Thread: this is so wrong

this is so wrong

Right now, 12 states have mandatory "open carry," and 16 states are considered "open carry friendly," meaning the police won't stop someone for wearing a holstered firearm, according to OpenCarry.org.

http://trumbull.patch.com/articles/h...-pistol-yankee

Banned
    The reporter needs to visit this site and get the straight skinny, supported by actual citations of the law.

I was saddened to learn, when I read the article, that Alabama does not allow open carry.

I wish I could make unsubstantiated, patently false claims that were accepted as fact...
    "They don't give a damn about any trumpet playing band
    It ain't what they call rock and roll
    And the Sultans...
    Yeah the Sultans, they play Creole"

OCDO Member
    NCGO Member

When are folks going to start realizing that a person whose handgun is calmly resting in a holster is probably not intent on mischief?

It's the bozo with the gun in their hand that you need to worry about.

Or, can I start doing the ZOMG disaster dance when I see someone with a set of keys clipped to their belt, shouting that they are going to kill us all with their car? Or the grandmothers with their big purses who are going to bean us over the head with those buldgeons?

And as for "mandatory OC" - I'm as much against that as I am against "mandatory CC". My gun, my rightbto choose how I tote it.

stay safe.

Quote Originally Posted by sultan62 View Post
    I wish I could make unsubstantiated, patently false claims that were accepted as fact...
    Go work for the Brady Bunch.
    They get to do it all the time, & get paid for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    Go work for the Brady Bunch.
    They get to do it all the time, & get paid for it.
    And for anyone else it would be called FRAUD!

Sensationalism. People use it to sell a story or some other sad tale. When you see any anti-gun group using some "victim", you will find this at the heart of their campaign. "See John Doe...he was shot 6 times by a gunman using cop killer bullets. He is here to tell you that more laws would have prevented this. For his next miracle, watch him create a loop hole out of thin air."

Nice spin there. Invent some terms, claim that 20,001 gun laws would have prevented this instead of 20,000 gun laws. SENSATIONALISM

OC/CC are personal choices. I like my steak medium rare. Do I need to be told that well done is the acceptable way to have my steak cooked? No. Carrying a weapon is a right, CC or OC are just modes to exercise that right.

Quote Originally Posted by palerider116
    I like my steak medium rare. Do I need to be told that well done is the acceptable way to have my steak cooked? No. Carrying a weapon is a right, CC or OC are just modes to exercise that right.
    No, no, no - the point is that you shouldn't be eating steak at all! It's Bad For You. You should be eating fish that are high in omega-3 fatty acids (carry pepper spray), or better yet skip the animals and eat tofu (be unarmed, because criminals won't hurt people who are unarmed).

That being said, when I eat steak I like it rare, I like salmon a lot (both sushi & cooked), and yes, I even eat tofu.
    But then we're back to that choice thingy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    No, no, no - the point is that you shouldn't be eating steak at all! It's Bad For You. You should be eating fish that are high in omega-3 fatty acids (carry pepper spray), or better yet skip the animals and eat tofu (be unarmed, because criminals won't hurt people who are unarmed).

That being said, when I eat steak I like it rare, I like salmon a lot (both sushi & cooked), and yes, I even eat tofu.
    But then we're back to that choice thingy.
    OC is raw gun ownership. It may not be the choice for some, but to others, its fantastic!

+1000 on rare steak and raw salmon (sushi and sashimi)

Quote Originally Posted by palerider116 View Post
    OC/CC are personal choices. I like my steak medium rare. Do I need to be told that well done is the acceptable way to have my steak cooked? No. Carrying a weapon is a right, CC or OC are just modes to exercise that right.
    What worries me about your eating habits is that you could eat undercooked food that makes you violently ill. What happens if you are behind the wheel of an automobile and have an adverse reaction to your undercooked food choice and end up putting your lovely family or some other traveling family in danger? We need to prevent this from ever happening. Think of the children.

What?????

Charges are sometimes dismissed after the defendant appears in court and pays applicable court fees.
    Wait, if it is allowed by law, why are they being arrested, appearing in court AND paying court costs???
    Last edited by rsandman_2000; 12-19-2010 at 12:48 AM. Reason: fat fingered the return key.... :(

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by MK View Post
    What worries me about your eating habits is that you could eat undercooked food that makes you violently ill. What happens if you are behind the wheel of an automobile and have an adverse reaction to your undercooked food choice and end up putting your lovely family or some other traveling family in danger? We need to prevent this from ever happening. Think of the children.
    MK, this is clearly a case of regulating interstate commerce, and therefore legal and desirable

coolfrmn
    Quote Originally Posted by palerider116 View Post
    OC is raw gun ownership. It may not be the choice for some, but to others, its fantastic!
    Me likey the way you thinkey.

GIVE ME OPTIONS OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rsandman_2000 View Post
    Charges are sometimes dismissed after the defendant appears in court and pays applicable court fees.
    Wait, if it is allowed by law, why are they being arrested, appearing in court AND paying court costs???
    That question was asked decades ago in Washington state, the result of which lead to the state paying all court and reasonable attorney fees should anyone be wrongly charged for shooting another in self-defense.

I'm with you - if the state's so dang sure they're in the right to require someone to spend their hard-earned time and money defending against fraudulent (ridiculous) charges, they can just dang well cough up the funds for that citizen to do so.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.