Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High Point OC meet up Jan 22nd

High Point OC meet up Jan 22nd

I was thinking we could meet up in HP in january maybe the 22th its a Saturday any ideas where in high point to meet maybe for lunch let me know some ideas

High Point, North Carolina, United States
    I'm down.

Let's avoid Panera Bread, We had one at Mcallister's not to long ago. There arnt that many place in the HP that are good to eat at with sidearms.

But i'd be willing to go to Mcallister's.

im down for the 22 its a day before my birthday

fat cats pork and beans on fairfield has good food and i have oc there a few times with no prob but they arent that busy usually

bump

No's:
    Applebees
    Moe's SW grill
    Longhorn
    Ham's
    Outback
    Liberty Steak and Brewery
    Mi Pueblo Mexican Restaurant
    Fire Sticks
    Logans
    La Hacienda
    O'Charley's
    Tripps
    Kabuto Japanese Steakhouse
    Rearn Thai Restraunt
    Elizabeth's Pizza
    Cici's Pizza
    *These either serve Alcohol or have negitive ratings on Friend or Foe

Avoid:
    IHOP has that sign that says "NO WEPAONS ALOWED EXCEPT LEOS OR STATE PERMIT HOLDERS" So The would probally ask us to CC

Possibles:
    Jersey Mike's Subs
    Carter Brothers Barbecue
    Starbucks
    Golden Wok
    Golden Corral Buffet & Grill
    Prissy Polly's Pig-Pickin BBQ

Anyone got anymore ideas?
    -----------------
    --SCOTT

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

"A government that is big enough to give you everything you need is beg enough to take everything you have, the course of history shows that as government incresses - liberty decreases."

LEGAL NOTICE: I am not a lawyer, no content in the above post should considered legal advice

Add Barbaritos to the "No" list. Great food, but they sell beer. Jersey Mike's on N. Main is a little iffy. I've been in there and they said OC was fine as long as they weren't busy. Could have just been that particular shift manager's opinion. The Jersey Mikes on S Main seems much better.

Sorry I missed the G'boro Stamey's lunch. I hope I can make this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Racer X View Post
    Yeah sorry you couldnt make it either, it was a blast

Any one else have idea from the list?
    -----------------
    --SCOTT

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

"A government that is big enough to give you everything you need is beg enough to take everything you have, the course of history shows that as government incresses - liberty decreases."

LEGAL NOTICE: I am not a lawyer, no content in the above post should considered legal advice

i like the Golden Corral kinda pricey but i dont mind it

Jersey Mike's on N. Main is a little iffy. I've been in there and they said OC was fine as long as they weren't busy.
    Might be a good place then, Make sure we go when its busy. Its one thing to turn down A customer becuase he/she is OC, its another to tell 10 people no, might be a good chance to educate but Im not a fan of Jersey mikes. (but if thats what we choo I'll be there)

Who else has ideas?

I like starbucks, We'd be protected by corporate:

Straight from the starbucks site:
    Mar 03, 2010
    Starbucks Position on Open Carry Gun Laws
    (updated March 16, 2010)

We recognize that there is significant and genuine passion surrounding the issue of open carry weapons laws. Advocacy groups from both sides of this issue have chosen to use Starbucks as a way to draw attention to their positions.

While we deeply respect the views of all our customers, Starbucks long-standing approach to this issue remains unchanged. We comply with local laws and statutes in all the communities we serve. That means we abide by the laws that permit open carry in 43 U.S. states. Where these laws donít exist, openly carrying weapons in our stores is prohibited. The political, policy and legal debates around these issues belong in the legislatures and courts, not in our stores.

At the same time, we have a security protocol for any threatening situation that might occur in our stores. Partners are trained to call law enforcement as situations arise. We will continuously review our procedures to ensure the highest safety guidelines are in place and we will continue to work closely with law enforcement.

We have examined this issue through the lens of partner (employee) and customer safety. Were we to adopt a policy different from local laws allowing open carry, we would be forced to require our partners to ask law abiding customers to leave our stores, putting our partners in an unfair and potentially unsafe position.

