• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What do you carry?

Dreamer

When the weather is nice:
Para Ordnance P-14.45 with extra mag, both in Coyote Tan Serpa kit.

When the weather is crappy, or I need to "lighten the load":
Glock 36 with extra mag, both in Black Serpa kit.

Both are loaded with 230gr. Federal HydraShok .45acp in the summer, 230gr. Winchester PDX-1 .45acp in the winter.

All the time:
--2 wallets (big one has credit cards, cash, and "frequent shopper" type cards, the other, smaller wallet has my DL and CHP and various range passes--this one is usually in my shirt pocket...)

--iPhone

--Gerber Vallotton "assisted opening" folder

--Wenger Swiss Army Evo 88 (it has scissors, a bottle opener, and tweezers)

--VCDL "Challenge Coin"

--NC Gun Rights brochures

--4gig Thumb Drive (with various files--gun related, as well as resume and digital portfolio)

--Sometimes I also have a Gerber Suspension multi tool in my pocket, or on my belt, if I'm going to need quick access to various basic tools

Last edited:

Northerner

I use to carry a Straight extendable Baton, till I needed it one night and it didnt want to extend.

My Chineese made 28" ASP (baton) expanded great, but kept going, falling into to two pieces. :uhoh: I have learned my lesson with Chineese made anything. I try to find Israeli made when possible.

Last edited:

edrolee

taurus PT1911B in a fobus roto-paddle
1 extra mag (Winchester PDX-1 230gr)
Gerber Paraframe
wallet
keys
small leather zip up change pouch (the reason behind this is i carry aprox. 10$ worth of silver change with me at all times and it got old dropping $1.50 every time i got my keys out of my pocket)
iPhone
fire (matches/lighter/ect)
cigar cutter

Dreamer

small leather zip up change pouch (the reason behind this is i carry aprox. 10$ worth of silver change with me at all times and it got old dropping $1.50 every time i got my keys out of my pocket)

Why do you carry so much change?

Last edited:

edrolee

i used to be a route salesman so i was getting a lot of drinks/food out of vending machines

and besides i rather use cash than plastic and i almost always have at LEAST 8$ in change in case of urgent need or i get caught short (and it practically makes a blackjack if things come to that)

rotorhead

So the question is what do you carry, And Im not just talking firearm, whats in your pockets?

I carry a Hi Point Model CF380 w. Federal PD .380 ACP JHP Ammo (8 Rounds) and an additional 10 rd clip of the same. In a Foubus Paddle hostler

carry_1.jpg

In my pockets I keep:

carry_2.jpg

My Wallet
A cell Phone
Keys (W/ spare personal Handcuff key and the key to the trigger lock for the firearm)
Cigerttes and A lighter
A Pen
A pouch of nitrile Medical gloves on my belt (Heck im a medic)

*When I OC or am working I carry a digital voice recorder

EDIT: Yeah I forgot I carry a ID Holder that fits on upper arm that holds various Certifications and ID's and I plan to Add a couple of OC pamplets soon

What about you?

Is that an inhaler with a pack of Camels? C'mon man, you can't go half way- pick one or the other and go for broke :)

Last edited:

.357Jedi

On my hip. Second hand police trade in Glock23 nicknamed scar due to the holster wear on the slide. Stuffed fulla 135 grain Federal jhp's.
In pockets.
Keys
loose change
Handkerchief
Swiss army knife i have had since 1988
Wallet

Sc0tt

What about What LOCATION do you carry?

Imagine you are standing in a clock facing 12, at what time on the clock do you carry?

With my fobous holster if im in a public place (like walmart) I carry between 2 or 230 or when I am just out and about I carry at 3.

What about you?

DocWest8404

(Depending on which one has ammo)
Right Hip:
Springfield Ultra-Compact 1911
or
S&W Sigma 9mm
Left Hip:
Double Mag Pouch with a spare mag and a leatherman
Back:
Wallet
IPhone clipped to the left front pocket
Buck 110 Folding Knife

Last edited:

sflem1039

I only CCW. I never open carry.

I carry Glock 19 (9mm) when clothing permits. Else, I carry Ruger LCP (.380 auto). I just bought a new Glock 23 (.40 S/W) that I plan to carry after I have broken it is and ensure I can accurately shoot it.

I had to get a crimson laser grip for my LCP because it is very difficult to obtain sight picture with it.

I tend to carry the Glock 19 IWB at 4 o'clock. I carry the LCP in pocket holster either in front pants pocket or inside coat jacket pocket.

Last edited:

Northerner

OD Glock 23, with extra Mag/belt clip
CC ambidextrous holster (small of back or crotch - truly concealed)
OC SERPA holster (RH 2-2:30)
Keys w/window center punch
Black Berry with recorder
Wallet (w/CHP)
Sun glasses
One round for +1 when I carry condition 1 (or zero for Glocks)

PS. I am finding it increasingly harder to OC with the colder weather, without looking like a tool.:D

Attachments

• What I Carry.jpg
    What I Carry.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 178
Last edited: