Thread: What do we do next?

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar

What do we do next?

OK, I have been bugging my legislators and passing out fliers and such. Should we organize some sort of event in Madison after the new legislature is sworn in? Other states have what they call 'lobby days' where people show up with empty holsters and visit with their legislators and remind them who they work for.

As Nik had said in another post, I have too much time on my hands and want to see what else I can do?

Like a Tea Party rally for carry....sure why not?
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

Quote Originally Posted by oak1971 View Post
    Like a Tea Party rally for carry....sure why not?
    Yeah, actually attending the last Tea party coalition meeting, their #2 priority is Constitutional Carry. They allege they have the legislation written for the top 5 and that Gunderson is considering it.

Score!

Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post
    Yeah, actually attending the last Tea party coalition meeting, their #2 priority is Constitutional Carry. They allege they have the legislation written for the top 5 and that Gunderson is considering it.
    Great News
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

As Nik had said in another post, I have too much time on my hands and want to see what else I can do?
    Start making phone calls. Find out who is against your organization. See what you can do for them to back you. You could promise man power to place and remove signs for the next election for instance.

You could start having regular meetings for all members, local politicians, and other rights orgs to attend.

Organize charity events for Make-A Wish or something.

Start collecting signatures for petitions or a letter writing campaign.

Compile a list of current state level leadership. Include contact info and districts and sticky it here. Include who is with your org and who is against.

Elect a new Chairman and board members.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Double post. Disregard.
    Last edited by oak1971; 12-16-2010 at 01:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    I do not think that is necessary.

It is not uncommon for rights organizations to have yearly elections.

Booth at gun shows, fairs, markets.

Start a fund for lobbying.
    Last edited by HandyHamlet; 12-15-2010 at 08:48 PM.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

A lobby day sounds like a great idea. Any idea when would be a good and productive time to do something like this?
    "To sin by silence, when we should protest makes cowards out of men."
    Ella Wheeler Cox

We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.

Organize charity events for Make-A Wish or something.
    Raise money for women's shelters for victimns of domestic violence and sexual assualt and educate them on thier right to carry. We could easily do more to stop violence agaisnt women that WAVE could dream of.
    Last edited by BROKENSPROKET; 12-16-2010 at 02:36 PM.

Banned
    This would be a Dougieism even if you are not Doug.

After all that the WCI leadership has done for us, who are you to say something like that?

What have you done for this cause?

McX
    I do not think that is necessary.
    agreed, one must learn in life; when something works, leave it the hell alone!

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    They do good work, and no one else is lining up to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    This would be a Dougieism even if you are not Doug.

After all that the WCI leadership has done for us, who are you to say something like that?

What have you done for this cause?
    I thought it sounded more like Gleason myself.
    Jim Burgess
    NRA Lifetime

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by comp45acp View Post
    The strange thing is that several guys have sworn that they know him but yah, more like Gleason I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    Just a suggestion. One of a few. Paul asked and I'm just throwing stuff out there.

I honestly have no idea how your organization is set up or what the offices are.
    Abraham Lincoln

Alexcabbie

Just a suggestion. One of a few. Paul asked and I'm just throwing stuff out there.

I honestly have no idea how your organization is set up or what the offices are.
    I don't know, but would like to.

Quote Originally Posted by comp45acp View Post
    I can say unequivocally that he is not Gleason or Doug. You may not agree with him, but that does not equate to a conspiracy on his part.

I don't think we should be replacing anyone in leadership now, maybe not ever. If anything we need more people to help those already doing the heavy lifting. That said, I know there may be differing opinions out there and that's life. Can't make everyone happy all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by oak1971 View Post
    I can say unequivocally that he is not Gleason or Doug. You may not agree with him, but that does not equate to a conspiracy on his part.
    Thanks for standing up for me guys but it is time to come clean.

I actually am Gleason. And Doug. There was this whole science lab, DNA, matter transfer thingy accident that happened. I could go into details but it was ugly and I really don't want to relive it. Especially just to appease some random tw*twaffle.

So here I am. Gleasoug. No. Dougson. No. GleaDougson.

If anything we need more people to help those already doing the heavy lifting.
    So... Does anyone have any suggestions for Paul?
    Abraham Lincoln

Alexcabbie