• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How could this happen in Canada???? Canada is like our schools -- Guns not allowed!

HeesBonafide

I just read this and couldn't comprehend how this happen. Guns are HIGHLY regulated in Canada and the general public cannot own/possess short guns without having the blessing of (almost) the Canadian Prime Minister AND pope himself.

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/innocent+victims+Vancouver+gang+shooting+police/3965577/story.html

Maybe they need to ban guns there, that would surely have prevented this from happening..........oh wait..........um..
ok, guns are just plain bad..............um...........yea, bad.

HeroHog

No innocent victims in Vancouver gang shooting: police

Ten people were hit with bullets near Oak Street and 23rd.

I love it! Only Criminals got hit! They don't know WHO they are as they haven't been identified but they MUST be all criminals... right? Gimme a break!

Lemcke added the shots were fired with an assault weapon.
Robertson said he tried calling 911 but got a busy signal.
Say what? I bet the neighborhood feels MUCH better now!

When officers arrived on the scene, they found a number of injured people in the 3800 block of Oak Street and more victims on a street a short distance away. Others turned up at local hospitals over the next hour, arriving in private vehicles, McGuinness said.
Of course those turning up later were criminals although they have NO stated evidence. Notice that NONE are "suspects". Thank God I live in the U.S. and they haven't taken away ALL of our rights...yet.

Police ordered a temporary lockdown of Vancouver General Hospital after the shooting, and other people seeking medical attention were re-directed to different hospitals, Vancouver Coastal Health confirmed. Spokesman Chris Freek said he did not know how long the lockdown was in place.
OMG! Sorry all you sick/injured/birthing people! We have Criminals here and it isn't safe for you here. You will just have to go elsewhere!

Are they INSANE?

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

Many Canadians are sick of their insane gun laws too, living close to the border I have conversations with them all the time. And do work for some who own houses here. I was told by one how they were robbed several times at gun point (they owned a store). They had a pistol and all the permits to own it but it had to be locked up in a lock box in their safe....rendering it virtually useless.....

She told me she was very afraid anyone of those times could have meant their life....."what am I supposed to do hit them with my hockey stick?"

Yet I am very afraid we are heading toward the same direction as Canada, folks on the so called left and right willing to sacrifice liberties for the illusion of safety, will get us there and in our generation too. If this is the case why the hell did we ever rebel against the throne? Canada didn't are still technically a British property.