As the public debate continues, we are asking all interested parties to refrain from putting Starbucks or our partners into the middle of this divisive issue. As a company, we are extremely sensitive to the issue of gun violence in our society. Our Starbucks family knows all too well the dangers that exist when guns are used irresponsibly and illegally. Without minimizing this unfortunate reality, we believe that supporting local laws is the right way for us to ensure a safe environment for both partners and customers.

Starbucks Corporation
    Stacey Krum, 206-318-7100
    press@starbucks.com
    -----------------
    --SCOTT

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

haha you have missed a FEW meet ups lol.

i was tempted to text ya.

Add Barbaritos to the "No" list. Great food, but they sell beer. Jersey Mike's on N. Main is a little iffy. I've been in there and they said OC was fine as long as they weren't busy. Could have just been that particular shift manager's opinion. The Jersey Mikes on S Main seems much better.

I have NEVER seen the ho weapons sigh on ihop in HP i ate there maybe 3 tims in the last 2 months and had no problems

I haven't seen any such sign at the IHOP in Knightdale either.
    "They don't give a damn about any trumpet playing band
    It ain't what they call rock and roll
    And the Sultans...
    Yeah the Sultans, they play Creole"

OCDO Member
    NCGO Member

From the Friend or Foe Site:

IHOP Restaurant
    1101 Lanada Road, Greensboro, NC

Location Rating: +2
    Review Count: 1

Positive Experience - 8/2/2010
    I eat at this IHOP weekly. They have a sign posted that reads 'No Weapons Except Law Enforcement and State Permit Holders.' I can respect that. The way I read that is that they are not anti-gun, but they would prefer that folks keep their weapons concealed. Technically, I could push the issue and OC, since I have my CHP, but I figure if I did, they'd probably just change their sign to 'No weapons allowed'. So I keep my gun concealed when dining here.
    -----------------
    --SCOTT

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

I would have given it a neutral rating at best, personally.
    "They don't give a damn about any trumpet playing band
    It ain't what they call rock and roll
    And the Sultans...
    Yeah the Sultans, they play Creole"

OCDO Member
    NCGO Member

Quote Originally Posted by sultan62 View Post
    I would have given it a neutral rating at best, personally.
    That hit my mind just as soon as I read that post before reading yours... If they aren't 100% for OC then they don't deserve a 100% positive grade.
    "God, Guns, & Guts Made America, Lets Use All 3!!!"

I've eaten at most of the restaurants mentioned above in the "Possible" list and not had any problem. Carter Bros. has the better food over Prissy Polly's and I like the fact that they advertise their Christian beliefs right on their uniform shirts. Haven't had any problems with Jersey Mikes after eating there 3 times in the past month. Country Bar-B-Que there at Regency & 68 has good food and is OC Friendly. At Paladium theres Chick-Fil-A, Panera, McAllisters, Zaxby's - All OC Friendly. Just some thoughts.
    "God, Guns, & Guts Made America, Lets Use All 3!!!"

please no Panera

they DON'T care about OC, I had a spash in the back where the OWNER said "i dont like guns in my store...I can ask you to leave but im not going to, I'm not going to stop anyone from supporting the second amendment."

and my Girlfriend works there they see me with a gun a million times a week...

and Zaxbys food is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Preble View Post
    please no Panera
    I'll 2nd that
    -----------------
    --SCOTT

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Quote Originally Posted by Sc0tt View Post
    From the Friend or Foe Site:
    Thats Gboro IHOP (Off of wendover) As far as I know the last time I ate at the IHOP in Highpoint it wasnt posted..

Golden corral near the mall is cool with me so is the 22nd good for everyone its a Saturday say around 12

Quote Originally Posted by hydroxside View Post
    Golden corral near the mall is cool with me so is the 22nd good for everyone its a Saturday say around 12

Works fo' me

Ill put it in my calander but I wont know until the date gets closer. Does anyone have the adress of that Golden Coral
    -----------------
    --SCOTT

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Thumbs up

ok im down if everyone agrees?

Jan 22 12 o clock
    Golden Corral
    1080 Mall Loop Road
    High Point, NC 27262-7656
    (336) 884-1655

OK
    That sounds like a good plan. Looking forward to getting together with you cats again.
    A friend of mine is interisted also, if he can find the time.

You guys okay if I post this as an event on the meetup site?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast