• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Merry Christmas from Tiger Valley

FMCDH

That bastard, he made her break a nail! ;-)

Glad she didn't keep her firearm it in her purse. About half the woman I know who carry keep it in their purse, normally buried. Lot of good it does carried like that, ALMOST as bad as leaving it at home.

Thx Jim.

FMCDH

LOL! It WAS in her purse! Watch again:D

Good call, I missed that she only dropped her shopping bag on the ground.

She got to it quick, so must have had it situated well. Gauging from the muzzle flash, I'm guessing that was a serious hot load. :eek:

Last edited:

Ruby

I carry in my gun purse (can't OC when working). It has a separate compartment with a holster that I can get to from the outside of the purse. I can get to it just as fast as I can with it in the holster.

FMCDH

I carry in my gun purse (can't OC when working). It has a separate compartment with a holster that I can get to from the outside of the purse. I can get to it just as fast as I can with it in the holster.

Nice thinking ahead Ruby.

My only concern in that case would be having the purse snatched away from you, or you being separated from it while your doing something else. Is there a reason you don't like a holster on your body aside from possible flashing while working?

Ruby

Nice thinking ahead Ruby.

My only concern in that case would be having the purse snatched away from you, or you being separated from it while your doing something else. Is there a reason you don't like a holster on your body aside from possible flashing while working?

I have my own house cleaning business and that includes cleaning bathrooms, where a gun, holster, etc. could get wet. I don't want my gun and holster exposed to all the chemicals and cleaning agents I use. Also, since I am in other peoples' homes, I can't just walk in wearing a gun on my hip. Some probably wouldn't care, but some would definitely freak out, making it harder for me to earn a living. After all, it is not MY home, it's theirs. These are not the kind of people that I could "educate" about guns. Since I like to be able to pay my bills and eat, I conceal.:lol: My purse stays pretty close to me when I am working and I have developed pretty good SA when I am out and about. Most of us have to make concessions from time to time in order to earn a living. I prefer OC, but can't when I am working. I have it better than some others here who can't have a gun with them at all because of their jobs. Thank you for your concern.

amzbrady

I have my own house cleaning business and that includes cleaning bathrooms, where a gun, holster, etc. could get wet. I don't want my gun and holster exposed to all the chemicals and cleaning agents I use. Also, since I am in other peoples' homes, I can't just walk in wearing a gun on my hip. Some probably wouldn't care, but some would definitely freak out, making it harder for me to earn a living. After all, it is not MY home, it's theirs. These are not the kind of people that I could "educate" about guns. Since I like to be able to pay my bills and eat, I conceal.:lol: My purse stays pretty close to me when I am working and I have developed pretty good SA when I am out and about. Most of us have to make concessions from time to time in order to earn a living. I prefer OC, but can't when I am working. I have it better than some others here who can't have a gun with them at all because of their jobs. Thank you for your concern.

Have you tried a fanny pack?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Typical blonde. Walks off leaving her spent brass. Now her husband can't reload it. :)

On a serious note, it would have been nice to see calling the police, rather than walking off.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
+ 1 call 911 and lawyer.

Get better training and don't travel dark, deserted streets alone.

crunch14

I have it better than some others here who can't have a gun with them at all because of their jobs. Thank you for your concern.

Amen, according to company policy I can't even carry when shopping at my employer off duty... thank you CPL. After a LONG layoff I'm just happy to have a job.

tannerwaterbury

that vid kinda reminds me of this one video I seen where this lady is in her house and she is hearing someone break in, so she calls the cops to tell them to hurry over, otherwise it will be too late. She hangs the phone up and picks up what looked like either an M-16 or M-4 Auto Rifle and blasted the S#!+ out of the burglar. Anyone have a link of that video?

sudden valley gunner

that vid kinda reminds me of this one video I seen where this lady is in her house and she is hearing someone break in, so she calls the cops to tell them to hurry over, otherwise it will be too late. She hangs the phone up and picks up what looked like either an M-16 or M-4 Auto Rifle and blasted the S#!+ out of the burglar. Anyone have a link of that video?

It's a commercial for a firearm dealer. It's floating around here somewhere.

FMCDH

Yea, I remember that one I think....I remember a hot blond, in her underwear....there was a gun in that one? ;-)

Ruby

Have you tried a fanny pack?

Yes, I have a fanny pack and the DW fits in it just fine. Still have a problem with the water when cleaning a shower; sometimes I do get wet. Fanny packs are very awkward in the winter under a coat; I do use it more in the warmer months. If I suddenly started wearing all the time in people's houses when I haven't been, my customers would wonder what is going on. No one suspects anything with me carrying my purse. As I said, I have to be careful, not everyone knows I carry. I appreciate the suggestions and concerns. There is no perfect solution.