Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27

Thread: Police Chief Ed Flynn supports concealed carry

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    34

    Police Chief Ed Flynn supports concealed carry

    http://www.fox6now.com/news/witi-121...0,439162.story


    " Officials with the Wisconsin pro-gun movement say they are in favor of a licensing process including background checks and training. "


    What officials ?

  2. #2
    Regular Member HandyHamlet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Terra, Sol
    Posts
    2,779
    The officials who think we give a **** what that jack-ass says?

    LOOK! Jessica McBride! Hominahominahomina!










    Must be a slllooooooooooooooooow news day.

  3. #3
    Regular Member oak1971's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,937
    Flynn is talking out of his behind.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

  4. #4
    Regular Member Krusty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Trempealeau County, Wisconsin
    Posts
    281
    Sure he supports it. As long as it's written the way he wants it! I wouldn't believe much of anything he has to say. He a politician at heart.
    IF YOU WANT TO BURN OUR AMERICAN FLAG, PLEASE WRAP YOURSELF UP IN IT FIRST...

  5. #5
    Regular Member HandyHamlet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Terra, Sol
    Posts
    2,779
    Well CC might be exactly the excuse he needs to order his "Troops" to put EVERYONE on the ground. Not just cowboys. You know... in the interest of officer safety.


  6. #6
    Regular Member oak1971's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,937
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    Well CC might be exactly the excuse he needs to order his "Troops" to put EVERYONE on the ground. Not just cowboys. You know... in the interest of officer safety.

    The term "jack booted thug" comes to mind, but that would be insulting to jack booted thugs and thus unfair.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

  7. #7
    Campaign Veteran GLOCK21GB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    4,348
    Quote Originally Posted by oak1971 View Post
    The term "jack booted thug" comes to mind, but that would be insulting to jack booted thugs and thus unfair.
    Sure he is all for very regulated CCW, now that it the state is now controlled by conservative pro CCW law makers...Funny that the CCW we will be getting soon will be a very clean CCW law, possibly even on the edge of being constitutional carry. He is nervous.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

    Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    542
    He wanted to jump start concealed carry permits right before McDonald. They seen the writing on the wall, Doyle's no-carry pet project wasn't going to last forever. Fast Eddy wants to jump on the carry is good train only to push his own agenda. Starting with making everything a felony, he probably has "special" background checks up his sleeve also. And we definitely have to close the "Gun show loophole" by running all private sales through the government; you know for the children.

    Kinda funny how such an anti can flip the script. What's next, Doyle coming out and saying he really supported the concealed carry bills and the only reason he vetoed them is because they were too restrictive .
    Last edited by Jason in WI; 12-15-2010 at 02:32 AM.

  9. #9
    Founder's Club Member protias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    SE, WI
    Posts
    7,318
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason in WI View Post
    He wanted to jump start concealed carry permits right before McDonald. They seen the writing on the wall, Doyle's no-carry pet project wasn't going to last forever. Fast Eddy wants to jump on the carry is good train only to push his own agenda. Starting with making everything a felony, he probably has "special" background checks up his sleeve also. And we definitely have to close the "Gun show loophole" by running all private sales through the government; you know for the children.

    Kinda funny how such an anti can flip the script. What's next, Doyle coming out and saying he really supported the concealed carry bills and the only reason he vetoed them is because they were too restrictive .
    Everyone should Like the Milwaukee Police Department and follow what they say. My jaw dropped when he said he wanted to make people carrying without a permit a felon. I pointed out both state and federal Constitutions that say otherwise.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

    If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

    I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

  10. #10
    McX
    Guest
    what a hooker! wonder if they'll prone you out if you pattern?

  11. #11
    Regular Member LR Yote 312's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    God's Country, Wi
    Posts
    458
    Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    what a hooker! wonder if they'll prone you out if you pattern?
    My thoughts also...

    And if they dont prone out a known criminal that is....then all it does is breed complacency.
    So it dont matter if we have a permit or not.
    We are still gonna be proned out....so what did we win ??

    My next question is...How are they gonna react to hollowpoints ??

    LR Yote
    Last edited by LR Yote 312; 12-15-2010 at 11:27 AM.
    *NOTE: No Longer under the tyranny of Milwaukee County.


    Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    - Frank Outlaw

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    West Texas
    Posts
    596
    Look out guy's. That jerk is attempting to create laws that will screw honest people.
    This felony crap will create negative issue's for honest citizens who open carry instead of getting the CC permit. At that point, cops will claim Open carriers fireamrs were not visible and get the charge you guy's with a felony.
    Yall know how LE works!
    Make it a Felony for anyone with a CRIMINAL RECORD TO CARRY A GUN.
    LEAVE HONEST PEOPLE ALONE!

  13. #13
    Founder's Club Member protias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    SE, WI
    Posts
    7,318
    Quote Originally Posted by MR Redenck View Post
    Look out guy's. That jerk is attempting to create laws that will screw honest people.
    This felony crap will create negative issue's for honest citizens who open carry instead of getting the CC permit. At that point, cops will claim Open carriers fireamrs were not visible and get the charge you guy's with a felony.
    Yall know how LE works!
    Make it a Felony for anyone with a CRIMINAL RECORD TO CARRY A GUN.
    LEAVE HONEST PEOPLE ALONE!
    We are well aware of his stance on people carrying. After the AG memo, he instructed his officers to "prone out" anyone who is carrying. He has no leg to stand on, especially since our God given right to defend ourselves is clear and our Constitution (state and federal) reiterates that.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

    If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

    I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

  14. #14
    Regular Member MKEgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    in front of my computer, WI
    Posts
    4,426
    Quote Originally Posted by LR Yote 312 View Post
    My next question is... How are they gonna react to hollowpoints??
    If they're good enough for his officers to use, why wouldn't they be good enough for law-abiding citizens to use for self-defense? All the arguments as to why hollowpoints are better for police to use also apply to their use by citizens. So once again, he doesn't have a leg to stand on. (With apologies to all the veterans and suchlike who actually don't have a leg to stand on.)


    ETA: OK, here's an interesting research project... Let's contact various LEAs across WI - all the major cities, and as many of the smaller towns as we can - and find out a) what's the most commonly used caliber of duty weapon and b) if officers are required to load their duty weapon with hollowpoints while on duty.
    Or maybe b) do they use blunt tip, hollowpoint, shotshell, or some other ammo for duty pistols?
    Or has someone done that yet?

    Would definitely show the good for the goose, good for the gander argument.
    Last edited by MKEgal; 12-15-2010 at 01:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

  15. #15
    Campaign Veteran Flipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    , Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,140
    Of course Flynn is for concealed carry. Jessica's husband, cuckolded by Fynn, testified against concealed carry in 2000.

    http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us
    When in danger you can dial 911 and hope for the police to arrive a few minutes later armed with guns.
    Why do police carry guns?

    The Joyce Foundation funded firearm control empire:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...lFundingR1.png

    "Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see." - Martin Luther King Jr.

  16. #16
    Regular Member HandyHamlet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Terra, Sol
    Posts
    2,779
    never mind... Too much caffeine for me today.
    Last edited by HandyHamlet; 12-15-2010 at 01:11 PM.

  17. #17
    Regular Member oak1971's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,937
    Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    If they're good enough for his officers to use, why wouldn't they be good enough for law-abiding citizens to use for self-defense? All the arguments as to why hollowpoints are better for police to use also apply to their use by citizens. So once again, he doesn't have a leg to stand on. (With apologies to all the veterans and suchlike who actually don't have a leg to stand on.)
    I am just finishing up my Criminal Justice degree. We have been told repeatably how hollow-points are the "safest" because they expend all the energy in the body and seldom over penetrate, thus reducing the risk to bystanders.

    Seems like the same applies to civilians who carry.

    I prefer them because they do a better job of stopping the threat. The safety issue is a bonus.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Greendale, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock34 View Post
    Sure he is all for very regulated CCW, now that it the state is now controlled by conservative pro CCW law makers...Funny that the CCW we will be getting soon will be a very clean CCW law, possibly even on the edge of being constitutional carry. He is nervous.
    This is a very good insight. Although Ed Flynn stated he wants to "make it a felony for bad guys who conceal carry", we know darn well that law abiding citizens who choose to conceal carry without a permit would be considered a "bad guy" and now have a felony against them. Like many of you have stated, Ed Flynn has a mission to "put down" anyone who carries a weapon; concealed or open. We know darn well Ed Flynn will continue his mission regardless if he gets his way or not.

    I like the idea of constitutional carry in Wisconsin. Since I do travel quite a bit, I also obtained my Florida and Utah's permit for reciprocity reason's. For me, this allows flexibility while staying within the laws. However, if constitutional carry does not fly, the next best thing is to have a sensible CCW permit in Wisconsin in which fees would be low (below the three digit mark) or none, training is on your own and does not need to be provable, and also is recognized by every single state.

  19. #19
    Founder's Club Member protias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    SE, WI
    Posts
    7,318
    Quote Originally Posted by dmworken View Post
    I like the idea of constitutional carry in Wisconsin. Since I do travel quite a bit, I also obtained my Florida and Utah's permit for reciprocity reason's. For me, this allows flexibility while staying within the laws. However, if constitutional carry does not fly, the next best thing is to have a sensible CCW permit in Wisconsin in which fees would be low (below the three digit mark) or none, training is on your own and does not need to be provable, and also is recognized by every single state.
    Let's think about this for a minute. Would you rather be taxed $10,000 or $100? Obviously the $100 is better, however, both are terrible! No one wants to be taxed more. Not all states accepts every other permit. You say you have a non-res FL and UT permits. Can you carry in NY? CA? IL? MI? etc, etc. Why follow other states when we can move FORWARD?! The most likely senario is if WI goes Constitutional Carry, many other states will quickly follow.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dobb View Post
    http://www.fox6now.com/news/witi-121...0,439162.story


    " Officials with the Wisconsin pro-gun movement say they are in favor of a licensing process including background checks and training. "


    What officials ?
    I would like them to name names too.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

    If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

    I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

  20. #20
    Campaign Veteran Flipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    , Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,140
    Quote Originally Posted by Dobb View Post
    http://www.fox6now.com/news/witi-121...0,439162.story


    " Officials with the Wisconsin pro-gun movement say they are in favor of a licensing process including background checks and training. "


    What officials ?
    Possibly this is where Fox News found out that there is an organization called "Wisconsin Pro-Gun Movement" with a director.

    http://www.fox6now.com/news/witi-110...,6129414.story

    Quote:

    "In defense of what he's doing Shorty's owner Mike Govas had the director of the Wisconsin Pro-Gun Movement, Jim Fendry, speak on his behalf."

    Another example why the various gun rights organizations need some closed door meetings with each other.
    When in danger you can dial 911 and hope for the police to arrive a few minutes later armed with guns.
    Why do police carry guns?

    The Joyce Foundation funded firearm control empire:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...lFundingR1.png

    "Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see." - Martin Luther King Jr.

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Greendale, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    42

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    Let's think about this for a minute. Would you rather be taxed $10,000 or $100? Obviously the $100 is better, however, both are terrible! No one wants to be taxed more. Not all states accepts every other permit.
    Good point on the tax issue. Okay, lets re-phrase this to "no-fees". I should have known better.

    Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    You say you have a non-res FL and UT permits. Can you carry in NY? CA? IL? MI? etc, etc. Why follow other states when we can move FORWARD?! The most likely scenario is if WI goes Constitutional Carry, many other states will quickly follow.
    I got these permits for the states I visit; Ohio and Texas mainly. However, I do see your point. Until other states do get on board, our choices are limited in the reciprocity department.

  22. #22
    Regular Member LR Yote 312's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    God's Country, Wi
    Posts
    458
    Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    If they're good enough for his officers to use, why wouldn't they be good enough for law-abiding citizens to use for self-defense?

    Would definitely show the good for the goose, good for the gander argument.
    Kinda an inside ya had to be there kind of thing...Right along the lines of why do Cops think everyone is dumber than they are ??

    During my encounter,when I was cuffed and my sidearm removed from the holster and I had to instruct the officer 3x how to clear the chamber of a 1911,when the round cleared,a second officer picked up the round,inspected it and went off the wall because it was a Win SXT....and tried to read me the riot act about them.

    I just rolled my eyes,kept my mouth shut till he asked me if I had really planned on shooting some one with them and why was I carrying them?....My answer: " If the situation warrants it and because they stop the bad guys" wasnt what he was expecting to hear.

    Then later when the shift sarge showed up...Cop #2 again tried to make a huge deal out of it,by shoving the cleared round into the sarges face and yelled ..."And he's carrying these!!!!"

    Sarge looked over at me,raised his eyebrows and I said "Perfectly legal to purchase,posses and use as I see fit." Sarge had to tell Cop #2 to back off and leave it alone...I had an out loud giggle at that one. Cop #2 had to walk away. His buttons were too easy to push.

    LR Yote
    Last edited by LR Yote 312; 12-15-2010 at 02:06 PM.
    *NOTE: No Longer under the tyranny of Milwaukee County.


    Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    - Frank Outlaw

  23. #23
    Regular Member HandyHamlet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Terra, Sol
    Posts
    2,779
    Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    Let's think about this for a minute. Would you rather be taxed $10,000 or $100?
    That is standard political strategy.

    A politician will introduce a bill that says "If you want to grow sunflowers you will have to buy a state license for $10,000 per growing season."

    They get lots of free press. Everyone gets mad. So they rewrite the bill. Now it's only $100 for a license.

    Guess what. Everyone is now cool with that because it could have been $10,000!


    This works all the time...




  24. #24
    Regular Member LR Yote 312's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    God's Country, Wi
    Posts
    458
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    That is standard political strategy.

    A politician will introduce a bill that says "If you want to grow sunflowers you will have to buy a state license for $10,000 per growing season."

    They get lots of free press. Everyone gets mad. So they rewrite the bill. Now it's only $100 for a license.
    Guess what. Everyone is now cool with that because it could have been $10,000!
    This works all the time...
    And everyone but the Citizen laughs on the way to the Bank....

    Reason is....Now we PAY to have a "Right"

    For those that want to pay for a permit...
    Read Protias's sig....Its been paid for already

    LR Yote
    Last edited by LR Yote 312; 12-15-2010 at 02:24 PM.
    *NOTE: No Longer under the tyranny of Milwaukee County.


    Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    - Frank Outlaw

  25. #25
    Regular Member BROKENSPROKET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Trempealeau County
    Posts
    2,187
    Quote Originally Posted by MR Redenck View Post
    Make it a Felony for anyone with a CRIMINAL RECORD TO CARRY A GUN.
    LEAVE HONEST PEOPLE ALONE!
    I have a criminal record. It is legal for me to Open Carry, and you want to make me FELON?

    I say, make it a felony for anyone to carry a gun while involved in criminal activity.
    Last edited by BROKENSPROKET; 12-15-2010 at 03:16 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •