• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shoot-out in Sacramento; Several packing heat

AyatollahGondola

http://blogs.sacbee.com/crime/archives/2010/12/1-killed-1-grav.html

Hard to say if these were carrying legally or not, but beings that it took place in a business, there's at least some hope of legality here.

The bad news....and it's pretty bad from my perspective....is that a likely innocent bystander was cut down in the crossfire. I say really bad because this is the sort of publicity that incites riotous gun control zealots. the victim in this case was a mother with a toddler nearby. She died at the scene. Very very tragic. But...without knowing whose bullet ended her life, it's hard to come to grips with justification at this point, and by that I mean to surmise that had the people who were the intended targets not been armed at all, there could have been a bigger body count at the end of this event. However, it's just as easy to dismiss the deaths of all the gunfighters, the original targets, etc if they were all so wrapped up in some personal or group war that bystanding women and children are not a consideration.
I just hate it when there is collateral damage like this involved

nonameisgood

Just a guess from an out-of-stater, but I doubt that two guys getting haircuts and being shot at and not critically injured at that range, probably means that the guns carried by them were loaded (not legal in California, right?). Do we suppose the original victims were openly carrying, were able to draw, load, and fire (in spite of being wounded) and yet did not get disabling hits on the original shooters?
A couple of dozen "guys in the back room" sounds odd, too.

Maybe I'll rethink how I carry when I'm in the chair.

cato

I'd say they were getting their heads shaved not cut. No way this was a 'lawful' carry situation for anyone involved IMO.

Rev_sole

That is a bad area..

from this line i would think that there was more going on in this place than hair cuts. this looks like a gang hit that they seem to be playing down.

"At least two dozen people were inside a back room of the barbershop at the time of the shooting, including some who were playing cards or dominoes, Curran said."

from http://www.kcra.com/news/26133628/detail.html
Curran said the people inside the barber shop "haven't been real cooperative."
"They didn't see anything, if you will," Curran said.

No why would they talk to the police. they Aint no snitches. Snitches get stitches.

I pray for the family of that lady. Its sad that a life was ended needlessly.

This is one reason why this coming year i am going to get A CCW.

Last edited:

demnogis

My instinct says gang related.

No names were released, which means no real background info is just yet available. If one of the "targets" (notice it's not the word victims?) had a CCW permit, info would have been given. I also highly doubt any of these people were open carrying. Of course, we'll have to wait for more facts and less assumptions and vague statements to figure out what the reason behind this incident was.

AyatollahGondola

from this line i would think that there was more going on in this place than hair cuts. this looks like a gang hit that they seem to be playing down.

"At least two dozen people were inside a back room of the barbershop at the time of the shooting, including some who were playing cards or dominoes, Curran said.".

Admittedly the "uncooperative" nature of the witnesses is a little suspect, but having 24 people in another room at the barber shop is not inherently so. Lots of black people pool up at homes and businesses for community purposes. Especially in the bad areas, because there is often safety in numbers. I don't know what was going on over there though. that area is predominantly vietnamese, chinese, and other assorted asians. I was a bit surprised to find out the parties involved were black.

ryanburbridge

Very sad.

People die in cars every day and yet most feel cars are still worth it to have around. People die from guns that are protected by the constitution and oh boy ban them all. Never under stood that. The anti gun will say see told you so. I will say ha its the antis fault. If the two that started shooting knew EVERY ONE HAS A LOADED GUN they would not have done this in broad daylight. They may have set up an ambush later but IF EVERY ONE IS ARMED it will stop this trash. It's the antis fault. If only I could convince the rest of the world.

Coded-Dude

the woman was allegedly putting her child in a car seat in the car. the bullet went through the front windshield and struck the woman. of course maybe she was shielding her child once she heard shots...we'll never know. but it is definitely a sad story. I saw the bullet hole in the windshield on the news this morning. if the mother had not gotten hit the child probably would have.

RockerFor2A

Sounds like a gang hit. And whether the guns were banned, like many of the people commenting on the story wish, it would make no difference. Gang members don't buy guns from licensed dealers, they don't UOC but they carry concealed-- not really caring about silly things like CCW permits. Sad that an innocent was caught in the crossfire.

Coded-Dude

last report I heard no one is co-operating with police. there are even rumored threats of retaliation to anyone who does say anything.

Coded-Dude

from the gangs. the cops are trying to get people to co-operate, but as i understand it they are having trouble doing so because of the threats.