• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Rambling gunman dead after opening fire at Florida school meeting

sultan62

Based on the very limited information given, I think:

a) Duke was crazy
b) Duke went in there intending to die
c) I'm unsure about his intent to kill others. It's very possible he didn't intend to, and that's what I tend to think.

d) I'm impressed by Husfelt.

Smith45acp

I was in PCity when this went down. Didn't know it at the time.

Too bad that brave little purse swinger didn't have something more effective

smlawrence

If Law Abiding Citizens would of been allowed to carry then this would of been a 60second situation.

Northerner

With all the emotion and anger regarding the Wake County School Board direction of bussing students, I wonder how the school board members will react to this.

Last edited:
B

bgreene89

People like that gunman have no respect for human life and don't deserve to have a life.
If I could have been there and legally been carrying I would have shot him and not thought twice about it!

Although I believe that would have been a good time to have been concealed carrying instead of OC because I believe he had planned it all out ahead of time.

Blake

Last edited:

Maverick9110e

With all the emotion and anger regarding the Wake County School Board direction of bussing students, I wonder how the school board members will react to this.

Exactly what I thought when I read that. I can't believe the craziness that's going on because, gasp. You go to school in the town you live in closest to your house. Cops and all at those meetings, it wouldn't surprise me.

aadvark

First off, Open Carry is NOT Allowed in Florida..., at least NOT yet. There is a Bill before their Florida Legislature to Amend this next Year for Florida Permit Holders.

Secondly, Duke WAS Mad about His Wife having lost Her Job..., just BEFORE Christmas! This is Understandable, Especailly at this Time in The Year and with this Economy.

Duke WAS Standing Up for His Wife, as I am sure any other LOVING Husband would.

Thirdly, Florida has a Very Strict 'Gun-Free School Safety Zone' Law AND a 10-20-LIFE Law.

In Florida, it IS 10 Years in Prison to Pull a Gun for ANY Criminal Purpose, 20 Years in Prison to Shoot the Gun for ANY Criminal Purpose, and LIFE if you Hit another Human Being with the Shot, when Fired during ANY Criminal Purpose, whether said other Person Lives or Dies.

In Florida, it IS a Felony to even have a Firearm in, or within a 1000 Feet of a School.
As you may Imangine, School means ANYTHING that can Construed by Uber-Florida-Liberals as such, even IF North Carolina would NOT consider the Place as a School, including Private Schools AND Home Schools.

Neither Federal Law OR Florida Statute 790.115 Stopped Duke from doing what He did.

In fact, as I said under The Florida Link, NO Statute has EVER Stopped any Violent Florida Criminal, never-has and never-will.

It is time to Face the Facts: Utah, Rhode Island, Alabama, Michigan, California, Delaware, AND New Hampshire ALLOW ALL Law-Abiding Citizens with Permits to Carry Firearms in Schools, Colleges/Universities, and School Boards/Meetings.

It IS Time for The Florida Legislature, The North Carolina General Assembly, and others, to WAKE UP and Follow the Lead of the Aforementioned States concerning this Matter.

The TRUTH is, The 'Gun-Free School Zone' Crap IS just a FACADE, and most Propably always will be..., BUT until This Nation WAKES UP, this Crap will Continue happening.

The Security Guard is a Hero, well..., fine, BUT if ANY Citizen were to Open Fire, then, that Citizen WOULD just be Prisoner No. so-and-so.

I have an Idea..., The North Carolina General Assembly SHOULD REPEAL North Carolina General Statute 14-269.2 OR The North Carolina General Assembly SHOULD Alter General Statute 14-269.2 by Adding (i) to read:
It shall be a Defense to any Violation of this Section that The Person who Possesed ANY Article, Device, Item, or Object Enumerated under (a)(4) of this Section that such Person WAS Licensed under General Statute 14-415.11 in Accordance with Federal Law 18 U.S.C. 922(q)(2)(B)(ii).

[...] ..., Fat Chance, huh!?

Last edited:

Sc0tt

somone should have told him that schools and goverment buildings are gun free zones and he wasnt suppose to have that right?

He wasnt OC so it adds to our factual information and a legal holster citizen is not a threat (but people wont make a difference between the two)

He was obviously crazy, and went there with the intention to die (I think he purposly missed becuase no one is that bad of a shot a 3 ft) I think his intentions were SBC, but if legal citizens were allowed to OC then this would have been over possibly peacefully in 60 secounds (unless his intentions were to be killed)

Last edited:
M

mattwestm

When I watch the video, it appears almost as if it came off the Chris Rock show or Chappelles Show. I don't even think the victims took him very seriously. The V for Vendetta thing was made it look like a joke, same with the purse assault. Also, it appears as if the guy is pretty intoxicated. Maybe that's why it took him a while to realize that he was being shot at.

A better version of the video can be found here at the top: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=772_1292376603

Northerner

I fully expect to see Ginger on the David Letterman Show or Leno within the year. Note, that not much is mentioned about his wife/exwife etc.

Sc0tt

One of the board members siad he thought he was shooting "caps" I think he may of ment blanks

Northerner

I would like to see the rest of the video. Not for the death scene, but to see how the PD/Security repsonded.