• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is Any One Else...Tired?

heliopolissolutions

People around me keep the line of 'fighting the good fight', and how I must keep to convictions and what not.
But...is it just me?
I'm tired.
Tired of getting asked to leave shops and restaurants, tired of getting shaken down by police, getting guns pointed at me, tired of having my time wasted, and my property seized. Tired of other gun owners turning their nose up to me, and calling my cause stupid. Tired of dates sighing when I get e-checked, tired of feeling scared of entering a schoolzone I can't see. Tired of feeling helpless and defenseless because no matter how much I train I can't be quicker than someone with a loaded gun. Tired of driving across town because closer retailers don't let my kind in.

Its easy to say, "stop open carrying, your not cut out for it, you don't believe enough", but its been 2 years, and I'm tired of carrying the torch everyone spits on. I've been committed, I'm STILL committed, I'll always be committed. I'm just...a little tired.

I can't possibly be the only one who feels this way, can I?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Gundude

In the year that I've been UOC'ing, I haven't had anyway near the bad experiences you described. I was asked to leave one place of business 6 months ago, and I had one (e) check, but only because I called the SDPD. (see meetup #8) I carried today at Albertsons and nothing happened. The difference may be that I live in San Diego county and the leo's are walking on eggs regarding UOC'ers.

AyatollahGondola

This OC thing has been a cake walk compared to the time, effort, and abuse I've logged in to the immigration law enforcement activism. 7 or so years now, and lots of expense, multiple assaults, some vandalism, and have been asked to leave someplace more times than I can remember. Still not tired of either, but have been beat down monetarily to near disastrous/crisis levels. That part I'm tired of.
Comparatively this OC action is still in the infancy for me, although it's been a couple years or so too. Well, maybe more..
Maybe you just need a vacation

ryanburbridge

Take a break if you can.

Thank you for what you do. I am new and have had some issues. Besides the cops what I deal with most is the family. My wife is very understanding. But when a five minute trip to the store takes an hour because I want to UOC it gets old. I pick and choose my battles with her. After UOC in CA and LOC in states where it is leagle it's hard to be unarmed. I have my gun with me 24-7 one way or another. Why would you not?

It's sad that the 9th circuit can deny a CCW because we can UOC. But UOC in CA is very difficult on a daily basis. Ten year sentence hanging over your head.

Take a break if you can.......stand to be unarmed.....

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Hear me on this one

I know that there's a rumor going around that I'm some sort of "concealed only" activist, but some people forget that I started the educative movement on OC in Washington State. A bit of sage advice from someone who's been there:

If you don't get enjoyment out of what you're doing, then you should take a break at a minimum. I've done it, and it's not waving a white flag at all.

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
It's sad that the 9th circuit can deny a CCW because we can UOC. But UOC in CA is very difficult on a daily basis. Ten year sentence hanging over your head.

It wasn't the 9th Circuit, it was the Southern District of California in a ruling against San Diego. Another case can be filed in Imperial County, get a different judge, and it comes to a different conclusion.

I'm working towards the day that PC12050 carry licenses are shall-issue, full LOC and the e-checks annihilated at the same time, and then, no license or fee needed for either method of carrying.

The only reason I don't UOC while in California is I believe the U part is an abomination and an affront. If you're going to be put through as much **** as you guys have gone through, it better be worth it, as in carrying loaded, but that of course is a crime, which is why I don't do it.

Last edited:

ryanburbridge

It wasn't the 9th Circuit, it was the Southern District of California in a ruling against San Diego. Another case can be filed in Imperial County, get a different judge, and it comes to a different conclusion.

I'm working towards the day that PC12050 carry licenses are shall-issue, full LOC and the e-checks annihilated at the same time, and then, no license or fee needed for either method of carrying.

The only reason I don't UOC while is I believe the U part is an abomination and an affront. If you're going to be put through as much **** as you guys have gone through, it better be worth it, as in carrying loaded, but that of course is a crime, which is why I don't do it.

Thank you for the correction.

teemgreen99

I get tired too especially those school zones but i wont give up. I too have taken a break before but I just cant seem to give up. Remember "they" want us to get tired and give up. So take a break if needed and then keep on carryin. I agree with ryanburbridge, its hard for me to carry so often and then put it away or not carry. Usually the only time Im not carrying is at work. I work as a butcher for Albertsons and my boss wont let me carry :(

NRAMARINE

This is exactly what the anti's want.They want to simply wear us down by not directly engaging until someone gets careless and slips up, then pounce. They rely on the indifference of the masses and our occasional fatigue. Take a break, reconoiter your strength and come back focused. We'll save you a seat.

Last edited: