• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Get Together With Our Veterans At Lizzy's Green Cafe Friday the 17th!

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Yes folks we are doing it again! For those of you that missed it last Friday we are having another get together for another group of homeless Veterans. The cafe opens this Friday at 4 p.m. and closes at 10. I'm sure the "usual suspects" will be there (Thanks Guys N Gals!) and I hope to meet some new folks too.

If you have never been to Lizzy's you are missing a great experience! Lizzy, Adam and Elijah are great as are the staff! Everyone is always treated as family and the ambiance is amazing.

I should be there by 6 or so! Looking forward to this Friday! :)

Added: Lizzy has an Elvis impersonator for this Friday! If you missed the Frank Sinatra impersonator last Friday stop in for dinner this Friday and see/hear the Elvis impersonator!

Lizzy's Green Cafe
3731 S Beaumont Ave
Kansasville, WI 53139

Last edited:

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
I will be there.

Looking forward to seeing you! Oh, I forgot to post that this week Lizzy has an Elvis Impersonator for Friday night! Last week was Frank Sinatra impersonator, this week Elvis. Sweet!

It is going to be a great time!

oak1971

Looking forward to seeing you! Oh, I forgot to post that this week Lizzy has an Elvis Impersonator for Friday night! Last week was Frank Sinatra impersonator, this week Elvis. Sweet!

It is going to be a great time!

Is that Skinny Elvis of fat drug addict Elvis?

protias

I'm still debating. If I do go, I'll be there early (like ~5 and stay until whenever), otherwise I will not be attending.

LR Yote 312

Mrs and I lookin forward to it.

She got something cleared with Lizzy and Marcy so these guys will be taking
something along with them.

Should be a good time and We will see ya all there !!!

RCAWDOR, Will she need someone there early to help unload from the bus??

Last time it went pretty smooth,but as the night cooled down the p/lot did get a little slick
in some places.

LR Yote

Last edited:

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Mrs and I lookin forward to it.

She got something cleared with Lizzy and Marcy so these guys will be taking
something along with them.

Should be a good time and We will see ya all there !!!

RCAWDOR, Will she need someone there early to help unload from the bus??

Last time it went pretty smooth,but as the night cooled down the p/lot did get a little slick
in some places.

LR Yote

Pat, I don't think they will need any help this time. These guys range in age from the low 20's to I believe 70's. Yes, I know....young and back from Afghanistan/Iraq and they have nothing. What a way to go after fighting for your life and country in a foreign land.

I spoke with Lizzy and she intends for the Vets to arrive by 4:30 and eat at 5. I don't know how long they can hang out but probably about the same amount of time as the last group...say 6:30??

Thanks Pat and Angel! Looking forward to seeing you two again! I have more to tell you guys as well as Frank and Steve but that will have to wait till Friday night.

See you then!

LR Yote 312

Pat, I don't think they will need any help this time. These guys range in age from the low 20's to I believe 70's. Yes, I know....young and back from Afghanistan/Iraq and they have nothing. What a way to go after fighting for your life and country in a foreign land.

I spoke with Lizzy and she intends for the Vets to arrive by 4:30 and eat at 5. I don't know how long they can hang out but probably about the same amount of time as the last group...say 6:30??

Thanks Pat and Angel! Looking forward to seeing you two again! I have more to tell you guys as well as Frank and Steve but that will have to wait till Friday night.

See you then!

Thanks,...Yeah Mrs was on the phone back and forth with Lizzy to get a head count for the little project she is working on and I never thought to ask her

I just got an approval to reveal the nature of the project.

Mrs has a small home silk screen machine so she plans on printing up some T shirts...(I suggested long sleeve or thermal but with the limited funds it would cost more than we could swing)...she went with regular t shirts.

The conflicts from Vietnam to Iraq listed on the left upper shoulder and on the chest "Thank You for Your Service....(and then under neath that) We werent there but We Care.

Both Marcy and Lizzy went ga ga at the idea.....I think Mrs wants to take some pics again so we will swing in kinda early 4:30 or so and run till the end like we did last week.

ETA: Glad to see your gonna be there as well Handy.

LR Yote

Last edited:

Jason in WI

Unfortunately I won't be making it out [strike]tomorrow[/strike] today, I have to attend a funeral instead. I was looking forward to the great food and chating with you guys. I'll be at the next one or I'll drop by for breakfast before the next monthly meet.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Unfortunately I won't be making it out [strike]tomorrow[/strike] today, I have to attend a funeral instead. I was looking forward to the great food and chating with you guys. I'll be at the next one or I'll drop by for breakfast before the next monthly meet.

That is really sad...so close to Christmas. We will see you and Jenn at the next event or breakfast, coffee....etc....

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Thanks,...Yeah Mrs was on the phone back and forth with Lizzy to get a head count for the little project she is working on and I never thought to ask her

I just got an approval to reveal the nature of the project.

Mrs has a small home silk screen machine so she plans on printing up some T shirts...(I suggested long sleeve or thermal but with the limited funds it would cost more than we could swing)...she went with regular t shirts.

The conflicts from Vietnam to Iraq listed on the left upper shoulder and on the chest "Thank You for Your Service....(and then under neath that) We werent there but We Care.

Both Marcy and Lizzy went ga ga at the idea.....I think Mrs wants to take some pics again so we will swing in kinda early 4:30 or so and run till the end like we did last week.

ETA: Glad to see your gonna be there as well Handy.

LR Yote

Wow. That is amazing! I think Santa is going to be nice to you guys! I think the Vets will appreciate your gifts very much. Thank you!

protias

I'm coming straight from work, so I'll be arriving early (4:30-5). See you all there.

paul@paul-fisher.com

I do not believe I will make it tonight. Sorry for the late notice. If something changes I'll be there but don't count on it. I will be at breakfast in Brookfield tomorrow, however.

LR Yote 312

Wow. That is amazing! I think Santa is going to be nice to you guys!

He Better Be !!!

image0011.jpg

oak1971

It was a very Elvis Open Carry event. Lots of veterans got to enjoy a good meal and entertainment with the help of some of the members here and Lizzy. As usual, good conversations with fellow OC aficionados were had and the cause represented well.

Last edited: