Thread: Waukesha Gun Show

Waukesha Gun Show

Is anyone attending the Bob and Rocco show this weekend? I plan on going to get some AR parts. I was wondering if anyone knows if you can OC there or not?

I'm not 100% sure but there was a thread about this a year ago and they wouldn't let you carry it loaded. I'll see if I can dig it up.

EDIT: Here ya go. According to BROKENSPROKET as long as you leave it in the holster you should be okay.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ght=Rocco+show
    Last edited by XDFDE45; 12-17-2010 at 12:21 PM.
    Wisconsin Carry Member
    My Castle Doctrine Law

Don't wish ill upon your enemy......plan it.

Isn't the Waukesha Gun Show held in a public building?
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

It's at the EXPO forum building, which is a public building.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

Quote Originally Posted by XDFDE45 View Post
    I'm not 100% sure but there was a thread about this a year ago and they wouldn't let you carry it loaded. I'll see if I can dig it up.

EDIT: Here ya go. According to BROKENSPROKET as long as you leave it in the holster you should be okay.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ght=Rocco+show
    The very last one I went to, Bob's buddy demanded he zip tie it. I tried the 'you didn't last time' thing, but it didin't work.

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENSPROKET View Post
    The very last one I went to, Bob's buddy demanded he zip tie it. I tried the 'you didn't last time' thing, but it didin't work.
    I think that's because some ass-hat discharged a firearm at one of the shows. Typical overreaction.

I have carried at his Waukesha show any number of times without incident. The last time was in the spring of this year.
    Jim Burgess
    NRA Lifetime

So I guess its kind of a crap shoot. I tried searching the past posts, but with OCDO being up and down the last two days it has kind of been a pain. I might just go with my empty holster, not sure if I feel like any hassles that early in the morning. Thanks for the info guys.

When I worked the B&R show at Rothschild Cedar Creek ( Nov. 5,6,7), open carry guns were zip tied just as Brokensprocket posted earlier. Empty chamber, empty magazine/cylinder, and zipped!

Quote Originally Posted by xd40arff View Post
    So I guess its kind of a crap shoot. I tried searching the past posts, but with OCDO being up and down the last two days it has kind of been a pain. I might just go with my empty holster, not sure if I feel like any hassles that early in the morning. Thanks for the info guys.
    Don't go MT holster. Let them zip tie it. Make sure its tight. Keep you mag in a mag holder of back left pocket. If ya need it, just rack the slide to break the zip tie.

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    Isn't the Waukesha Gun Show held in a public building?
    what does public building have to do with anything....it only states government buildings. if we couldnt carry in a "public" building we wouldnt be able to carry any where or am i missing something??? help??
    Last edited by Shorin21; 12-19-2010 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorin21 View Post
    what does public building have to do with anything....it only states government buildings. if we couldnt carry in a "public" building we wouldnt be able to carry any where or am i missing something??? help??
    See my signature regarding state statutes and case laws:

Public meaning owned by the government.
    Last edited by protias; 12-19-2010 at 10:28 PM.

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

It's owned by Waukesha County.

ah my apologies protias. i was confused thanks for the clarifiaction and yes it is owned by the county.....

ah my apologies protias. i was confused thanks for the clarifiaction and yes it is owned by the county.....
    Not a problem my friend. I'm glad to help when I can. Believe it or not, but there are members here who do know more than me (ok, so it isn't that hard to believe ).

Everyone that goes there with a firearm, unloaded or not, is going there "armed". They must have permission from the sheriff to have gun shows because people are bringing guns into the building. The law makes no distinction as to loaded or unloaded. Again, I have carried there on a number of occasions, been seen by police officers while carrying and never had a problem.
    Jim Burgess
    NRA Lifetime

So did anyone go ?? Anything good ??
    Or was it jerky and dream catcher show??

LR Yote
    *NOTE: No Longer under the tyranny of Milwaukee County.

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    - Frank Outlaw

I didn't go. It's always the same vendors at every Bob and Rocco show, been to one and you've been to them all.