• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

High Point OC meet up Jan 22nd

hydroxside

I was thinking we could meet up in HP in january maybe the 22th its a Saturday any ideas where in high point to meet maybe for lunch let me know some ideas

jeremy002

fat cats pork and beans on fairfield has good food and i have oc there a few times with no prob but they arent that busy usually

Sc0tt

No's:
Applebees
Moe's SW grill
Longhorn
Ham's
Outback
Liberty Steak and Brewery
Mi Pueblo Mexican Restaurant
Fire Sticks
Logans
La Hacienda
O'Charley's
Tripps
Kabuto Japanese Steakhouse
Rearn Thai Restraunt
Elizabeth's Pizza
Cici's Pizza
*These either serve Alcohol or have negitive ratings on Friend or Foe

Avoid:
IHOP has that sign that says "NO WEPAONS ALOWED EXCEPT LEOS OR STATE PERMIT HOLDERS" So The would probally ask us to CC

Possibles:
Jersey Mike's Subs
Carter Brothers Barbecue
Starbucks
Golden Wok
Golden Corral Buffet & Grill
Prissy Polly's Pig-Pickin BBQ

Anyone got anymore ideas?

Racer X

Add Barbaritos to the "No" list. Great food, but they sell beer. Jersey Mike's on N. Main is a little iffy. I've been in there and they said OC was fine as long as they weren't busy. Could have just been that particular shift manager's opinion. The Jersey Mikes on S Main seems much better.

Sorry I missed the G'boro Stamey's lunch. I hope I can make this one.

Sc0tt

Jersey Mike's on N. Main is a little iffy. I've been in there and they said OC was fine as long as they weren't busy.

Might be a good place then, Make sure we go when its busy. Its one thing to turn down A customer becuase he/she is OC, its another to tell 10 people no, might be a good chance to educate but Im not a fan of Jersey mikes. (but if thats what we choo I'll be there)

Who else has ideas?

I like starbucks, We'd be protected by corporate:

Straight from the starbucks site:
Mar 03, 2010
Starbucks Position on Open Carry Gun Laws
(updated March 16, 2010)

We recognize that there is significant and genuine passion surrounding the issue of open carry weapons laws. Advocacy groups from both sides of this issue have chosen to use Starbucks as a way to draw attention to their positions.

While we deeply respect the views of all our customers, Starbucks long-standing approach to this issue remains unchanged. We comply with local laws and statutes in all the communities we serve. That means we abide by the laws that permit open carry in 43 U.S. states. Where these laws don’t exist, openly carrying weapons in our stores is prohibited. The political, policy and legal debates around these issues belong in the legislatures and courts, not in our stores.

At the same time, we have a security protocol for any threatening situation that might occur in our stores. Partners are trained to call law enforcement as situations arise. We will continuously review our procedures to ensure the highest safety guidelines are in place and we will continue to work closely with law enforcement.

We have examined this issue through the lens of partner (employee) and customer safety. Were we to adopt a policy different from local laws allowing open carry, we would be forced to require our partners to ask law abiding customers to leave our stores, putting our partners in an unfair and potentially unsafe position.

As the public debate continues, we are asking all interested parties to refrain from putting Starbucks or our partners into the middle of this divisive issue. As a company, we are extremely sensitive to the issue of gun violence in our society. Our Starbucks family knows all too well the dangers that exist when guns are used irresponsibly and illegally. Without minimizing this unfortunate reality, we believe that supporting local laws is the right way for us to ensure a safe environment for both partners and customers.

Starbucks Corporation
Stacey Krum, 206-318-7100
press@starbucks.com

Preble

High Point, North Carolina, United States
haha you have missed a FEW meet ups lol.

i was tempted to text ya.

Add Barbaritos to the "No" list. Great food, but they sell beer. Jersey Mike's on N. Main is a little iffy. I've been in there and they said OC was fine as long as they weren't busy. Could have just been that particular shift manager's opinion. The Jersey Mikes on S Main seems much better.

Sorry I missed the G'boro Stamey's lunch. I hope I can make this one.

I have NEVER seen the ho weapons sigh on ihop in HP i ate there maybe 3 tims in the last 2 months and had no problems

Sc0tt

From the Friend or Foe Site:

IHOP Restaurant
1101 Lanada Road, Greensboro, NC

Location Rating: +2
Review Count: 1

Positive Experience - 8/2/2010
I eat at this IHOP weekly. They have a sign posted that reads 'No Weapons Except Law Enforcement and State Permit Holders.' I can respect that. The way I read that is that they are not anti-gun, but they would prefer that folks keep their weapons concealed. Technically, I could push the issue and OC, since I have my CHP, but I figure if I did, they'd probably just change their sign to 'No weapons allowed'. So I keep my gun concealed when dining here.

smlawrence

I've eaten at most of the restaurants mentioned above in the "Possible" list and not had any problem. Carter Bros. has the better food over Prissy Polly's and I like the fact that they advertise their Christian beliefs right on their uniform shirts. Haven't had any problems with Jersey Mikes after eating there 3 times in the past month. Country Bar-B-Que there at Regency & 68 has good food and is OC Friendly. At Paladium theres Chick-Fil-A, Panera, McAllisters, Zaxby's - All OC Friendly. Just some thoughts.

Preble

High Point, North Carolina, United States
please no Panera

they DON'T care about OC, I had a spash in the back where the OWNER said "i dont like guns in my store...I can ask you to leave but im not going to, I'm not going to stop anyone from supporting the second amendment."

and my Girlfriend works there they see me with a gun a million times a week...

and Zaxbys food is bad.