• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lansing Library Board meeting tonight 5:30

PDinDetroit

Plese Cite all of these guns in public building issues you speak of.

I'm not sure I believe that MANY cities are asking law makers anything. My guess is that a couple of the thousands of cities may have inquired abut the whole OC issues, but not many.

To date, I know that Royal Oak and Berkley have passed resolutions asking the MI Legislature for the ability to limit firearm carry/possession in Public Buildings and/or Public Festivals. It appears that Huntington Woods is asking for the same here this next week.

ETA - These were not inquiries, these were actual requests to change the law from city approved resolutions.

Last edited:

DetroitBiker

Plese Cite all of these guns in public building issues you speak of.

I'm not sure I believe that MANY cities are asking law makers anything. My guess is that a couple of the thousands of cities may have inquired abut the whole OC issues, but not many.
You can read all about it in my book that im in the prosses of writing . Its titled,How we lost our right to Open Carry in Michigan. Its a nice little illustrated book with pictures of Dumbazz`s walking around showing off there longarms/ruger1022`s,with the attitude of "hey look at me".

While responsible open carriers tried to stear these overzealous young lads in the right dirrection, They were told that it was there rights and they were gonna flaunt them.

:(

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
You can read all about it in my book that im in the prosses of writing . Its titled,How we lost our right to Open Carry in Michigan. Its a nice little illustrated book with pictures of Dumbazz`s walking around showing off there longarms/ruger1022`s,with the attitude of "hey look at me".

While responsible open carriers tried to stear these overzealous young lads in the right dirrection, They were told that it was there rights and they were gonna flaunt them.

:(
Can't wait to read it, just hope you have a good editor.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
To date, I know that Royal Oak and Berkley have passed resolutions asking the MI Legislature for the ability to limit firearm carry/possession in Public Buildings and/or Public Festivals. It appears that Huntington Woods is asking for the same here this next week.

ETA - These were not inquiries, these were actual requests to change the law from city approved resolutions.

A fart in a hurricane. Still, two is far from many, was my point. We have heard that they would outlaw OC and CC for years now because of OC. While it could happen I doubt it will, especially with Heller and McDonald behind us. Be vigilant yes, but lets not use hyperbole as our opponents do.

PDinDetroit

A fart in a hurricane. Still, two is far from many, was my point. We have heard that they would outlaw OC and CC for years now because of OC. While it could happen I doubt it will, especially with Heller and McDonald behind us. Be vigilant yes, but lets not use hyperbole as our opponents do.

A Royal Oak City Commissioner referred to their 2 Resolutions as "spitting into the wind"...

DetroitBiker

In my opinion,carrying a rifle or shotgun slung over your shoulder to a public library is just asking for negative attention. The guns in public buildings issue has been a hot topic in the news this past year.A (few) cities or townships are asking law makers in Lansing for legislation to put the end to it. The more negative publicity they have to fuel their arguments,the worse off the open or concealed carriers chances to carry in these places will be.

There are more sheeple out in the public,then there is gun toteing freedom loving 2nd amenment supporters. If we portray ourselves in a positive light as everyday people just going about our business,the people sitting on the fence about the issue might just see the light.
But if a few over the top in your face kind of open carriers ,go around scaring the sh!t out of the public, looking like they are about to go postal with the scary carry long gun.
then the open carry movement just took two steps backwards.
Just my thoughts on the matter, Dennis
fixed it :p

Haman J.T.

Is that not the same that eveyone thought about oc before it became viewed so openly today before they became imformed and adjusted to it?
Absolutely! Anti's and some LEO's would bring up the "some inocent children might be hit with stray bullets" mantra!

emt232004

Neither is from oc a long arm it if from the arts guy and his fear of those who would oc pistols at his event thinking it would cause mass panic.