• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What do we do next?

paul@paul-fisher.com

OK, I have been bugging my legislators and passing out fliers and such. Should we organize some sort of event in Madison after the new legislature is sworn in? Other states have what they call 'lobby days' where people show up with empty holsters and visit with their legislators and remind them who they work for.

As Nik had said in another post, I have too much time on my hands and want to see what else I can do?

HandyHamlet

As Nik had said in another post, I have too much time on my hands and want to see what else I can do?

Start making phone calls. Find out who is against your organization. See what you can do for them to back you. You could promise man power to place and remove signs for the next election for instance.

You could start having regular meetings for all members, local politicians, and other rights orgs to attend.

Organize charity events for Make-A Wish or something.

Start collecting signatures for petitions or a letter writing campaign.

Compile a list of current state level leadership. Include contact info and districts and sticky it here. Include who is with your org and who is against.

Elect a new Chairman and board members.

HandyHamlet

It is not uncommon for rights organizations to have yearly elections.

Booth at gun shows, fairs, markets.

Start a fund for lobbying.

Last edited:

BROKENSPROKET

Organize charity events for Make-A Wish or something.

Raise money for women's shelters for victimns of domestic violence and sexual assualt and educate them on thier right to carry. We could easily do more to stop violence agaisnt women that WAVE could dream of.

Last edited:

HandyHamlet

agreed, one must learn in life; when something works, leave it the hell alone!

Just a suggestion. One of a few. Paul asked and I'm just throwing stuff out there.

I honestly have no idea how your organization is set up or what the offices are.

oak1971

I thought it sounded more like Gleason myself.

I can say unequivocally that he is not Gleason or Doug. You may not agree with him, but that does not equate to a conspiracy on his part.

I don't think we should be replacing anyone in leadership now, maybe not ever. If anything we need more people to help those already doing the heavy lifting. That said, I know there may be differing opinions out there and that's life. Can't make everyone happy all the time.

HandyHamlet

I can say unequivocally that he is not Gleason or Doug. You may not agree with him, but that does not equate to a conspiracy on his part.

Thanks for standing up for me guys but it is time to come clean.

I actually am Gleason. And Doug. There was this whole science lab, DNA, matter transfer thingy accident that happened. I could go into details but it was ugly and I really don't want to relive it. Especially just to appease some random tw*twaffle.

So here I am. Gleasoug. No. Dougson. No. GleaDougson.

If anything we need more people to help those already doing the heavy lifting.

So... Does anyone have any suggestions for Paul?