• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Woodbridge clerk becomes robbers' worst nightmare...

Wolf_shadow

Activist Member
I am very glad the GG was not hurt, but his SA had to be way down. Letting two people get close enough to try to use a tasser is not good. If it had of been a knife would not have gone well.

TFred
The only thing missing is the identity of the criminals, and who wants to lay odds they're from Maryland?
your probably right we don't have any BG's in VA. Maybe their from DC or don't they have any either.

Sorry but while Maryland my not be the best place for SD it doesn't mean the BG came from there.:cuss:

nova

They were probably from Woodbridge.

A thug from Maryland wouldn't have to drive as far and they'd have plenty of choices in Alexandria and Arlington. Criminals are lazy, after all :)

Last edited:

TFred

Sorry but while Maryland my not be the best place for SD it doesn't mean the BG came from there.:cuss:

A thug from Maryland wouldn't have to drive as far and they'd have plenty of choices in Alexandria and Arlington. Criminals are lazy, after all :)
I'm not a bettin' man, but I'll be surprised if they were Virginia residents.

We've had a rash of violent crimes down here in the Fredericksburg area in recent weeks that have turned out to be Marylanders. Bank robberies, daylight street armed robberies... I can't figure it out other than these criminals want to get away from their local area, and aren't smart enough to realize that we like to defend ourselves down here in Free Virginia.

Maybe they'll be caught, and maybe they won't... I guess we'll see. :)

TFred

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Maybe someone can lend him one of their guns?

If I were king of the world, the victim wouldn't be left defenseless, with his attackers running around loose. It wouldn't be impossible for a situation like this to be a personal vendetta or become one with a wounded or dead bad guy's partners wanting revenge.

There are plenty of firearms seized from crimes but are no longer needed for evidence, wouldn't cost the taxpayers a dime to keep a few of the good ones for situations such as this.

TFred

If I were king of the world, the victim wouldn't be left defenseless, with his attackers running around loose. It wouldn't be impossible for a situation like this to be a personal vendetta or become one with a wounded or dead bad guy's partners wanting revenge.

There are plenty of firearms seized from crimes but are no longer needed for evidence, wouldn't cost the taxpayers a dime to keep a few of the good ones for situations such as this.
Good idea, but much better overall to have and be proficient on more than one already...

TFred

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Maybe someone can lend him one of their guns?

That has been done before in more than one instance - actually as I recall they were were purchased and presented as gifts.

Are you stepping forward to volunteer for either?

NovaCop

I'm not a bettin' man, but I'll be surprised if they were Virginia residents.

We've had a rash of violent crimes down here in the Fredericksburg area in recent weeks that have turned out to be Marylanders. Bank robberies, daylight street armed robberies... I can't figure it out other than these criminals want to get away from their local area, and aren't smart enough to realize that we like to defend ourselves down here in Free Virginia.

Maybe they'll be caught, and maybe they won't... I guess we'll see. :)

TFred

TFred,

Suspect claimed residency in Woodbridge, but have been in the system with prior addresses in several areas around NOVA.

NovaCop

That has been done before in more than one instance - actually as I recall they were were purchased and presented as gifts.

Are you stepping forward to volunteer for either?

Negative, not to someone I don't know well enough.

Neplusultra

Now here's an idea. If the police take your gun for evidence without charging you maybe they should give you a loaner :^)!

NovaCop

Now here's an idea. If the police take your gun for evidence without charging you maybe they should give you a loaner :^)!

If an officer is involved in a shooting in my department, we have a guy on call who has new unissued firearms that comes directly to the scene and gives the officer a new one. I guess it's for liability reasons, but seriously he is assigned that job duty ha. Interestingly, all guns the have been involved in shootings in my department (well many at least) that are then given back after deemed no longer evidence are then stripped of a firing pin, painted red, and used as training guns for new officers.

Maybe there should be a organization to support loaner guns in said situations. VCDL? Maybe to members only.

TFred,
They got the one, and are pretty certain who the other is. Haven't heard if they got him yet. It was a twisted situation and they tried to make themselves out to be victims (obviously they weren't).

