• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Attendance needed in Taylor 12/20 and 12/21

scot623

It has been conveyed to a member of MOC by an official in Taylor that it would be in the best interest of Open Carriers to address Taylor about their terribly written ordinance update before the years end. We should attend their study session on Monday the 20th at 5:30pm and Tuesday's Council meeting at 7:00 pm to express our concerns with the gun ordinances changes made. Only 5 or 6 people are needed to attend the study session on Monday. If you can only attend one meeting, it should be the Council meeting on Tuesday. We had a great turnout when we visited Taylor in the past, let's show them we are not one trick ponies and fill the room again.

To review the ordinance, please visit this thread.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...ance-update-Any-ideas-people&highlight=taylor

detroit_fan

I'll be in nashville visiting the in-laws, hope you guys have a great turnout and maybe you can get something through the thick skulls of the city council

WARCHILD

I'm not looking for an argument nor condemn anyone's actions. I just want to try and understand why so much energy is being focused on changing city ordinances that are not enforceable anyway. I could see if someone was being charged and jacked over because of it, then fight for changes.

May I have a "calm" explanation?

Wglide90

I'm not sure what everyone is concerned about. I don't remember the exact wording of the Taylor law that they revised but I do remember that it was the same law with a clause to allow state law to govern the guns.

I don't see the problem with this!!!

They used the law to regulate all items that could be weapons that they feel they need to regulate while allowing state laws to govern the guns.

Look.... the state writes laws the same way by restricting things then including the exceptions.

Maybe that is why they think we are a "joke". I was with you guys at the first city meeting and have had contact with TPD since and I think we have done a good job of promoting OCg.

I think some are just concerned with the wording, but I think it is inclusive of state gun laws now.

My opinion.

Maybe someone can repost the new ordinence from Taylor and have another discussion on it.

OK, I went back a read the ordinences. Both have the phrase "contrary to state law". This is where they uphold the state laws on guns, while still regualting everything else.

Last edited:
B

Bikenut

Ok.. I have a silly question.........

When the wording... "in accordance with State law" ... or ... "not contrary to State law"... or ... "as allowed by State law" .... is used does that refer to actual black letter law already passed and on the books?

The reason I'm asking is........... if there is no law that restricts an activity (OC) is the lack of a law.......... the law? Or does there have to be a law to reference for "as allowed" or "not contrary" or "in accordance with".

So... is the lack of a law a law? Or are these phrases booby traps since they refer to a law on the books and not the lack of a law on the books.

I hope I've not confused y'all.... I did confuse myself though.