• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Orange county meet up last night 12-15-10

OC KIMBER

The Orange County meet last night was great we had four open carry and for friendly witness’s. We started off with a good dinner at TGI Friday’s with out incident then we walked over to the Block for some Christmas shopping, bought some gifts, some after dinner cigars and had our pictures taken with Santa. Santa was very cool and had no problem with are guns. At the vary end as we were about to leave the property we were greeted by Orange PD finest And I do say this without sarcasm as they were friendly and professional they did want to do a 12031 E check which we consented to after we told them it was optional and they did not have to do it. Afterwards we had about a 3 min conversation with them about open carry and glock vs. 1911 which I carry and then they said good night to us, No checking or even requesting of I.D no running of serial numbers all in all a minimally invasive stop. Sorry we had a major malfunction of all three video cams so there will be no video of this incident.

ryanburbridge

Any audio?

Sounds like a good event. Were the LEOs called or just hapen to see you? Did they approach you using concealment and cover tactics? Did only the LEOs handle the firearms? (unholster and reholster) hand out any info to them? Did you ask them what kind of training they have received on UOC?

Can't wait to hear.

OC KIMBER

Any audio?

Sounds like a good event. Were the LEOs called or just hapen to see you? Did they approach you using concealment and cover tactics? Did only the LEOs handle the firearms? (unholster and reholster) hand out any info to them? Did you ask them what kind of training they have received on UOC?

Can't wait to hear.

They told us that there are always some leo's there when the mall is open they got wind of us from security and an off duty leo working security in one of the stores we went into, they did not use any tactical approch on us they just walked right up to us and yes they were the only ones that handled the guns they tried to hand mine back to me but I refused and asked them to reholster it for me. We did not hand out any literature as they were versed in the law, I did not think to ask them about any training as they seemed to know what was going on. I can tell you this the guy that was on the forum a couple of weeks ago that got hassled there, they did not have good things to say about him, but with us they were cool. After the they e checked us the leo in charge gave two thumbs up to the crowd that had gathered and told them all there was no problem. I can't believe we don't have that on video!

hgreen

They told us that there are always some leo's there when the mall is open they got wind of us from security and an off duty leo working security in one of the stores we went into, they did not use any tactical approch on us they just walked right up to us and yes they were the only ones that handled the guns they tried to hand mine back to me but I refused and asked them to reholster it for me. We did not hand out any literature as they were versed in the law, I did not think to ask them about any training as they seemed to know what was going on. I can tell you this the guy that was on the forum a couple of weeks ago that got hassled there, they did not have good things to say about him, but with us they were cool. After the they e checked us the leo in charge gave two thumbs up to the crowd that had gathered and told them all there was no problem. I can't believe we don't have that on video!

When OCing you need to follow the flashlight rule, but with video cameras. Always carry one more than you think you'll need...

ryanburbridge

I can tell you this the guy that was on the forum a couple of weeks ago that got hassled there, they did not have good things to say about him,

Do you mean xnetc9? The one who says he was fingerprinted on the spot and gave any and all info to the LEO? Then had his thread deleted because of a possible lawsuit? If yes what did the cops say? Please explain.

chewy352

"Sorry we had a major malfunction of all three video cams so there will be no video of this incident. " - OC KIMBER

"When OCing you need to follow the flashlight rule, but with video cameras. Always carry one more than you think you'll need... " - hgreen

They had three with only eight people. I'd say they had more than needed. Sometimes Sh!# happens.

Sounds like you had a good event OC KIMBER. "e" checks suck but it's nice to see LEOs leave it at just that and not ask for ID or lecture.

Last edited:

OC KIMBER

Do you mean xnetc9? The one who says he was fingerprinted on the spot and gave any and all info to the LEO? Then had his thread deleted because of a possible lawsuit? If yes what did the cops say? Please explain.

I am not going to open that can of worms here on a public forum, next time I see you I'll tell you about it. I have not checked my recorder to see if it's on there he was furthest from me when he was talking about it, one of the others should have it on there's

ryanburbridge

I am not going to open that can of worms here on a public forum, next time I see you I'll tell you about it. I have not checked my recorder to see if it's on there he was furthest from me when he was talking about it, one of the others should have it on there's

Fair enough. Did not mean to pry just curious.