• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

this is a stick up ya'll!!!!

greatsimon

Last year like we usally do me and some friends loaded up the cars and went to Thunder Over Louisville (in Kentucky, we are from Cincinnati). We got there about 1 A.M. and camped out on the side walk. the next morning we got up grabbed our spot and half of the group stayed to save it and the other half went to move the cars and get ice, drinks, food etc. while moveing the cars we stopped at a Mobile to get the ice, while standing in line i see a man flip up his hood, covering his face along with his sunglasses before walking in the door, i felt very uneasy after seeing this. In the store was my two friends, my girl friend and myself along with 10 or so others scattered around the store and in line. We are all standing there waiting patiantly when I hear " this is a stick up!" he had his hands in his pockets and none of us knew if he was armed or bull s@#$ing us. My girlfriend scared to death stood between my friends as one of them stepped in front of her and I reached for my weapon that was hidden by my coat at the time, I am a CCW holder(I dont remember if i was in front or besides my friends but the decision didn't leave time for that thought). I began to pull it from the holster when it was about halfway out the idiot called "Im joking you all", turns out he knew the casher and was joking.
#1. dont do that in a store full of people
#2. who knows who else has a gun so dont do it
#3. I should have pulled him out side told him what is what
#4. next time ill call the police after words "for inciting panic" like those liberals like trying to get us for!
P.S. I called Louisville PD the day before i left and they said we cant stop you from carrying, its your right.

Last edited:

eye95

Would he have pulled such a stunt if he had seen an openly carried firearm? He is stupid, but surely not that stupid.

One more argument for OC. It gives others the information they should have before doing something stupid.

greatsimon

agreed

agreed,but I am still on the fence about how to carry, I like the privacy but am ordering a pancake holster for one of my guns. I like staying to myself but would like the "respect" I will get by carrying open. I have done both. carried the day i turned 21.

eye95

Oh, I wasn't suggesting that you OC. How you carry is entirely up to you. Some folks (clearly not you), especially many LEOs to whom I've talked, think it is foolish to OC. Your story made me realize that there is yet one more reason that OC has value.

palerider116

Not to mention the possibility of an off duty LEO reacting to this and possibly shooting said idiot.

Then we would have another thread dedicated to how LEO's murdered another innocent citizen. :banghead:

greatsimon

OC

OC as a huge value, and i am waiting till after Christmas to a OC holster that works better and losks in my weapon unlike the one i currently have right now. I plan to start OCing in jaunary. i just watched a youtube video and the Captain in th evideo says he doesnt see the point, what is his deal? If a gun is visible, everyone will watch thier P's and Q's
here is the link if you all want to watch it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYWz7BEEg1k

Last edited:

palerider116

A holster with positive retention is definitely a good idea. You can go as simple as a single retention to a triple retention. I recommend getting the holster and practicing drawing with an unloaded gun. It will help you develop muscle memory so if you need to use the gun, the holster doesn't become an obstacle in an emergency.

palerider116

OC flies in the face of the late 20th century, early 21st century mindset of a captive people. In a society where being a victim is morally superior to being able to defend yourself, its no question you will get some LEO's, politicians, and the citizenry in general jittery if not "offended".

OC is a crash course in U.S. rights. Expect good results, expect bad results, but always remember that this is the result of previous generations squandering our rights.

I hope our posterity will judge us to be better guardians of the rights that our forefathers thought were essential for all Americans.

OldCurlyWolf

I am a CCW holder. I began to pull it from the holster when it was about halfway out the idiot called "Im joking you all", turns out he knew the casher and was joking.
#1. dont do that in a store full of people
#2. who knows who else has a gun so dont do it
#3. I should have pulled him out side told him what is what
#4. next time ill call the police after words "for inciting panic" like those liberals like trying to get us for!
P.S. I called Louisville PD the day before i left and they said we cant stop you from carrying, its your right.
My Responses:

1. Idiot!!! don't do that!!!
2. If you hadn't been quite so quick to reveal the "joke", you would have been looking down the barrel of my 10mm.
3. No pulling him outside. This is a safety matter. He gets both barrels full blast in front of everyone. He deserves every second of embarrassment possible.

4. Then I call the PD and get the DA :cuss:(doesn't mean District Attorney) some jail time and a fine to pound the lesson through his thick skull.:banghead:

Sonora Rebel

"We are all standing there waiting patiantly when I hear " this is a stick up!" he had his hands in his pockets and none of us knew if he was armed..." One... the threat was communicated. Two... The hand in the pocket indicted a weapon.

I would have shot him.

Kirbinator

Yeah, he needs someone to "Dad" him. Unfortunately this tends to be the police in modern society who have to explain to someone like this that, while well intentioned, he very nearly committed suicide by third party. However, this creates a HUGE problem for the firearms holder, who would likely have to ask one of the other people in the store to remain, while one of his friends calls the police, while he himself requests the person remain in the store until the police arrive. And even then one may find themselves dealing with a police officer more inclined to arrest the concealed weapons carrier for brandishing rather than the one who screamed "FIRE!" in a crowded theater.

At the very least Mr. Holdup met or nearly met the definition of Disorderly Conduct in my state.

Kirbinator

OC as a huge value, and i am waiting till after Christmas to a OC holster that works better and losks in my weapon unlike the one i currently have right now. I plan to start OCing in jaunary. i just watched a youtube video and the Captain in th evideo says he doesnt see the point, what is his deal? If a gun is visible, everyone will watch thier P's and Q's

here is the link if you all want to watch it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYWz7BEEg1k

Oh, hubris gives way to apprehension?

nytestalker

Reminds me of the time I was standing in a local pawn shop. This dude walks in and up to the counter, pulls up the front of his shirt to reveal a revolver stuck in his waist band.
Then pulls out the revolver holds it up to the clerk and asked how much he can get if he pawns his gun.:eek:

since9

Campaign Veteran
Yet not once have I seen cited a single supporting fact for it.... Not once.

Really? Hang around officer.com. You'll see a ton of supporting evidence for the fact they do not, in general, like OC.

OC flies in the face of the late 20th century, early 21st century mindset of a captive people. In a society where being a victim is morally superior to being able to defend yourself, its no question you will get some LEO's, politicians, and the citizenry in general jittery if not "offended".

OC is a crash course in U.S. rights. Expect good results, expect bad results, but always remember that this is the result of previous generations squandering our rights.

I hope our posterity will judge us to be better guardians of the rights that our forefathers thought were essential for all Americans.

Well said! Especially the crash course part. Provided we mind our P's and Q's and don't pull a knee-jerk "I'd shoot him" reaction every time someone pulls a stupid stunt, I think the judgment will hold us in good stead.

Last edited:

Bebop

...My girlfriend scared to death stood between my friend as the step in front of her and i reached for my weapon that was hidden by my coat at the time...

Maybe I am misinterpreting this, the grammar probably an oversight on your part (it happens to me sometimes). If, when he said "This is a stick up", you stepped in front of your girlfriend I would say that was a bad move. I understand wanting to protect her my reaction may have been the same thing. Thinking about this if you step in front of her and pull your weapon, and say he was armed as well, and you exchange gun fire you are increasing her risk of being hit by a bullet that may miss you or be an in and out. Since I am sure you where trying to protect her I would submit the correct movement would be to move away from her while you draw.

I probably would have called the police to teach the bastard a lesson, or he probably would have a few extra holes.

Last edited: