• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NRA to Push Aggressive Legislative Agenda During Wisconsin's 2011 Legislative Session

oak1971

Were were those fuzzers the last 10 years while we suffered under liberal tyranny? Now they show up and claim victory for what we did? Homey don't play that.

Last edited:

oak1971

I'm thrilled that we have their blessing now. Whatever would we have done?

Oh well, better late than never.

protias

No they do not want to help they want to come in to Wisconsin and push their agenda of permits and training.

Constitutional Carry means no training. Besides, if there is no permit, how are police going to know if one is "trained" or not?

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
Although I'm usually pretty cynical regarding the motives of the NRA in this case it truly seems they are going to be on our side.

I think they were sick of signing on late to stuff and getting called for it like in Heller v. D.C. and McDonald. A lot of people were starting to see that it was other organizations that were really pushing the ball forward and the NRA jumping on the bandwagon. Not that they aren't jumping on the bandwagon again but at least they are doing it sooner rather than later.

They've become more reactionary of late and it's my guess that they are trying to remedy that. If they are truly with us on this, which it seems they are, there isn't much better (or bigger) help we could get.

Keep being skeptical but don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Let's see where this goes.

RR_Broccoli

Personally I don't give a flying **** who gets the credit. Let's just get it done!

+1

Yes. This is not some copyright battle where one wins a check for $63.45 every year (depending on trailing off sales).

If SOMEBODY wins Constitutional Carry with permit for reciprocity. We ALL win.

polekat

We all need to forget the past and stand shoulder to shoulder to get the best possible deal.

We need to continue to send snail mail, emails and make phone calls to our reps.

Now is not the time to let up or let anyone else carry the load we can help with.

Now is the time to push harder than ever.

We need to be relentless.

paul@paul-fisher.com

We all need to forget the past and stand shoulder to shoulder to get the best possible deal.

We need to continue to send snail mail, emails and make phone calls to our reps.

Now is not the time to let up or let anyone else carry the load we can help with.

Now is the time to push harder than ever.

We need to be relentless.

Damn straight! I have emailed and/or stopped by my legislators office every week. I have also emailed the NRA every week. Keep all of their feet to the fire. Tell them what you WANT, not what you accept and hopefully they will get you what you will accept.

They ALL work for us, without us they are nothing. The NRA gets their power from us. Push, push, push!

Be polite but be firm. Don't make it personal, be logical. Refute their arguments with well thought out facts or opinions.

BROKENSPROKET

Here is my 'suspicion' to the NRA's motives.

They claim to lobby for Cont. Carry, with the addition of an optional permit for reciprocity.

Walker said he will sign whatever hits his desk.

That optional permit will get hammered into a mandatory permit before it gets to Walker.

All are Rebulicans in office will claim this is the best deal we could get.

The writing is on the wall. Does not anyone else see it?

LR Yote 312

That optional permit will get hammered into a mandatory permit before it gets to Walker.

I am afraid this is the way its gonna go as well.....

I say screw the permit....Give us Const. Carry...its on the individual if they are to carry in another State to get a permit.

Visitors permits should be recognized....any visitor concealed carrying without a permit gets charged...

There is no need to kowtow down to other States levels. Let the other States step up to us.

LR Yote

Last edited:
M

McX

I am afraid this is the way its gonna go as well.....

I say screw the permit....Give us Const. Carry...its on the individual if they are to carry in another State to get a permit.

Visitors permits should be recognized....any visitor concealed carrying without a permit gets charged...

There is no need to kowtow down to other States levels. Let the other States step up to us.

LR Yote

did someone say my name here?!!! PERMITS???!!! WE DONT NEED NO STEENKIN PERMITS- TO ExERCISE A RIGHT!!!!