Thread: Under 21 carry

Under 21 carry

Tell your stories here! I'm hoping to get a handgun to OC for Christmas.

Wink

i have OC for the last 6 months and i am 19 the best advice i can give you is do not OC until you are familiar with the NC gun laws from front to back and know everything you can about gun safety it is a huge responsibility that isn't to be taken lightly and be prepared to have to educate sheeple and act friendly

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy002 View Post
    i have OC for the last 6 months and i am 19 the best advice i can give you is do not OC until you are familiar with the NC gun laws from front to back and know everything you can about gun safety it is a huge responsibility that isn't to be taken lightly and be prepared to have to educate sheeple and act friendly
    +1

He's Right, Educate yourself its a huge responsibility.

North Carolina General Statute 14-269.7 provides that it is a misdemeanor for any person under the age of 18 to possess or carry a handgun.
    -----------------
    --SCOTT

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

"A government that is big enough to give you everything you need is beg enough to take everything you have, the course of history shows that as government incresses - liberty decreases."

LEGAL NOTICE: I am not a lawyer, no content in the above post should considered legal advice

I believe Dreamer linked a PDF of the CHP booklet that instructors hand out for their classes - read that, memorize it, and ask questions here. While none of us is as smart as all of us, we should more than likely answer the questions you'll more than likely have.

Know what the provisions for GattTotP is - it saved me some hassle with the sheriff's office and my bank
    Know where you can and can not carry - the handbook will specify where concealed carriers can't carry more than OC'ers - pay attention to those differences
    And very importantly, know when you can and can not draw your firearm (let alone touch or make any move that suggests otherwise). We do not have a brandishing clause, and it can (and does) lead to trouble if you draw when your not supposed to

Stay safe
    Taurus PT1911 .45 ACP. Carried in condition 1, with a total of 25 rounds.

Vice President of Students for Concealed Carry on Campus, ECU Chapter

Last edited by hotrod8812; 12-16-2010 at 12:55 AM.

i have had success and i am 18 but you better know everything and i would recommend getting a purchase permit from the sheriff to prove you can legaly own a gun.

bgreene89

Reply...What I would do is this

Quote Originally Posted by hckply04 View Post
    i have had success and i am 18 but you better know everything and i would recommend getting a purchase permit from the sheriff to prove you can legaly own a gun.

I agree 100 % , but good luck on getting them to do that because being a gun dealer I know we cant sell handguns to people under 21 years of age. Your going to have to prove to them that you can buy handguns from individuals, for example the bargain trader. I would print out the statue that says you can carry a handgun as long as you are not under the age of 18 (minor). Also find the statue that says gun dealers can't sell handguns to people under 21 yrs. of age and show them to the sheriff's office if they give you any run around ask for the sheriff himself! And explain to him you need it to buy a handgun from an individual or for information purposes so if you get stopped you will not be locked up.

Blake

I open carry under 21 (I also have a Pistol purchase permit issued by my sheriff).
    Never really had any issues.
    I was carrying one night at a gas station, As I was walking out, Two SHP was walking in, I held the door (Gun side visible) I know the younger Trooper (Not sure about the other trooper) seen the weapon, And nothing was said.

The store I was in
    http://maps.google.com/maps?um=1&ie=...ed=0CBQQnwIwAA

Moderator / Administrator
    Why? The police in NC have no power to detain open carriers - just mind your owns business and OC where legal,

the reason for the permit is to prove have the ability to own the gun if i get pulled over

the reason for the permit is to prove have the ability to own the gun if i get pulled over
    The only thing you hve to prove is that your 18 years old. Nothing else.
    Taurus PT1911 .45 ACP. Carried in condition 1, with a total of 25 rounds.

Vice President of Students for Concealed Carry on Campus, ECU Chapter

^^ hope the pic works. Got this bad boy from Santa this morning. She shoots like a dream. Going to get a purchase permit Monday so I can buy it from my dad. Anyone carry a pk380? Need suggestion on a good holster.
    Last edited by CDT COX; 12-25-2010 at 07:42 PM.

You don't have to legally be able to own the gun to carry, only to possess. Age is proof enough.
    "They don't give a damn about any trumpet playing band
    It ain't what they call rock and roll
    And the Sultans...
    Yeah the Sultans, they play Creole"

OCDO Member
    NCGO Member