Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Open Carry Get Together With Our Veterans At Lizzy's Green Cafe Friday the 17th!

Thumbs up Open Carry Get Together With Our Veterans At Lizzy's Green Cafe Friday the 17th!

Yes folks we are doing it again! For those of you that missed it last Friday we are having another get together for another group of homeless Veterans. The cafe opens this Friday at 4 p.m. and closes at 10. I'm sure the "usual suspects" will be there (Thanks Guys N Gals!) and I hope to meet some new folks too.

If you have never been to Lizzy's you are missing a great experience! Lizzy, Adam and Elijah are great as are the staff! Everyone is always treated as family and the ambiance is amazing.

I should be there by 6 or so! Looking forward to this Friday!

Added: Lizzy has an Elvis impersonator for this Friday! If you missed the Frank Sinatra impersonator last Friday stop in for dinner this Friday and see/hear the Elvis impersonator!

Lizzy's Green Cafe
    3731 S Beaumont Ave
    Kansasville, WI 53139
    Last edited by rcawdor57; 12-14-2010 at 10:34 PM. Reason: Added comment.

I will be there.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by oak1971 View Post
    I will be there.
    Looking forward to seeing you! Oh, I forgot to post that this week Lizzy has an Elvis Impersonator for Friday night! Last week was Frank Sinatra impersonator, this week Elvis. Sweet!

It is going to be a great time!

Quote Originally Posted by rcawdor57 View Post
    Looking forward to seeing you! Oh, I forgot to post that this week Lizzy has an Elvis Impersonator for Friday night! Last week was Frank Sinatra impersonator, this week Elvis. Sweet!

It is going to be a great time!
    Is that Skinny Elvis of fat drug addict Elvis?

I'm still debating. If I do go, I'll be there early (like ~5 and stay until whenever), otherwise I will not be attending.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Mrs and I lookin forward to it.

She got something cleared with Lizzy and Marcy so these guys will be taking
    something along with them.

Should be a good time and We will see ya all there !!!

RCAWDOR, Will she need someone there early to help unload from the bus??

Last time it went pretty smooth,but as the night cooled down the p/lot did get a little slick
    in some places.

LR Yote
    Last edited by LR Yote 312; 12-15-2010 at 09:21 AM.
    *NOTE: No Longer under the tyranny of Milwaukee County.

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    - Frank Outlaw

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by LR Yote 312 View Post
    Mrs and I lookin forward to it.

She got something cleared with Lizzy and Marcy so these guys will be taking
    something along with them.

Should be a good time and We will see ya all there !!!

RCAWDOR, Will she need someone there early to help unload from the bus??

Last time it went pretty smooth,but as the night cooled down the p/lot did get a little slick
    in some places.

LR Yote
    Pat, I don't think they will need any help this time. These guys range in age from the low 20's to I believe 70's. Yes, I know....young and back from Afghanistan/Iraq and they have nothing. What a way to go after fighting for your life and country in a foreign land.

I spoke with Lizzy and she intends for the Vets to arrive by 4:30 and eat at 5. I don't know how long they can hang out but probably about the same amount of time as the last group...say 6:30??

Thanks Pat and Angel! Looking forward to seeing you two again! I have more to tell you guys as well as Frank and Steve but that will have to wait till Friday night.

See you then!

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    I'm still debating. If I do go, I'll be there early (like ~5 and stay until whenever), otherwise I will not be attending.

I know it is a heck of a drive for you Joe! If you can make it that would be great!

I'm in.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Pat, I don't think they will need any help this time. These guys range in age from the low 20's to I believe 70's. Yes, I know....young and back from Afghanistan/Iraq and they have nothing. What a way to go after fighting for your life and country in a foreign land.

I spoke with Lizzy and she intends for the Vets to arrive by 4:30 and eat at 5. I don't know how long they can hang out but probably about the same amount of time as the last group...say 6:30??

Thanks Pat and Angel! Looking forward to seeing you two again! I have more to tell you guys as well as Frank and Steve but that will have to wait till Friday night.

See you then!
    Thanks,...Yeah Mrs was on the phone back and forth with Lizzy to get a head count for the little project she is working on and I never thought to ask her

I just got an approval to reveal the nature of the project.

Mrs has a small home silk screen machine so she plans on printing up some T shirts...(I suggested long sleeve or thermal but with the limited funds it would cost more than we could swing)...she went with regular t shirts.

The conflicts from Vietnam to Iraq listed on the left upper shoulder and on the chest "Thank You for Your Service....(and then under neath that) We werent there but We Care.

Both Marcy and Lizzy went ga ga at the idea.....I think Mrs wants to take some pics again so we will swing in kinda early 4:30 or so and run till the end like we did last week.

ETA: Glad to see your gonna be there as well Handy.

LR Yote
    Last edited by LR Yote 312; 12-15-2010 at 09:50 PM.

