the war is won, we can get back to the political B.S. that seems to get us all riled-up with one another.

Oustanding comment, 100% agree. When we exit out of the debate club and into the war zone, I dont' care what your politics are, you're an American and I'm an American and we both fight the invader in 100% cooperation.

There's a reason the Japanese decided not to invade mainland America, and it wasn't our military. That whole "rifle behind every blade of grass" thing, you see.

The U.N. treads here at its own peril and only if it decides it no longer wishes to exist. I'm certain they realize this as well.

All that said, it would be great if the same zeal we have in not wanting other troops here on our soil, were applied when we were considering invading other nations in undeclared, unconstitutional "hit them first" conflicts that are mislabled "wars".

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
An Obama created catastrophe? Like what? Affordable health care? That monster!

Obama did that? Then why is it still so damn expensive?

I'll give you a hint: making an existing monopoly a mandatory monopoly doesn't force the product to be affordable.

A good start would be eliminating drug patents (or making their period very brief) and reforming malpractice law, as well as stricter contractual liability enforcement against insurance companies, and also reducing the barriers for entry into medical practice (i.e. take away the AMA's legal backing & effective monopoly).

Oh, wait. Obama's a corporatist-statist. Good luck with him taking our side.

Same goes to everyone the GOP fronts, too, I might add.

Last edited: