• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Stopped at the Covington Walmart

Beretta92FSLady

The guy couldn't even look me in the eye. He was standing there looking at the ground, talking incredibly nervously,

It makes sense he was scared, he was tasked to go talk to the guy with the gun...he is without a gun, and is probably scared of guns because of years of brainwashing. I figure a person is nervous because they assume that I am a criminal waiting to go off on someone and they don't want it to be them.

He should have stayed a bit more clear of your strong side, maybe you should recommend that to the management.

Last week when I was at Wally-world the guy at the door pushed me down to the ground, and of course I was armed, but he didn't know that. The "oh sh*t" look on his face when he found out I was armed will give him something to think about while he is looking for another job.

Last edited:

amlevin

He should have stayed a bit more clear of your strong side, maybe you should recommend that to the management.

Why? If I were this person, and I wanted to see what your intentions were I think I might just do the same and be "on your strong side". That way I know where the weapon and your hand is at all times. On the other side your actions toward your firearm are shielded. If I wanted to stop you from deploying your firearm why would I want to be on your weak side and give you all the advantage? Just wondering what the employee did wrong from that standpoint.

Aaron1124

Why? If I were this person, and I wanted to see what your intentions were I think I might just do the same and be "on your strong side". That way I know where the weapon and your hand is at all times. On the other side your actions toward your firearm are shielded. If I wanted to stop you from deploying your firearm why would I want to be on your weak side and give you all the advantage? Just wondering what the employee did wrong from that standpoint.

The issue was he approached me that closely, without identifying who he was. He waited a good few seconds before he stated what his intentions were.

Beretta92FSLady

What business is it what the OP'rs intentions are when they are carrying...if they are standing in line, minding their own business, purchasing an item(s)?

I think that the aggressor of the situation is the employee. Walking up close to someone who is armed, close to their strong side...would cause me to raise my threat level, someone encroaching in on my personal space. I could see how there would be worry about an attempted gun-grab situation.

Why would you be stopping the OP'r from deploying their firearm...what indication did the OP'r give that they were preparing to draw their sidearm while standing in line to purchase item(s)?

Since when is standing in line minding your own business justification for encroaching said persons space and warranting alarm for the carrier?

The employee should have called the police if they were that worried, or just minded their own business.

I am interested in what your response would be if you were standing in line minding your own business and next thing you knew someone was standing very close to you, on your strong side. I would be telling them to step away from me immediately and then we could talk.

Last edited:

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Lacey

Never had a problem at the Lacey Walmart. Matter of fact the other day an employee in the outdoor/gun dept. rushed over toward me to ask if my gun was a Ruger. I said no it was a Taurus, and he said "oh ok it looked like my Ruger".

Aaron1124

I encourage people to OC at the Covington Walmart, if they live close enough. I am curious if he's going to continue asking people for their CPL's, despite what I informed him of.

kenzmad

I encourage people to OC at the Covington Walmart, if they live close enough. I am curious if he's going to continue asking people for their CPL's, despite what I informed him of.

I OC there on a bi weekly basis. I have never had an issue but will for sure post if I do. what time of the day did this happen? i want to make sure that he is "on duty"

kenzmad

amzbrady

Would they follow up if one had a fear of paper products or household cleaners? Cause there's some in nearly every basket going thru Wal-Mart. Just like there are guns for sale in Wal-Mart. I feel a phobia to TP, paper towels, and household cleaners coming on. Could every shopper conceal those please? <sarcasm off>

I have a fear of people in blue vest's. I wonder if they would make tham all leave?

amzbrady

At what point did you know for sure it was a wally world employee?

I also have to wonder at what point would drawing your weapon had been acceptable? How big of a gash, or how many times do you have to be hit or pushed before self defense with firearm is acceptable/warrented? Do we not carry to defend ourselves from just this type of instance? If someone is employed by the store you are being attacked at, does that allow them imunity?

berettalady, you would probably be hardpressed to find a lawyer that would NOT jump at a chance to represent you and take your case on contingency.

Last edited: