Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who needs a gun at a school board meeting? (Amazing Video)

Who needs a gun at a school board meeting? (Amazing Video)

Unsurprisingly when he faced armed resistence he ended his own life. There is a story on CNN's website that school board security shot him then he turned his own gun on himself. http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/12/14/...ex.html?hpt=T1

So let me get this straight... School boards can have armed security to protect them but teachers, students and parents can't carry to protect themselves. Hmm, can't wait to see how anti's spin this one. I am sure they will try to use it against OC in Florida.

My only question is why didn't the armed security take the shot when he pointed the gun and not after he shot several rounds that either by design, or luck missed their targets.
    Last edited by 45acpForMe; 12-14-2010 at 10:06 PM.

Banned
    I wonder how this would have gone differently if there had been an armed person in the crowd or if the lady who swung her purse at the gunman had a gun to shoot him instead.

To get the fullest picture check the video at this site too. I wish we had the whole thing. The video I cited has the sound of all the shots, but not the picture. The OP video has picture of the shots it covers, but misses about half the shots.

None of the people conducting the meeting were armed because they were not allowed to be armed. They were only allowed to be victims.

Banned
    Fortunately, the gunman got his training by watching the way they handle guns on TV. That's the only reason there weren't a lot of dead guys behind the desk.

I posted a comment on the news site. It respectfully pointed out that the situation could've ended sooner if a member of the audience or the lady who attacked the gunman with a purse had carried a gun. The comment seems to have been moderated into oblivion. I guess they don't like to air both sides of the issue.

People do not understand the force must be proportional or higher than the force used against them. A firearm requires a firearm. Pacifism may appear to be the way of the "enlightened", but dead is dead.

The craziest thing I saw was the lady swinging her purse at him. I can't even imagine what universe her mind was in, what....thinking she was going to knock him out.

I can't even wrap my mind around that stupidity.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/12/14/...ex.html?hpt=T1
    Last edited by MarlboroLts5150; 12-15-2010 at 01:14 AM. Reason: Added link to first video.
    "My dedication to my country's flag rests on my ardent belief in this noblest of causes, equality for all. If my future rests under this earth rather than upon it, I fear not."

-Leopold Karpeles, US Civil War Medal of Honor Recipient

Who needs a gun at a school board meeting? At least one, as apparently they were all unarmed.

Quote Originally Posted by 45acpForMe View Post
    So let me get this straight... School boards can have armed security to protect them but teachers, students and parents can't carry to protect themselves. Hmm, can't wait to see how anti's spin this one.
    That's about the size of it.

I am sure they will try to use it against OC in Florida.
    No doubt, as if OC has anything at all to do with the concealed manner in which the perp carried the gun into the meeting.

My only question is why didn't the armed security take the shot when he pointed the gun and not after he shot several rounds that either by design, or luck missed their targets.
    Don't know. Whether I was a former LEO or not, the moment the perp drew out his firearm, I'd have directed him to lay down his firearm and surrender. If he didn't...

One or more members of the board may have waived off the security guard, hoping to talk the perp down. He may also have remained outside the room, hoping not to escalate things by walking in wearing a firearm and in uniform. Regardless, the moment the perp pointed his gun directly at a member of the board, I'd have fired on him.

As for the perp missing his targets... It's stories like this which strengthen my belief in Divine Providence.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Its not always necessary to challenge somebody when they present a threat. (Tennessee versus Garner, 1985). When the shooter drew a weapon, he posed an immediate threat to life. It was incumbent upon armed security to eliminate the threat immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by MarlboroLts5150 View Post
    The craziest thing I saw was the lady swinging her purse at him. I can't even imagine what universe her mind was in, what....thinking she was going to knock him out.

It looked like she was trying to knock the gun out of his hand. yeah not that smart.
    A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government.- Thomas Jefferson March 4 1801

Banned

Her purse was the closest thing to arms she was allowed to carry. Had she been carrying something just a bit more effective, say a handgun, she'd have been more able to effectively take out the BG.

Quote Originally Posted by END_THE_FED View Post
    It looked like she was trying to knock the gun out of his hand. yeah not that smart.
    While not smart, she was the only one brave enough to take a stand. She put her life on the line to do everything she could with the tools she was allowed to use. She is lucky to be alive for sure, but someone needs to take this to the Florida legislature and say "imagine how quickly the perpetrator could have been 'stopped' had she had more than a purse."

As easily as she snuck up on him to hit him with her purse, she could have gotten to within point blank range and put two in his head. Situation over.

Arm everyone! Bad guys are the minority, but they outnumber armed good guys. it's a matter of ratio and probability. No way the bad guys will survive if everyone is packing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada carrier View Post
    While not smart, she was the only one brave enough to take a stand. She put her life on the line to do everything she could with the tools she was allowed to use. She is lucky to be alive for sure, but someone needs to take this to the Florida legislature and say "imagine how quickly the perpetrator could have been 'stopped' had she had more than a purse."

As easily as she snuck up on him to hit him with her purse, she could have gotten to within point blank range and put two in his head. Situation over.

Arm everyone! Bad guys are the minority, but they outnumber armed good guys. it's a matter of ratio and probability. No way the bad guys will survive if everyone is packing.

Yes she is very brave indeed.
    A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government.- Thomas Jefferson March 4 1801

Brave to confront the BG. Stupid in tactics. Sometimes it's better to retreat, especially when your best move is suicidal.

The school board should have posted "No guns" signs, That would have solved the problem!
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    ...I wish we had the whole thing...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQjQO...layer_embedded

must sign in with Google or youtube account

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by oldbanger View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQjQO...layer_embedded

must sign in with Google or youtube account
    Thanks. That version has everything leading up to the shooting, which was lacking from the other videos. However, there is a LOT more shooting that went on after this video stops. The CNN version has the audio of that but not the video.

The BG seems to be down at the end of this video, but a major gunfight continues after this point in time. Frankly, I wonder who was shooting at whom.

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    The school board should have posted "No guns" signs, That would have solved the problem!
    As did the laws preventing unlicensed concealed carry and brandishing. Man, I'm so relieved we have such laws and signs to keep us safe!
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    Brave to confront the BG. Stupid in tactics.
    In Basic Training, the drill sergeants called this good motivation, but bad execution. The only cure is more push-ups.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by palerider116 View Post
    Its not always necessary to challenge somebody when they present a threat. (Tennessee versus Garner, 1985). When the shooter drew a weapon, he posed an immediate threat to life. It was incumbent upon armed security to eliminate the threat immediately.
    I was thinking about this. I'm not so sure. Having only the Ability and Opportunity sides of the triad (Ability, Opportunity, Jeopardy/Intent) doesn't seem to fulfill the requirements.

As far as I know, brandishing alone is insufficient.

Now, at the instant the gun is pointed (demonstrating intent), or a verbal threat was made (as it was part way into the event, if I recall) demonstrating intent, then all the elements are present.

After the gun was drawn, but prior to the threat that somebody was gonna get shot, the most I could see was the guard or board member drawing a weapon and demanding the brandisher drop it.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter45 View Post
    ummm...everyone at the meeting needed a gun....but wait that was a GFSZ & safe ! yeah right
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

That gunman was a very crappy shot, no matter how "evil" or corrupt those schoolboard directors are, they didn't deserve to be killed.

Founder's Club Member PrayingForWar's Avatar
    Of course the most "brilliant" solution will be metal detectors at the doorways, not promoting the idea that sane people be armed.

Never bring a purse to a gunfight.
    If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training. You will become a minister of death, PRAYING FOR WAR...

And then she immediately fell down screaming.

Seriously, did she think one whack on his arm with a purse was going to be the knockout blow?

Quote Originally Posted by KBCraig View Post

Seriously, did she think one whack on his arm with a purse was going to be the knockout blow?
    She was the one who should have had a gun. She got close enough that she could have put two in his head at point blank range, unfortunately, she would have gone to prison, because as we know, only criminals are allowed to have guns on school property.

It's rare that we get to see an event like this in such detail. we usually have to listen to police department and witness statements, but in this instance we can see just how armed law abiding citizens could have ended this before rounds started whizzing by innocent peoples heads. Let's say everyone in the room was armed; granted not everyone would have had an opportunity to line up a shot with a safe backdrop, but clearly one person got the chance, to bad all she had to shoot him with was a purse.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KBCraig View Post

She watches too much TV. On TV, one hit with the purse would've done the trick--if it suited the purpose of the plot.

On another note, the gunman could not legally posses a firearm. Signs, metal detectors, and anti-gun policies only stop that folks who would defend us from maniacs like this from carrying. The maniacs will continue to carry.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast