• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Police Chief Ed Flynn supports concealed carry

HandyHamlet

The officials who think we give a **** what that jack-ass says?

LOOK! Jessica McBride! Hominahominahomina! ;)

Must be a slllooooooooooooooooow news day.

HandyHamlet

Well CC might be exactly the excuse he needs to order his "Troops" to put EVERYONE on the ground. Not just cowboys. You know... in the interest of officer safety.

:shocker:

oak1971

Well CC might be exactly the excuse he needs to order his "Troops" to put EVERYONE on the ground. Not just cowboys. You know... in the interest of officer safety.

:shocker:

The term "jack booted thug" comes to mind, but that would be insulting to jack booted thugs and thus unfair.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
The term "jack booted thug" comes to mind, but that would be insulting to jack booted thugs and thus unfair.

Sure he is all for very regulated CCW, now that it the state is now controlled by conservative pro CCW law makers...Funny that the CCW we will be getting soon will be a very clean CCW law, possibly even on the edge of being constitutional carry. He is nervous.

Jason in WI

He wanted to jump start concealed carry permits right before McDonald. They seen the writing on the wall, Doyle's no-carry pet project wasn't going to last forever. Fast Eddy wants to jump on the carry is good train only to push his own agenda. Starting with making everything a felony, he probably has "special" background checks up his sleeve also. And we definitely have to close the "Gun show loophole" by running all private sales through the government; you know for the children.

Kinda funny how such an anti can flip the script. What's next, Doyle coming out and saying he really supported the concealed carry bills and the only reason he vetoed them is because they were too restrictive :banghead:.

Last edited:

protias

He wanted to jump start concealed carry permits right before McDonald. They seen the writing on the wall, Doyle's no-carry pet project wasn't going to last forever. Fast Eddy wants to jump on the carry is good train only to push his own agenda. Starting with making everything a felony, he probably has "special" background checks up his sleeve also. And we definitely have to close the "Gun show loophole" by running all private sales through the government; you know for the children.

Kinda funny how such an anti can flip the script. What's next, Doyle coming out and saying he really supported the concealed carry bills and the only reason he vetoed them is because they were too restrictive :banghead:.

Everyone should Like the Milwaukee Police Department and follow what they say. My jaw dropped when he said he wanted to make people carrying without a permit a felon. I pointed out both state and federal Constitutions that say otherwise.

LR Yote 312

what a hooker! wonder if they'll prone you out if you pattern?

My thoughts also...

And if they dont prone out a known criminal that is....then all it does is breed complacency.
So it dont matter if we have a permit or not.
We are still gonna be proned out....so what did we win ??

My next question is...How are they gonna react to hollowpoints ??:banghead::banghead:

LR Yote

Last edited:

MR Redenck

Look out guy's. That jerk is attempting to create laws that will screw honest people. :eek:
This felony crap will create negative issue's for honest citizens who open carry instead of getting the CC permit. At that point, cops will claim Open carriers fireamrs were not visible and get the charge you guy's with a felony.
Yall know how LE works!
Make it a Felony for anyone with a CRIMINAL RECORD TO CARRY A GUN.
LEAVE HONEST PEOPLE ALONE! :cuss:

protias

Look out guy's. That jerk is attempting to create laws that will screw honest people. :eek:
This felony crap will create negative issue's for honest citizens who open carry instead of getting the CC permit. At that point, cops will claim Open carriers fireamrs were not visible and get the charge you guy's with a felony.
Yall know how LE works!
Make it a Felony for anyone with a CRIMINAL RECORD TO CARRY A GUN.
LEAVE HONEST PEOPLE ALONE! :cuss:

We are well aware of his stance on people carrying. After the AG memo, he instructed his officers to "prone out" anyone who is carrying. He has no leg to stand on, especially since our God given right to defend ourselves is clear and our Constitution (state and federal) reiterates that.

MKEgal

My next question is... How are they gonna react to hollowpoints??

