• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lawsuits from detaining open carry persons in VA Beach

Mike Frye

Hey guys, just curious have there been any instances where people have sued and won in OC cases in VA Beach. I pray that I will not have any bad encounters with LE but if I do I want to be well compensated for my unwaranted trouble.:exclaim:

palerider116

As far as I can recall, Hampton and Norfolk have doled out some money. I can't recall any suits mentioned on OCDO involving VA Beach.

As for lawsuits, I have mixed feelings on this issue. Yes, there needs to be compensation/correction, but rather doling out the taxpayers' money to pay for a screw up, tax exemption for X amount of years would be fairer and you'd probably get more money.

TFred

Hey guys, just curious have there been any instances where people have sued and won in OC cases in VA Beach. I pray that I will not have any bad encounters with LE but if I do I want to be well compensated for my unwaranted trouble.:exclaim:
Just a heads up for you here... this post is metaphorically like you standing in a lightning storm, with an open bucket of gasoline, holding a candle, wearing a sign that says "please hit me".

In plain English, you better put on your flame suit.

You won't find many people on these forums eager to embrace such an attitude. Generally we are interested in exercising and preserving the right to OC unencumbered, not in searching out places where we can make a buck in the process. Now there is passion, obviously, but it is not driven by the desire to score a big payday, it is driven by the desire for our government employees to treat us all correctly, and when necessary, to be punished in the only way they and their bosses understand when they do not.

Ask anyone who has been through it, even if they have happened to have been compensated, was it worth it... I bet most will say it was worth it for being found right, but not for the money.

Plus you've already posted a second thread describing an encounter that you appear to believe might yield such a payday. Seems fairly obvious that your motives here might come into question.

Just my two cents... maybe you should read a bit more to get a better feel for what's going on here.

TFred

palerider116

+1 TFred

OC is not just about a right. Its a reboot of this country to a more civil period of time where the good guy wore his weapon in plain sight and justice was pure.

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
Just a heads up for you here... this post is metaphorically like you standing in a lightning storm, with an open bucket of gasoline, holding a candle, wearing a sign that says "please hit me".

In plain English, you better put on your flame suit.

You won't find many people on these forums eager to embrace such an attitude. Generally we are interested in exercising and preserving the right to OC unencumbered, not in searching out places where we can make a buck in the process. Now there is passion, obviously, but it is not driven by the desire to score a big payday, it is driven by the desire for our government employees to treat us all correctly, and when necessary, to be punished in the only way they and their bosses understand when they do not.

Ask anyone who has been through it, even if they have happened to have been compensated, was it worth it... I bet most will say it was worth it for being found right, but not for the money.

Plus you've already posted a second thread describing an encounter that you appear to believe might yield such a payday. Seems fairly obvious that your motives here might come into question.

Just my two cents... maybe you should read a bit more to get a better feel for what's going on here.

TFred

+1000 What TFred said.

Why ask about the potential windfall before you have ever had a problem? Me thinks somethng smells rotten here.