Last edited:

wylde007

Maybe there should be a organization to support loaner guns in said situations. VCDL? Maybe to members only.
That's quite a curious suggestion, considering the source.

:D

But, as we have seen in many occasions, members of this group seem more than eager to help their fellow carry advocates in time of need.

We must all hang together or we shall all surely hang separately.

TFred

TFred,
They got the one, and are pretty certain who the other is. Haven't heard if they got him yet. It was a twisted situation and they tried to make themselves out to be victims (obviously they weren't).
Since hospitals have to report gunshot injuries, one would pretty much have no choice but to concoct such a story and risk the scrutiny of the investigation, especially if the injury was life-threatening.

"Officer, thank goodness you found me! I need to report that I was randomly shot by the night-clerk down at that gas station, a long time CHP holder and upstanding member of the community, for no apparent reason whatsoever..."

I guess a few years behind bars is better than dead. They must have been unable to locate Mel Gibson's back-alley surgeon! :)

TFred

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Since hospitals have to report gunshot injuries ......................... They must have been unable to locate Mel Gibson's back-alley surgeon! :)

TFred

Or the unemployed medical practitioner from a former dog-fighting promoter - now there is a scary thought. :eek:

longwatch

Good idea, but much better overall to have and be proficient on more than one already...

TFred
I agree fully and it is a sound plan to have a backup handgun identical to your carry piece. Yet it bugs me that this man will be without his property for something on the order of a year if there is a speedy trial, and in my experience with 'evidence guns', it won't be in the condition it was taken. Anyhow part of my objection boils down to is if the government is going to take something from an innocent citizen, compensation is warranted.

longwatch

If an officer is involved in a shooting in my department, we have a guy on call who has new unissued firearms that comes directly to the scene and gives the officer a new one. I guess it's for liability reasons, but seriously he is assigned that job duty ha. Interestingly, all guns the have been involved in shootings in my department (well many at least) that are then given back after deemed no longer evidence are then stripped of a firing pin, painted red, and used as training guns for new officers.

Thats weird, deactivating a firearm after it was used for its intended purpose. Then again so is giving out NIB guns to LEOs without putting 200+ rounds through them to make sure they run.

NovaCop

Thats weird, deactivating a firearm after it was used for its intended purpose. Then again so is giving out NIB guns to LEOs without putting 200+ rounds through them to make sure they run.

Well I also think it's a little odd to do that to guns that were involved in a shooting. Hell if it was my gun, I would like to keep it at least for a personal reasons. Oh well, I don't make the decisions. I should have mentioned that the "new guns" are never NIB. A few boxes are always shot through the guns before we get them. Sometimes they switch out our guns for new models, which I dislike since I get comfortable/familiar with my old one. Oh well enough talking LE.

Your other comment about seizure of innocent person's gun w/out compensation is not really true. See, they are investigating to determine the person who shot is actually legally innocent. Until that time, the seizure is legal and compensation cannot be expected. Once the investigation is complete and the legal aspect has run its course, then the gun should be returned asap. Maybe if they refuse after that final finish, there would be some ground for compensation.

Remember "presumed innocent until proven guilty". That carjacker/robbery suspect is presumed "innocent" right now. He has not been convicted of any crime at the moment.

Last edited:

longwatch

Well I also think it's a little odd to do that to guns that were involved in a shooting. Hell if it was my gun, I would like to keep it at least for a personal reasons. Oh well, I don't make the decisions. I should have mentioned that the "new guns" are never NIB. A few boxes are always shot through the guns before we get them. Sometimes they switch out our guns for new models, which I dislike since I get comfortable/familiar with my old one. Oh well enough talking LE.

Your other comment about seizure of innocent person's gun w/out compensation is not really true. See, they are investigating to determine the person who shot is actually legally innocent. Until that time, the seizure is legal and compensation cannot be expected. Once the investigation is complete and the legal aspect has run its course, then the gun should be returned asap. Maybe if they refuse after that final finish, there would be some ground for compensation.

Remember "presumed innocent until proven guilty". That carjacker/robbery suspect is presumed "innocent" right now. He has not been convicted of any crime at the moment.

So you just take his gun and let him go, that makes sense.