If they're good enough for his officers to use, why wouldn't they be good enough for law-abiding citizens to use for self-defense? All the arguments as to why hollowpoints are better for police to use also apply to their use by citizens. So once again, he doesn't have a leg to stand on. (With apologies to all the veterans and suchlike who actually don't have a leg to stand on.)

ETA: OK, here's an interesting research project... Let's contact various LEAs across WI - all the major cities, and as many of the smaller towns as we can - and find out a) what's the most commonly used caliber of duty weapon and b) if officers are required to load their duty weapon with hollowpoints while on duty.
Or maybe b) do they use blunt tip, hollowpoint, shotshell, or some other ammo for duty pistols?
Or has someone done that yet?

Would definitely show the good for the goose, good for the gander argument.

Last edited:

oak1971

If they're good enough for his officers to use, why wouldn't they be good enough for law-abiding citizens to use for self-defense? All the arguments as to why hollowpoints are better for police to use also apply to their use by citizens. So once again, he doesn't have a leg to stand on. (With apologies to all the veterans and suchlike who actually don't have a leg to stand on.)

I am just finishing up my Criminal Justice degree. We have been told repeatably how hollow-points are the "safest" because they expend all the energy in the body and seldom over penetrate, thus reducing the risk to bystanders.

Seems like the same applies to civilians who carry.

I prefer them because they do a better job of stopping the threat. The safety issue is a bonus.

dmworken

Sure he is all for very regulated CCW, now that it the state is now controlled by conservative pro CCW law makers...Funny that the CCW we will be getting soon will be a very clean CCW law, possibly even on the edge of being constitutional carry. He is nervous.

This is a very good insight. Although Ed Flynn stated he wants to "make it a felony for bad guys who conceal carry", we know darn well that law abiding citizens who choose to conceal carry without a permit would be considered a "bad guy" and now have a felony against them. Like many of you have stated, Ed Flynn has a mission to "put down" anyone who carries a weapon; concealed or open. We know darn well Ed Flynn will continue his mission regardless if he gets his way or not.

I like the idea of constitutional carry in Wisconsin. Since I do travel quite a bit, I also obtained my Florida and Utah's permit for reciprocity reason's. For me, this allows flexibility while staying within the laws. However, if constitutional carry does not fly, the next best thing is to have a sensible CCW permit in Wisconsin in which fees would be low (below the three digit mark) or none, training is on your own and does not need to be provable, and also is recognized by every single state.

protias

I like the idea of constitutional carry in Wisconsin. Since I do travel quite a bit, I also obtained my Florida and Utah's permit for reciprocity reason's. For me, this allows flexibility while staying within the laws. However, if constitutional carry does not fly, the next best thing is to have a sensible CCW permit in Wisconsin in which fees would be low (below the three digit mark) or none, training is on your own and does not need to be provable, and also is recognized by every single state.

Let's think about this for a minute. Would you rather be taxed $10,000 or $100? Obviously the $100 is better, however, both are terrible! No one wants to be taxed more. Not all states accepts every other permit. You say you have a non-res FL and UT permits. Can you carry in NY? CA? IL? MI? etc, etc. Why follow other states when we can move FORWARD?! The most likely senario is if WI goes Constitutional Carry, many other states will quickly follow.

http://www.fox6now.com/news/witi-121410-chief-flynn-guns,0,439162.story

" Officials with the Wisconsin pro-gun movement say they are in favor of a licensing process including background checks and training. "

What officials ?

I would like them to name names too.

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
http://www.fox6now.com/news/witi-121410-chief-flynn-guns,0,439162.story

" Officials with the Wisconsin pro-gun movement say they are in favor of a licensing process including background checks and training. "

What officials ?

Possibly this is where Fox News found out that there is an organization called "Wisconsin Pro-Gun Movement" with a director.

http://www.fox6now.com/news/witi-110410-gun-shop-west-allis,0,6129414.story

Quote:

"In defense of what he's doing Shorty's owner Mike Govas had the director of the Wisconsin Pro-Gun Movement, Jim Fendry, speak on his behalf."

Another example why the various gun rights organizations need some closed door meetings with each other.