• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gunman opens fire on shool board committee

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I wonder if that school board suddenly has a new attitude about GFSZ's.

"Don't. Please don't." Yeah, that talked him out of pulling the trigger.

palerider116

GFSZ's render all guns inoperative within the 1,000 feet. (Sarcasm)

Legislated stupidity.

:cuss: and another criminal abusing the second amendment.

Last edited:

paul@paul-fisher.com

OK, let's review how many laws the gunman violated. I'm not up on FL law so I might miss some:

1. He's a convicted felon in possession of a firearm.
2. He's well within a school zone.
3. He discharged a weapon within city limits (an assumption that is illegal in that city)
4. Attempted murder? (he shot 14 times, would he be charged by the bullet or by the potential targets?)
5. Kidnapping/hostage taking/illegal detention?

So, without breaking out the law books or breaking a sweat, he's breaking 5 laws. If I were an anti, I would argue that more laws are needed because everyone knows that criminals would not DARE break 6 laws. 5 laws, OK, 6, nope, I'll stay home. :banghead:

How about this? We get rid of law #2, that way he only gets to break 2 laws (#1 and #3) before 10 armed 'civilians' take him down and put him out of his misery.

Brimstone

When I first saw this on CNN I was thinking how it was crazy that there was no one at the meeting with a firearm that could stop him. Then I realized that, outside of Utah, this wad a gun free zone. It clearly illustrates how bad that law is. What if the lady that hit him with her purse had a pistol in that purse instead? She would have had a much safer option.