• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Get Together With Our Veterans At Lizzy's Green Cafe Friday the 17th!

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Thanks To Everyone Who Made It Tonight!

Thanks to all of you that came tonight and supported our Veterans! Thank you Todd (Handy Hamlet) for donating your time and expertise again tonight! I am looking forward to seeing those photos!

I want to say "Thanks" to every one of you that was there tonight for our Veterans. Thank you!

HandyHamlet

It was a very Elvis Open Carry event.

Once again I am impressed with the warmth and generosity of Liz, her crew, and the members of WCI, Inc.

A special thanks to Frank for becoming my personal Guru and for talking me down off the ledge. I am a duck. I am a duck.

May every Christmas be an Elvis Christmas for
rcawdor57
and his family.

Attachments

• _TG11674bw.jpg
    _TG11674bw.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 71
  • _TG11597bw.jpg
    _TG11597bw.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 70
  • _TG11784b.jpg
    _TG11784b.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 65

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Thanks Todd! Great Photos!

Once again I am impressed with the warmth and generosity of Liz, her crew, and the members of WCI, Inc.

A special thanks to Frank for becoming my personal Guru and for talking me down off the ledge. I am a duck. I am a duck.

May every Christmas be an Elvis Christmas for
rcawdor57
and his family.

Thank you Todd! I like the photos! Boy, I am getting OLD! LOL. Yes, Frank is a great GURU! Wow, tonight was a blast! (no pun intended).

LR Yote 312

Whew...busy day for us....Glad its over.

Mrs busted her a+s to get all the shirts done. Which were very well received by The Vets.
I got a comment from one of The Vets,about how I was the first person he had ever seen OC'ing.....Not quite sure how he missed the rest of us OC'ing plus Handy and Protia were there well before we were.
Food was fantastic as always.
Elvis was good....kinda loud tho,for my taste....it was very difficult to hold a conversation with Springfield and Protias while Elvis was beltin out the tunes.

We had to leave abit earlier than I would have liked,but Mrs was done in.
By the time I had her loaded up in the truck to head to Lizzy's she was pretty well medicated to get thru the rest of the evening.
She was dozing while I was listening and talkin with the rest of the WCI bunch after we had finished our meal.

Hope to see some at breakfast on Sat.

LR Yote

protias

Thanks to all of you that came tonight and supported our Veterans! Thank you Todd (Handy Hamlet) for donating your time and expertise again tonight! I am looking forward to seeing those photos!

I want to say "Thanks" to every one of you that was there tonight for our Veterans. Thank you!

He tried getting a picture of me without me noticing! I caught him though! :D I do want to see that picture. :D

Whew...busy day for us....Glad its over.

Mrs busted her a+s to get all the shirts done. Which were very well received by The Vets.
I got a comment from one of The Vets,about how I was the first person he had ever seen OC'ing.....Not quite sure how he missed the rest of us OC'ing plus Handy and Protia were there well before we were.
Food was fantastic as always.
Elvis was good....kinda loud tho,for my taste....it was very difficult to hold a conversation with Springfield and Protias while Elvis was beltin out the tunes.

LR Yote
I just have one of those bodies and attitudes that if you don't look for my firearm, you aren't going to see it. ;)

M

McX

outstanding event! after missing last week, i truly missed my brothers, and sisters. kudo's to RAK for organizing these events, and for showing a great social conscience toward the veterans. and ofcourse Mr. & Mrs. Lr. Yore, for making the shirts for the veterans, reminding them that their service was remembered and appreciated. It was good to see all the usual suspects there, though I did note our leader Paul couldnt' make it, nor was oldschool, and his gun of the week, also wasn't there. It was good to see a new member lurking about, seeing that we are indeed a social organization, not realy a group of internet discontents.
the only complaint i had was that it seemed to be a club .45 event, with everyone, but me, sporting .45's. i felt discriminated against, as i was not provided with a .45 to attend. though later in the evening protias felt my pain, and announced he was heading out to the gun store to buy me a new .45- hell of a great kid huh? i got over it quickly as my imperial disruptor gun is like 10 times better than any steenkin .45 (har-har).

protias

outstanding event! after missing last week, i truly missed my brothers, and sisters. kudo's to RAK for organizing these events, and for showing a great social conscience toward the veterans. and ofcourse Mr. & Mrs. Lr. Yore, for making the shirts for the veterans, reminding them that their service was remembered and appreciated. It was good to see all the usual suspects there, though I did note our leader Paul couldnt' make it, nor was oldschool, and his gun of the week, also wasn't there. It was good to see a new member lurking about, seeing that we are indeed a social organization, not realy a group of internet discontents.
the only complaint i had was that it seemed to be a club .45 event, with everyone, but me, sporting .45's. i felt discriminated against, as i was not provided with a .45 to attend. though later in the evening protias felt my pain, and announced he was heading out to the gun store to buy me a new .45- hell of a great kid huh? i got over it quickly as my imperial disruptor gun is like 10 times better than any steenkin .45 (har-har).

I got the .45, but I left it at the store. Just go there and pick it up. If they tell you I didn't buy it for you, they are lying. :p

Just kidding, you can't pick it up, but I could sell it to you....for twice what I purchased it at. :p

M

McX

I got the .45, but I left it at the store. Just go there and pick it up. If they tell you I didn't buy it for you, they are lying. :p

Just kidding, you can't pick it up, but I could sell it to you....for twice what I purchased it at. :p

your a hard man protias, honk your horn up there in Sussex, bet i can hear it down here in racine heh-heh.

added on edit; had one funny to share; Rak and i were leaving, out by his car, doing the unload and encase dance, i was close to some guys in a pickup truck, doing the dance, and they were watching, the driver asked me: .45? and i said no 7.62 by 25, and he said; oh my! accuracy, your going to hit what you aim at.

Last edited:

LR Yote 312

They were done very well. And you guys even had XXL. That is a huge deal (no pun intended).

kudo's to RAK for organizing these events, and for showing a great social conscience toward the veterans. and ofcourse Mr. & Mrs. Lr. Yore, for making the shirts for the veterans, reminding them that their service was remembered and appreciated.

Third time in trying to post...site went down on me 3x on Sat.

That was all on the Mrs. She popped the idea to Lizzy and Marcy and did all the work. I had nothing to do with that.... Well, just a little...I carried them in for her.

All of which,the evening wouldnt have been possible with out Rcawdor's contributions.

LR Yote

Last edited:
M

McX

Last I spoke to Rak, we have a tentative plan for another dinner meet this coming Friday evening at Lizzys.