• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

This is a perfect example of why we need to be able to protect ourselves at all times

Dreamer

WTF was "Ginger" thinking? She's lucky she didn't get plugged...

What "Ginger" should have done was pulled her Glock out of her purse and shot him with that, rather than hitting him with her purse.

I hope "Ginger" and all the other Board Members will be filling out BATFE 4473's this week.

And BTW, this guy didn't intend to shoot ANYONE--this was a pure case of "suicide by cop". HE fired at 4 or 5 of those board members at nearly point-blank range, and didn't hit ANYONE.

And what's up with the big spray-painted "V" symbol?

This story is starting to "not pass the sniff test". Its just TOO weird, and looks a little TOO much like a staged false flag event. Just the sort of event that could be used to put the brakes on the growing sympathy for changing FL law to allow OC.

A little too convenient, methinks...

DJEEPER

the V:

images

Dreamer

I get the reference--I have this movie on BluRay...

But what does that movie have to do with some suicidal nutso attempting to commit "suicide by cop?"

I can see it now, the new memo coming out of DHS an MIAC:

Fans of "V For Vendetta" are an even greater threat to America than Ron Paul supporters and returning vets...

DJEEPER

I get the reference--I have this movie on BluRay...

But what does that movie have to do with some suicidal nutso attempting to commit "suicide by cop?"

I can see it now, the new memo coming out of DHS an MIAC:

this guy was obviously mentally ill. Immediately i picked up his implied character traits of a "hollywood-badass" with a super "cool" passive mentality, who has complete control of the situation.

This wacko was trying to emulate something he watched on TV.

Dreamer

This story is OBVIOUSLY made-up. The perp had a felony conviction, and had received a 5-year sentence for a previous crime. There is NO WAY he could have got a gun.

Because we all know that "gun control" works so well... :banghead:

When will the media stop publishing these stories that are obviously fake, made-up, and full of falsehoods?...

rushcreek2

May God bless that little lady with the big purse ! She should bottle and market her "grit" ! Someone who loves her needs to buy her put at least a 9mm "stocking-stuffer" accessory for her purse this Christmas.

I think it might be revealing to illustrate via a "safety scale" graphic the statistical probability of "safety" existing in various locations/situations - say in the 99.999 % "safe" category (the absolute maximum since 100% "safe" is nonexistent)- descending downward into the lower depths approaching absolute "ground ZERO" = 100% "unsafe" locations/situations.

I suspect such a chart would reveal that most people could identify themselves CONSERVATIVELY as being situated in 50/50 "safety-zones" at least 50 % of the time. Assuming the reasonable accuracy of any such assessment of "normal" exposure to risk - WHY are more people not prepared to defend themselves? If nothing else - such a graphic illustration would suffice to illustrate that absolute "safety" exists NOWHERE. Better to have it and not need it - than to need it and not have it. I don't know about Florida laws but I would think that the justifiable use of deadly force to meet such an immediate threat would "trump" any "gun free zone" violation.

My thoughts after watching the video - After the terror that those folks had already experienced was it REALLY necesssary that they had to be subjected to more loaded guns pointed at them by the "calvary"? The exposed posture presented upon entry into the meeting room by the official responders contradicts any ligitimate need to hold the school board staff at gun-point and order them to the floor. It is unlikely that they would have exposed themselves that way if they had reason to suspect that any remaining threat existed in that room. Spooky. Was it a case of simply "following procedure" (and perpetuating the terror of the incident) ...or were they checking to see if any of the victims were armed ?

To be fair - I guess every shooting incident is an excellent opportunity to practice, practice, practice "proper tactics". All the same -Sometimes I really miss - "Dirty Harry" though.

Last edited:

Dreamer

Clay Duke, the man who opened fire on a Florida school board Tuesday, posted a “last testament” on Facebook decrying the wealthy and linking to a slew of progressive sites including theprogressivemind.info and MediaMatters.org.

So he's a Lefty, Soros shill...

Mark my words, this story will evaporate by tomorrow morning, just like the Enviro-terrorist who held the Discovery Channel HQ at gunpoint several months back.

They always sweep THESE ones under the rug...

Last edited:

tx-skydiver

It appears that Florida has learned from this incident and changing the law to allow citizens to carry on the premises and protect themselves from nutjobs like this.

Kidding. They are reported to now setting up installations of metal detectors instead. That'll stop the bad guys.

Jsmith88

Sucks those guys weren't able to defend themselves because it is illegal for us to bear arms on school or government property. Too bad those rules don't stop the criminals. Hmm seems to only be protecting "The Criminals".

We seriously have the stupidest government and it makes me so mad to see this happen.

I agree with you Dreamer this gun control sure is working to keep guns away from felons lol

Last edited:

eye95

Actually, that video is still missing a large chunk. There is a massive amount of shooting after the BG goes down, including the one the media say that he took his own life with. The guard, who went to his car to properly arm himself, and then came back, got into a shootout from behind the seats in the back of the room.

No one is showing the video of this portion of the event. I am puzzled as to why not.

eye95

in this video clip i am gonna post... he says he was armed with a 38 revolver and wanted more fire power so he went and got his 40sw and his kevlar vest..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omv2pgKhzXM

i think the BG thought that the SG wasnt armed... you can hear a male voice say " hes probably doesnt even have a gun"

The SG was armed with a .38, and went to his car to get a .40, some ammo, and a vest.

WHAT??? The SG was there with a gun and leaves the BG alone, threatening the board members with a gun! He's lucky that he did not come back to find the board room full of dead people and no BG.

He should already be carrying the weapon and ammo he would need in this situation. Even if all he had was a .38 revolver with six rounds, HE (not the unarmed board members) should be the one engaging the BG and stalling for time while backup gets there. If it comes down to it, he uses whatever weapon he has to defend the unarmed. I can't believe that he left--for whatever reason.

Ivan Sample

My thoughts is that if they would have been armed this situation would have ended alot faster. Ginger is lucky to be alive today. Thank God for these folks being alive and the gun man aim. The person that lost their live was the gun man only.

hammer6

i'm wondering why no one has brought this up yet:

in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omv2pgKhzXM when the SG was explaining how he was engaging the BG...he was laying down behind the seats firing reckless shots at the BG with the board members right behind him...they are lucky the SG didn't shoot them...

and SECOND- i would NOT have waited for that BG to point his gun. as SOON as he was focused on the school board and not me, i would have came in and shot him in the head. the school board OBVIOUSLY would be able to see me point my gun and they would duck out of the way. everyone is lucky not only the BG didn't shoot them, but the SG as well.