- Frank Outlaw

Unfortunately I won't be making it out tomorrow today, I have to attend a funeral instead. I was looking forward to the great food and chating with you guys. I'll be at the next one or I'll drop by for breakfast before the next monthly meet.

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    I'm in.

Thanks Todd! We are definitely looking forward to seeing you again tonight. Oh, your "Avatar" is great! LOL!

I hope to be there around 6 or so. Steve is going to make this event and is riding with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason in WI View Post
    Unfortunately I won't be making it out tomorrow today, I have to attend a funeral instead. I was looking forward to the great food and chating with you guys. I'll be at the next one or I'll drop by for breakfast before the next monthly meet.

That is really sad...so close to Christmas. We will see you and Jenn at the next event or breakfast, coffee....etc....

Lightbulb

Thanks,...Yeah Mrs was on the phone back and forth with Lizzy to get a head count for the little project she is working on and I never thought to ask her

I just got an approval to reveal the nature of the project.

Mrs has a small home silk screen machine so she plans on printing up some T shirts...(I suggested long sleeve or thermal but with the limited funds it would cost more than we could swing)...she went with regular t shirts.

The conflicts from Vietnam to Iraq listed on the left upper shoulder and on the chest "Thank You for Your Service....(and then under neath that) We werent there but We Care.

Both Marcy and Lizzy went ga ga at the idea.....I think Mrs wants to take some pics again so we will swing in kinda early 4:30 or so and run till the end like we did last week.

ETA: Glad to see your gonna be there as well Handy.

LR Yote
    Wow. That is amazing! I think Santa is going to be nice to you guys! I think the Vets will appreciate your gifts very much. Thank you!

I'm coming straight from work, so I'll be arriving early (4:30-5). See you all there.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

McX
    i'll get down there.

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    I do not believe I will make it tonight. Sorry for the late notice. If something changes I'll be there but don't count on it. I will be at breakfast in Brookfield tomorrow, however.

Wow. That is amazing! I think Santa is going to be nice to you guys!
    He Better Be !!!

- Frank Outlaw

Too funny!

It was a very Elvis Open Carry event. Lots of veterans got to enjoy a good meal and entertainment with the help of some of the members here and Lizzy. As usual, good conversations with fellow OC aficionados were had and the cause represented well.
    Last edited by oak1971; 12-18-2010 at 10:58 AM.

Cool Thanks To Everyone Who Made It Tonight!

Thanks to all of you that came tonight and supported our Veterans! Thank you Todd (Handy Hamlet) for donating your time and expertise again tonight! I am looking forward to seeing those photos!

I want to say "Thanks" to every one of you that was there tonight for our Veterans. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by oak1971 View Post
    It was a very Elvis Open Carry event.
    Once again I am impressed with the warmth and generosity of Liz, her crew, and the members of WCI, Inc.

A special thanks to Frank for becoming my personal Guru and for talking me down off the ledge. I am a duck. I am a duck.

May every Christmas be an Elvis Christmas for
    rcawdor57
    and his family.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_TG11674bw.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	89.5 KB 
ID:	4825   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_TG11597bw.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	32.1 KB 
ID:	4826   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_TG11784b.jpg 
Size:	74.5 KB 
ID:	4827  

Red face Thanks Todd! Great Photos!

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    Once again I am impressed with the warmth and generosity of Liz, her crew, and the members of WCI, Inc.

A special thanks to Frank for becoming my personal Guru and for talking me down off the ledge. I am a duck. I am a duck.

May every Christmas be an Elvis Christmas for
    rcawdor57
    and his family.
    Thank you Todd! I like the photos! Boy, I am getting OLD! LOL. Yes, Frank is a great GURU! Wow, tonight was a blast! (no pun intended).

Whew...busy day for us....Glad its over.

Mrs busted her a+s to get all the shirts done. Which were very well received by The Vets.
    I got a comment from one of The Vets,about how I was the first person he had ever seen OC'ing.....Not quite sure how he missed the rest of us OC'ing plus Handy and Protia were there well before we were.
    Food was fantastic as always.
    Elvis was good....kinda loud tho,for my taste....it was very difficult to hold a conversation with Springfield and Protias while Elvis was beltin out the tunes.

We had to leave abit earlier than I would have liked,but Mrs was done in.
    By the time I had her loaded up in the truck to head to Lizzy's she was pretty well medicated to get thru the rest of the evening.
    She was dozing while I was listening and talkin with the rest of the WCI bunch after we had finished our meal.

Hope to see some at breakfast on Sat.

LR Yote

- Frank Outlaw

Mrs busted her a+s to get all the shirts done. Which were very well received by The Vets.
    They were done very well. And you guys even had XXL. That is a huge deal (no pun intended).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_TG11665.jpg 
Size:	75.1 KB 
ID:	4828  
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast