Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: National Open Carry Dinner Day

National Open Carry Dinner Day

I don't know if you guys have been following this in general discussion, but there is talk of organizing simultaneous meet and greets nationally. I know we do this every month now,at least on the KC side, but I would love to participate. The current date, which seems to have stuck is May 1st (Sunday). The goal is of course activism and media coverage. So, what do you all think? I know this is pretty advanced notice, but if this plan sticks we can begin to organize the specifics for the MO Nation OC Day meet.
    Tiocfaidh Ar La

Regular Member sohighlyunlikely's Avatar
    I would gladly get the St Louis OC group together to do one on this side of MO. We have been doing OC pizza night once or twice a month anyway. Though lately I hadn't been putting out public invites.

Doc

Quote Originally Posted by sohighlyunlikely View Post
    I would gladly get the St Louis OC group together to do one on this side of MO. We have been doing OC pizza night once or twice a month anyway. Though lately I hadn't been putting out public invites.

Doc
    It would be cool to get the STL and KC side together for one large meet. Maybe in Jeff City or something. What do you think?
    Tiocfaidh Ar La

Sounds good to me ..if i'm able to get there , i'm there !!

I think it would be great if we could all make it?

sounds good to me

Sounds like a wonderful idea! I would be more than happy to participate in Southern MO.
    The responsibility is ours, the results, GODS

I have been following that thread as well. Sounds like a great idea and I'll be there.

It would be cool to get STL and KC together. But whatever we do, I'm game.

Regular Member sohighlyunlikely's Avatar
    There are about a dozen or so that attend open carry events here in St Louis, but I would estimate that there would only be 3 or 4 out of that crowd that would make the 2 hour trip to Jeff City. But I may be wrong. Now would be a good time for them to speak up.

Doc

I'd be very interested in a dinner, and wouldn't mind making the trip to JC.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiangShih View Post
    It would be cool to get the STL and KC side together for one large meet. Maybe in Jeff City or something. What do you think?
    I would be more than happy to make the trip to Jeff City for that. Sounds like a great time. Hope for a good turn out.

I'd love to have open carry picnic in Springfield,MO

I'm definitely down for a road trip, and maybe a buddy or two as well.

JC sounds good to me.

Question Jeff City

You are better versed than I.... Is Jeff City an OC City?

There are about a dozen or so that attend open carry events here in St Louis, but I would estimate that there would only be 3 or 4 out of that crowd that would make the 2 hour trip to Jeff City. But I may be wrong. Now would be a good time for them to speak up.

Doc
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

Going to JC is cool,love to meet the St.Louis group!
    Psalm 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Psalm 144:2 My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me. Pro 14:15 The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going.

i live in st louis. i would not be against taking a 2 hr trip. that about what i take for hunting or fishing.

Doc
    Soem one needs to come up with a date and place... Weekend s are best, deal me in.
    Last edited by mspgunner; 01-31-2011 at 03:32 PM.
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!

Missouri Gun Day

Well, as far as I can tell, the "national" aspect of this day has kind of faltered. The original thread and motivation behind the original intended event has ground to a halt. This doesn't mean we cant organize a state wide event. In fact, there is supposed to be a large 2A get together in Jeff City on April 6th. That is the date Missouri Gun Day is supposed to be held this year.

Here is the missouricarry.com link:
    http://www.missouricarry.com/forums/...ad.php?t=57907

I think it would be good to get as many OC members together for this event. I wanted to contact some of the event organizers and see if we couldn't get some speaking time for Missouri Open Carry.

What do you guys think?
    Tiocfaidh Ar La

Exclamation

Well, as far as I can tell, the "national" aspect of this day has kind of faltered. The original thread and motivation behind the original intended event has ground to a halt. This doesn't mean we cant organize a state wide event. In fact, there is supposed to be a large 2A get together in Jeff City on April 6th. That is the date Missouri Gun Day is supposed to be held this year.

Here is the missouricarry.com link:
    http://www.missouricarry.com/forums/...ad.php?t=57907

I think it would be good to get as many OC members together for this event. I wanted to contact some of the event organizers and see if we couldn't get some speaking time for Missouri Open Carry.

What do you guys think?
    It is their event, their permit and their time. They have been doing this for years. I know these folks, they worked hard to get CCW in Missouri. OC is just one of a whole bunch of things different folks and different groups want in relation to 2A rights. Rightfully so, I do not think they will be receptive to your request. Look at all the things on discussion sites people want changed in the Missouri Statutes. I'm not posting a laundry list, they are out there.

Quote Originally Posted by mspgunner View Post
    It is their event, their permit and their time. They have been doing this for years. I know these folks, they worked hard to get CCW in Missouri. OC is just one of a whole bunch of things different folks and different groups want in relation to 2A rights. Rightfully so, I do not think they will be receptive to your request. Look at all the things on discussion sites people want changed in the Missouri Statutes. I'm not posting a laundry list, they are out there.
    Well, I don't see such a clear division, I am also a CCW holder and obviously a MissouriCarry.com member. As we are all avid 2A supporters and their goals are effectively our goals, so I don't see why they wouldn't offer a short speaking section. Also, if we show up with large numbers I'm sure they'll appreciate the support. Even if you are right and they don't have time for any additional speakers, I think it is still a good day to show up in support of gun day.
    Tiocfaidh Ar La

Well, I don't see such a clear division, I am also a CCW holder and obviously a MissouriCarry.com member. As we are all avid 2A supporters and their goals are effectively our goals, so I don't see why they wouldn't offer a short speaking section. Also, if we show up with large numbers I'm sure they'll appreciate the support. Even if you are right and they don't have time for any additional speakers, I think it is still a good day to show up in support of gun day.
    I agree with the last part, the more who show the better! As to the first part, once again, it is "their event". Contact them. I am not a board member, nor do I speak for The Missouri Sports Shooters Association.

It's sounds like a good idea. I wouldn't mind getting to know other sects of the Missouri open carry movement. Count me in.
    The God of War hates those who hesitate. - Euripides

Being new here. I would love to meet with other gun owners and have a get together!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony4310 View Post
    Being new here. I would love to meet with other gun owners and have a get together!
    Subway 12370 Natural Bridge Sunday 2/27/11 @ 12:30PM! Many will be there, 4 or 5 any way. You can tell it's us, we'll be armed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast