• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

this is so wrong

eye95

The reporter needs to visit this site and get the straight skinny, supported by actual citations of the law.

I was saddened to learn, when I read the article, that Alabama does not allow open carry. :rolleyes:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
When are folks going to start realizing that a person whose handgun is calmly resting in a holster is probably not intent on mischief?

It's the bozo with the gun in their hand that you need to worry about.

Or, can I start doing the ZOMG disaster dance when I see someone with a set of keys clipped to their belt, shouting that they are going to kill us all with their car? Or the grandmothers with their big purses who are going to bean us over the head with those buldgeons?

And as for "mandatory OC" - I'm as much against that as I am against "mandatory CC". My gun, my rightbto choose how I tote it.

stay safe.

palerider116

Sensationalism. People use it to sell a story or some other sad tale. When you see any anti-gun group using some "victim", you will find this at the heart of their campaign. "See John Doe...he was shot 6 times by a gunman using cop killer bullets. He is here to tell you that more laws would have prevented this. For his next miracle, watch him create a loop hole out of thin air."

:exclaim: Nice spin there. Invent some terms, claim that 20,001 gun laws would have prevented this instead of 20,000 gun laws. SENSATIONALISM

OC/CC are personal choices. I like my steak medium rare. Do I need to be told that well done is the acceptable way to have my steak cooked? No. Carrying a weapon is a right, CC or OC are just modes to exercise that right.

MKEgal

palerider116 said:
I like my steak medium rare. Do I need to be told that well done is the acceptable way to have my steak cooked? No. Carrying a weapon is a right, CC or OC are just modes to exercise that right.

No, no, no - the point is that you shouldn't be eating steak at all! It's Bad For You. You should be eating fish that are high in omega-3 fatty acids (carry pepper spray), or better yet skip the animals and eat tofu (be unarmed, because criminals won't hurt people who are unarmed).

That being said, when I eat steak I like it rare, I like salmon a lot (both sushi & cooked), and yes, I even eat tofu.
But then we're back to that choice thingy.

palerider116

No, no, no - the point is that you shouldn't be eating steak at all! It's Bad For You. You should be eating fish that are high in omega-3 fatty acids (carry pepper spray), or better yet skip the animals and eat tofu (be unarmed, because criminals won't hurt people who are unarmed).

That being said, when I eat steak I like it rare, I like salmon a lot (both sushi & cooked), and yes, I even eat tofu.
But then we're back to that choice thingy.

:lol: OC is raw gun ownership. It may not be the choice for some, but to others, its fantastic!

+1000 on rare steak and raw salmon (sushi and sashimi)

MK

OC/CC are personal choices. I like my steak medium rare. Do I need to be told that well done is the acceptable way to have my steak cooked? No. Carrying a weapon is a right, CC or OC are just modes to exercise that right.

What worries me about your eating habits is that you could eat undercooked food that makes you violently ill. What happens if you are behind the wheel of an automobile and have an adverse reaction to your undercooked food choice and end up putting your lovely family or some other traveling family in danger? We need to prevent this from ever happening. Think of the children.

rsandman_2000

What?????

Charges are sometimes dismissed after the defendant appears in court and pays applicable court fees.
Wait, if it is allowed by law, why are they being arrested, appearing in court AND paying court costs???

Last edited:

riverrat10k

What worries me about your eating habits is that you could eat undercooked food that makes you violently ill. What happens if you are behind the wheel of an automobile and have an adverse reaction to your undercooked food choice and end up putting your lovely family or some other traveling family in danger? We need to prevent this from ever happening. Think of the children.

MK, this is clearly a case of regulating interstate commerce, and therefore legal and desirable

since9

Campaign Veteran
Charges are sometimes dismissed after the defendant appears in court and pays applicable court fees.
Wait, if it is allowed by law, why are they being arrested, appearing in court AND paying court costs???

That question was asked decades ago in Washington state, the result of which lead to the state paying all court and reasonable attorney fees should anyone be wrongly charged for shooting another in self-defense.

I'm with you - if the state's so dang sure they're in the right to require someone to spend their hard-earned time and money defending against fraudulent (ridiculous) charges, they can just dang well cough up the funds for that citizen to do so.