Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OC: "Dumbest thing I could do"

OC: "Dumbest thing I could do"

This is according to Fred at Fletcher arms. Other than saying that someone was going to grab my firearm and shoot me or someone else, and that there were lots of OC gun grabs that go unreported, He wasn't bad. I guess he is there new instructor. We got to talking more about open carry/WCI and He mentioned Auric Gold being one of his top students and I was hoping A. Gold could recommend him or mention what kind of training he does well. I am interested in finding a good instructor on gun retention. Overall I like shopping at fletcher's and they had exactly what I was looking for today(LCR speedloader and some 9mm mags)
    I like GUNS

Huh? I need a translation for that first part.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

what needs to be clarified?
    I like GUNS

What was the dumbest thing you could do? Let someone get your gun?

open carry
    I like GUNS

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oak1971 View Post
    What was the dumbest thing you could do? Let someone get your gun?
    Quote Originally Posted by OCglock1988 View Post
    open carry

Too tired to give that lecture tonight. Can someone else please take this class?

Have early morning tight schedule and really hope this subject is well covered by the time I get back in the afternoon.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

WHAT? Open Carry is "Dumb"?

(Knocking head against the wall) - One might just wonder about a "firearms instructor" who has so little respect for the 2nd Amendment that his "instruction" is to tell people that Open Carry is dumb. It is sort of self-serving for somebody to say that there are so many unreported episodes of bad guys snatching guns from open carry people. I know if one of my guns was "liberated" by a bad guy, I would certainly report it.

And, yes, I encourage anyone with an interest in this subject to get training in gun retention.
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

Quote Originally Posted by OCglock1988 View Post
    open carry
    Sorry, I just couldn't believe he would be bashing OC. Rather absurd stance for a guy in his profession to take.

They are taking that stance because they're pushing for licensed CCW with mandatory training. For them it is all about the Benjamins...

how does he know there are so many gun grabs that go unreported if they are.... unreported?

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by apierce918 View Post
    how does he know there are so many
    gun grabs that go unreported if they are.... unreported?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

I'll have to talk with Fred. He does train with the police (forget which agency) and seems to be pretty knowledgable with rifles (especially ARs), but I've not talked with him much. I'm not sure why, but most of the guys at Fletchers prefer CC to OC. I have no idea why. And yet, they are the only firearms store in southeast WI that does not infringe upon our right to OC.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

"I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it."
    Clint Eastwood
    When in danger you can dial 911 and hope for the police to arrive a few minutes later armed with guns.
    Why do police carry guns?

The Joyce Foundation funded firearm control empire:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...lFundingR1.png

"Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see." - Martin Luther King Jr.

It's hard to believe that someone that should be pro 2nd would make a statement like that. But if he thinks that OC is "dumbest thing you can do", then for the moment and until CC is passed, there is no need in taking any of his classes! IMHO
    IF YOU WANT TO BURN OUR AMERICAN FLAG, PLEASE WRAP YOURSELF UP IN IT FIRST...

Banned
    I heard the "they will steal your gun" objection from Bill and Deb Whatstheirnames when I took their class for the MN permit.

Even though the class was conducted in WI he never mentioned OC the whole time and I had to force him to talk about it by asking pointed questions during the class.

McX
    i've been trying to grab springfield's 1911 for years now. he's onto me though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelevra View Post
    They are taking that stance because they're pushing for licensed CCW with mandatory training. For them it is all about the Benjamins...
    That will be the downfall of Constitutional Carry if all these "training" folks lobby hard enough in order to line their own pockets.

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    Are you sure you weren't grabbing something else?

McX
    nope, just want that gleaming 1911.

When I took training from PPA, the instructor said of open carry " it's like asking for a lead pipe to the back of your head". So the myth continues... He had no use for open carry and was in favor of only concealed carry.

Um, should ALL LE be carrying concealed too?

Be aware of your surroundings!

nope, just want that gleaming 1911.

You all should have seen him when I walked into his shop with my 1911 and my Deer Slayer !!!!

I dont know if its possible to pair bond with an inanimate object but he sure tried.

He even tried the Jedi Mind Trick !!!

LR Yote
    Last edited by LR Yote 312; 12-16-2010 at 02:36 PM.
    *NOTE: No Longer under the tyranny of Milwaukee County.

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    - Frank Outlaw

If this is the same guy that also teaches a class in Madison he has a guy I work with that took his class freaked out about open carry. He basically scared him into taking more of his classes because he was taught that he is not good enough with his firearm to carry. He might even have my coworker too freaked out to CC. He now seems to think if he's not trained like a navy seal he's not proficient enough to carry.

Quote Originally Posted by LR Yote 312 View Post
    You all should have seen him when I walked into his shop with my 1911 and my Deer Slayer !!!!

I dont know if its possible to pair bond with an inanimate object but he sure tried.

He even tried the Jedi Mind Trick !!!

LR Yote
    These are not the guns you're looking for....

Quote Originally Posted by Canard View Post
    If this is the same guy that also teaches a class in Madison he has a guy I work with that took his class freaked out about open carry. He basically scared him into taking more of his classes because he was taught that he is not good enough with his firearm to carry. He might even have my coworker too freaked out to CC. He now seems to think if he's not trained like a navy seal he's not proficient enough to carry.
    What a tool.

That will be the downfall of Constitutional Carry if all these "training" folks lobby hard enough in order to line their own pockets.
    We need to lobby harder than everyone else!
    WCI...........Member

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast