• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

National Open Carry Dinner Day

ChiangShih

I don't know if you guys have been following this in general discussion, but there is talk of organizing simultaneous meet and greets nationally. I know we do this every month now,at least on the KC side, but I would love to participate. The current date, which seems to have stuck is May 1st (Sunday). The goal is of course activism and media coverage. So, what do you all think? I know this is pretty advanced notice, but if this plan sticks we can begin to organize the specifics for the MO Nation OC Day meet.

sohighlyunlikely

I would gladly get the St Louis OC group together to do one on this side of MO. We have been doing OC pizza night once or twice a month anyway. Though lately I hadn't been putting out public invites.

Doc

ChiangShih

I would gladly get the St Louis OC group together to do one on this side of MO. We have been doing OC pizza night once or twice a month anyway. Though lately I hadn't been putting out public invites.

Doc

It would be cool to get the STL and KC side together for one large meet. Maybe in Jeff City or something. What do you think?

Big Boy

I have been following that thread as well. Sounds like a great idea and I'll be there.

It would be cool to get STL and KC together. But whatever we do, I'm game.

sohighlyunlikely

There are about a dozen or so that attend open carry events here in St Louis, but I would estimate that there would only be 3 or 4 out of that crowd that would make the 2 hour trip to Jeff City. But I may be wrong. Now would be a good time for them to speak up.

Doc

mspgunner

Jeff City

You are better versed than I.... Is Jeff City an OC City?

There are about a dozen or so that attend open carry events here in St Louis, but I would estimate that there would only be 3 or 4 out of that crowd that would make the 2 hour trip to Jeff City. But I may be wrong. Now would be a good time for them to speak up.

Doc

kylemoul

i live in st louis. i would not be against taking a 2 hr trip. that about what i take for hunting or fishing.

mspgunner

Doc
Soem one needs to come up with a date and place... Weekend s are best, deal me in.

Last edited:

ChiangShih

Missouri Gun Day

Well, as far as I can tell, the "national" aspect of this day has kind of faltered. The original thread and motivation behind the original intended event has ground to a halt. This doesn't mean we cant organize a state wide event. In fact, there is supposed to be a large 2A get together in Jeff City on April 6th. That is the date Missouri Gun Day is supposed to be held this year.

Here is the missouricarry.com link:
http://www.missouricarry.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57907

I think it would be good to get as many OC members together for this event. I wanted to contact some of the event organizers and see if we couldn't get some speaking time for Missouri Open Carry.

What do you guys think?

mspgunner

Well, as far as I can tell, the "national" aspect of this day has kind of faltered. The original thread and motivation behind the original intended event has ground to a halt. This doesn't mean we cant organize a state wide event. In fact, there is supposed to be a large 2A get together in Jeff City on April 6th. That is the date Missouri Gun Day is supposed to be held this year.

Here is the missouricarry.com link:
http://www.missouricarry.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57907

I think it would be good to get as many OC members together for this event. I wanted to contact some of the event organizers and see if we couldn't get some speaking time for Missouri Open Carry.

What do you guys think?

It is their event, their permit and their time. They have been doing this for years. I know these folks, they worked hard to get CCW in Missouri. OC is just one of a whole bunch of things different folks and different groups want in relation to 2A rights. Rightfully so, I do not think they will be receptive to your request. Look at all the things on discussion sites people want changed in the Missouri Statutes. I'm not posting a laundry list, they are out there.